Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Jarva's Stranded Promotion Application
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Jarva's Stranded Promotion Application

Re: Jarva's Stranded Promotion Application 11 years ago #137475

I'd rather have quality than quantity.

I'm going to say -Support, get more time as a staff and as a player of the community.
  • xDrayken
  • Platinum Boarder

The topic has been locked.

Re: Jarva's Stranded Promotion Application 11 years ago #137476

Crocodile wrote:
+Support, Jarva is a very good staff member and he would probably make a very good operator, we need more admins like him.

Plus just planing more admins
  • BigBadWilly
  • Banned
  • Diamond VIP
  • Hmmm Little Girls

Re: Jarva's Stranded Promotion Application 11 years ago #137484

xDrayken wrote:

I'm going to say -Support, get more time as a staff and as a player of the community.

Firstly, you are giving me minus support when you haven't seen me administrate/moderate? I am the only staff member online most of the time. I have the most amount of time on the server showing I am dedicated.

Secondly, you are saying you would rather that've quality than quantity but there are no admins on the server at all so quantity would not mean anything. Also referring to my point above how would you know I am not high quality? I have had no negative feedback and the server, whenever I am online, is minge free (Which I happen to do mostly single handedly, with help from Darkreaper to ban because I can't.

Thirdly, how long would you deem long enough in the community for staff? It's not like I joined and instantly applied for admin. I may not have been here long but if you look, in the time I have been here I have contributed as much as I can and tried to help everyone I can.

So please do tell me how I may be low quality and how long I should be on before I get a higher staff position.
  • Jarva
  • Senior Boarder
  • Graphics Designer & Coder

Re: Jarva's Stranded Promotion Application 11 years ago #137524

Jarva wrote:
xDrayken wrote:

Firstly, you are giving me minus support when you haven't seen me administrate/moderate? I am the only staff member online most of the time. I have the most amount of time on the server showing I am dedicated.

Secondly, you are saying you would rather that've quality than quantity but there are no admins on the server at all so quantity would not mean anything. Also referring to my point above how would you know I am not high quality? I have had no negative feedback and the server, whenever I am online, is minge free (Which I happen to do mostly single handedly, with help from Darkreaper to ban because I can't.

Thirdly, how long would you deem long enough in the community for staff? It's not like I joined and instantly applied for admin. I may not have been here long but if you look, in the time I have been here I have contributed as much as I can and tried to help everyone I can.

So please do tell me how I may be low quality and how long I should be on before I get a higher staff position.

Totallly agreee
  • BigBadWilly
  • Banned
  • Diamond VIP
  • Hmmm Little Girls

Re: Jarva's Stranded Promotion Application 11 years ago #137538

Jarva wrote:
xDrayken wrote:

I've talked to Darkreaper about getting more admins on the server and he said more people need to apply and since Jarva here is the only one with trusted already as well as being ready for promotion, I don't think you even have the right to be talking about Jarva's quality yet. If he gets promoted the server will have much less rule breakers. Oh and right now the server needs both quality and quantity admins, promoting Jarva will be the first step in the right direction.

Re: Jarva's Stranded Promotion Application 11 years ago #137540

Jarva wrote:
xDrayken wrote:

Go for at least a month.

The type of people that we need in emergency staff shortage are people who have been here for a long time. Being staff isn't only about administrating, it's about understanding how the community works, who does what, who is what, how to react to certain things etc.

Also, try not overreacting next time.

I've never said you were low quality. What I'm saying is that you haven't been around for long enough, and theres people that have been around for longer and could do a better job. Don't take it personally, I'm voicing what I think. Last time we've had fast picked staff members, as soon as they got the powers, they started abusing the hell out of it. Show your loyality by waiting, being patient. Every amazing staff members have always waited quite a long time inbetween their promotions.
  • xDrayken
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Jarva's Stranded Promotion Application 11 years ago #137568

xDrayken wrote:
Jarva wrote:
xDrayken wrote:

Go for at least a month.

The type of people that we need in emergency staff shortage are people who have been here for a long time. Being staff isn't only about administrating, it's about understanding how the community works, who does what, who is what, how to react to certain things etc.

Also, try not overreacting next time.

I've never said you were low quality. What I'm saying is that you haven't been around for long enough, and theres people that have been around for longer and could do a better job. Don't take it personally, I'm voicing what I think. Last time we've had fast picked staff members, as soon as they got the powers, they started abusing the hell out of it. Show your loyality by waiting, being patient. Every amazing staff members have always waited quite a long time inbetween their promotions.

Firstly, I wasn't overreacting, I was just wondering why you would -Support something just based on the fact they haven't been here long.

Secondly, this statement: xDrayken wrote:
theres people that have been around for longer and could do a better job.

I thought you never said I was low quality? Yet again how can you know they would do a better job if you haven't seen me administrate/moderate. I am fully aware that some people would abuse their powers, should they be granted them but, as people have said in other applications.
If they have shown themselves worthy as trusted, promote them, if they abuse then they can be permanently banned from a staff position.
  • Jarva
  • Senior Boarder
  • Graphics Designer & Coder
Last Edit: 11 years ago by Jarva.

Re: Jarva's Stranded Promotion Application 11 years ago #137625

Jarva wrote:

Firstly, I wasn't overreacting, I was just wondering why you would -Support something just based on the fact they haven't been here long.

I thought you never said I was low quality? Yet again how can you know they would do a better job if you haven't seen me administrate/moderate. I am fully aware that some people would abuse their powers, should they be granted them but, as people have said in other applications.
If they have shown themselves worthy as trusted, promote them, if they abuse then they can be permanently banned from a staff position.

Your understanding of my posts seems to be flawed.

Like I said, I never said you were low quality. Me saying that some could do a better job doesn't mean you're low quality, it simply means they could do a better job. You know, you're not perfect, and that doesn't make you low quality simply because some are better at it.

And I reserve my own rights to my opinions. If I want to -Support because someone hasn't been here for long, then I will do so. Because I do believe that loyality and experience inside friendlyplayers is a BIG requirement to obtaining staff and promotions.

Anyone can play the trustworthy for a little time, and once they get the powers, they start abusing. I'm not saying you're an abuser or that you plan on doing so, I'm saying that time IS a requirement as a staff member. If you're able to show you're patient, then I'm sure it will pay off.

For example, I've been in FP for two years, I have 187 hours on the current RP server, I also had just around 900 on the old server before it closed, and I still believe it would be too soon for me to apply for membership on the roleplay server, even though I might when I'm finally done with school in two months.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say here?
  • xDrayken
  • Platinum Boarder

Last Edit: 11 years ago by xDrayken.

Re: Jarva's Stranded Promotion Application 11 years ago #137627

xDrayken wrote:
Jarva wrote:

Your understanding of my posts seems to be flawed.

Like I said, I never said you were low quality. Me saying that some could do a better job doesn't mean you're low quality, it simply means they could do a better job. You know, you're not perfect, and that doesn't make you low quality simply because some are better at it.

And I reserve my own rights to my opinions. If I want to -Support because someone hasn't been here for long, then I will do so. Because I do believe that loyality and experience inside friendlyplayers is a BIG requirement to obtaining staff and promotions.

Anyone can play the trustworthy for a little time, and once they get the powers, they start abusing. I'm not saying you're an abuser or that you plan on doing so, I'm saying that time IS a requirement as a staff member. If you're able to show you're patient, then I'm sure it will pay off.

For example, I've been in FP for two years, I have 187 hours on the current RP server, I also had just around 900 on the old server before it closed, and I still believe it would be too soon for me to apply for membership on the roleplay server, even though I might when I'm finally done with school in two months.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say here?

I'd just like to tell you, you havent been in FP for over a year, and you know Key? Te Jailbreak admin? He got trusted in 6 hours time drayken, so no matter how long jarva plays he should still get a promotion because he's active.

Also, Bring it back to 2011 when I got staff member on RP when I was 11 and only had two weeks time in FP, if you were here for nearly 2 years you would of said that I dont have enough time.
  • Crocodile
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

Re: Jarva's Stranded Promotion Application 11 years ago #138018

Crocodile wrote:
I'd just like to tell you, you havent been in FP for over a year, and you know Key? Te Jailbreak admin? He got trusted in 6 hours time drayken, so no matter how long jarva plays he should still get a promotion because he's active.

Also, Bring it back to 2011 when I got staff member on RP when I was 11 and only had two weeks time in FP, if you were here for nearly 2 years you would of said that I dont have enough time.

"You havn't been in FP for two years"

Take a look at this, 9 months ago, nearly 10. I posted a thread as xDrayken applying for TTT trusted last year around june. Look at what I wrote as "how long have you been in FP"
AversiveSphinx - Trusted Application

I truly dislike people who say things that are unfounded and untrue. If you do not know about the matter, don't bother talking about it. If you wish to verify that, check the thread, as well as ask Josh Wesker, which was one of the first guys I got in contact with on friendlyplayers roleplay. Hell, you even +Supported that application yourself.

Also here:
we do not need another coder, especially one who abuses powers and isn't even capable of handling trusted powers, not to mention you find a ban to be a suitable punishment for just about everything.

That's a part of Darkreaper's sayings on a different thread. I was right, I always do my own little research before + or - Supporting an application.
  • xDrayken
  • Platinum Boarder

Last Edit: 11 years ago by xDrayken.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds