Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Stranded Changelog/Updates
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stranded Changelog/Updates

Stranded Changelog/Updates 11 years ago #137638

Okay, so with the new changes the stranded server has been seeing, I recently thought I should probably put up a changes thread to let you guys know about any updates that have been added to the server. Ill sort them out later, but for now I'll add in the ones I can remember:

Hatchets:
Stone - 50 lumbering
Copper - 100 lumbering
Iron - 150 lumbering

Pickaxes:
Stone - 100 mining
Copper - 200 mining
Iron - 300 mining

General:
Toolgun - 50 Survival
Crowbar - 75 Survival
Stunstick - 110 Survival

New rules:
• Taxing is against the rules no mattter what. If you are caught taxing people, you will have your resources halved.
  • Artezza
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
Last Edit: 11 years ago by Artezza.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Stranded Changelog/Updates 11 years ago #137640

So you balance it out for the higher levels by giving them more things to do but, at the same time you make it harder for the low level player to get any perks.

Oh well, I don't mind. Just peeved that I got to earn my iron pick back.
  • Jarva
  • Senior Boarder
  • Graphics Designer & Coder
Last Edit: 11 years ago by Jarva.

Re: Stranded Changelog/Updates 11 years ago #137647

A crowbar at 75 seems a little off the wall. It's basically babies first weapon and the only effective means of increasing hunting with low weapon crafting, let alone defending yourself from random attacks.

I spent a decent amount of time on the server over 2 days and was just barely able to craft pistols at Survival 40. That seemed a little quick to me, however it also seemed fairly balanced compared to the fact that everyone was already running around with crossbows sniping the only antlions that ever seemed to spawn. Always resorted to my crowbar or stun Stick to increase my hunting, and it took a grueling amount of time to increase it to just 10 using those weapons.

Forcing people to punch out the only source of hunting increase until level 75 is a terrible idea IMO, and not to sound rude but it seems as though the level requirements that were posted here were only briefly considered before being set to the stone.

On a side note, 100 mining for just a stone pickaxe is pretty outrageous, a fresh player would literally have to punch rocks for what? 2 hours straight? to even begin to start with efficient mining tools? Without a pick the success rate of mining is like 1/4 chance, especially when you are new, and the skill only increases if you actually manage to chip some rock off. However once one does manage to acquire a pick the mining would go up faster, albeit with the numbers, still feel like more of a day job than a game mode.

Maybe a stone pickaxe should be at 45 or 50, leave the other numbers alone I suppose but 100 mining before you get a pick is crazy unless someone gives it to you.

This is just my opinion on the matter, seems like these numbers would almost make it impossible for newbies to get a start, and the slow pace of your intro into the game may deter a lot of people.

Now, I'm not going to neglect the benefit of a slower start. In fairness of sharing opinions a slower start would have been good when the server was brand new, but implementing it now, when so many regulars are already way past theses points isn't going to make a difference at all. However, these changes are a good tool to use against people who get bored after reaching a peak point in the game mode so quickly, adding a little more time to their plates so that they may be occupied slightly longer. Also these numbers area a good way to help prevent those that join the server for an hour and quickly have the means to minge with extreme prejudice VIA the easily accessible early weapons, but that won't stop them from prop push/killing people; and the changes may make it more difficult for the victims to immediately defend themselves from such events.

My thoughts on the changes, though I have not been playing on any of the servers much right now due to a hectic work schedule, I feel as though I am entitled to a small amount of opinion on the matters and changes going on.

Thanks for the update by the way Dark. Now I know if I am going to play stranded, I am going to need to set aside a little extra time.
  • Vice
  • Expert Boarder

Re: Stranded Changelog/Updates 11 years ago #137648

Vice you do realize that the pickaxe and hatchet unlocks are permanent unlocks, so you get them whenever you join. Also, you can still craft them the normal way with a stone workbench and so on. This is just a reward for the players who are dedicated enough to play that long. Think of it as the stranded version of RP unlocks.
  • Artezza
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Stranded Changelog/Updates 11 years ago #137649

Darkreaper wrote:
Vice you do realize that the pickaxe and hatchet unlocks are permanent unlocks, so you get them whenever you join. Also, you can still craft them the normal way with a stone workbench and so on. This is just a reward for the players who are dedicated enough to play that long. Think of it as the stranded version of RP unlocks.

Ah well for a while there when I joined all my stuff would be missing and I would have to remake all those things, each time I played.

Anyways, thanks for the quick response dark, and don't take my post personally. It was directed to hold a stand point of pros and cons based on a level of patience of possible new players.

I personally think you are doing a wonderful job with the server, and I was only placing a potential out side point of view on how the new numbers may effect some.

I'm excited to know that stuff you have made actually stick with you now, for the longest time they were just going away when I logged off.

Anyways, thanks again for the fast response Dark.

Oh, and any chance we can get the night time to become as dark as it did on the first map? Making lights from the tool gun seems kinda pointless now with how bright it is during the night anyways. lol
  • Vice
  • Expert Boarder

Re: Stranded Changelog/Updates 11 years ago #137651

• Taxing is against the rules no mattter what. If you are caught taxing people, you will have your resources halved.

Well, there's my income gone!
  • .Tenshi
  • Banned
  • Diamond VIP
  • Seasoned Grammar Nazi
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds