Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tree Issue

Tree Issue 11 years ago #139661

We're having an issue on the stranded server with trees. Basically once all the trees are cut down, they're gone. Forever.
The problem is, when you get on the server the next day, there are still no trees.
Proof is on this video I took:

-E
The topic has been locked.

Re: Tree Issue 11 years ago #139671

You can't replant when you join the server and there are no trees. There were about 15 people on the server that all left because of this issue. Like I said, I was the first person in the server and there were no trees when I got in.

Re: Tree Issue 11 years ago #139673

There needs to be at least a few trees that respawn or random spawn, or someone will deforest the entire map every night or when no one is in the server.

Re: Tree Issue 11 years ago #139674

Well thats a real problem. There is a need for a respawning trees
  • TheReaper
  • Senior Boarder
  • Happiest Man In The World!

Re: Tree Issue 11 years ago #139675

A rule? Perhaps common sense, I imagine stranded being another form of RP so deforesting the map and leaving no more wood resources to survive with is entirely their own fault. Sadly the trees are one of the few things in the game mode that hold some form of relatively close realism to how an actual nomad/settler style life would be. So yeah a rule would probably fix the problem of completely deleting a resource seeing how it's the only resource that can actually become extinct.

Put in a deforestation rule and the result will be:

PROS

1. Better self control on the players parts.
2. Better preservation of a valuable resource.
3. More realistic feel for the game mode in the sense that one would actually need to replant trees in a barren environment in order to survive.
4. More wood for everyone.

CONS

1. Rule breakers look for rules to break, thus causing a lot of deforestation grieving among baddies.
2. More often admin forced tree re-spawning due to rule breakers.
3. False unprovable accusations of deforestation with possible unjustified punishment and no way to prove otherwise.

Not a bad idea for the rule Clocket. Though the staff members would have to pay better attention to players suspected of breaking said rule. That being said, it is their job to pay attention; so yeah. I can't see a problem with this rule.
  • Vice
  • Expert Boarder

Re: Tree Issue 11 years ago #139677

There already is a rule about this, however there might be a glitch where you cant replant trees. I'll look into it for later.
  • Artezza
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds