Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: so hl2rp is dead?

Re: so hl2rp is dead? 9 years, 6 months ago #222815

GrimThunder62 wrote:
All my attempts at contacting ownership and even some other members on the administration team have provided me with fruitless results. I usually get told, "We'll talk about it" or "Ask so and so" (which after asking said person, I still get an inconclusive answer).

While I hate to say it, I'm pretty sure that FP is on its last leg. The massive amount of resignations and loss of interest has led to a large decline in the amount of players on every server in this community, DarkRP included. Ever since the latest death of FP's HL2:RP over the summer, I stopped visiting the community as often, so I'm not sure if this has been said before or not, but upon discussing with other staff members and players, the opinion is certainly agreed upon.

Of course, this isn't surprising. Even the giants fall at some point, and FP is no exception to this rule. We've had a good run, all these years, and all that is left to do is wait to see how long it will be until the plug is pulled.

I commend all of you who still attempt to populate what remains, though, if you're like me, you'll soon realize that there is very little hope of returning FP to its former glory, especially as the ideologies and practices of the ownership stands.

Of course, I'll stick with it until the end, just in case some miracle happens that extends the life of the community. I owe it a lot, as it has given me a lot of good memories and the likes, and though I may seem harsh in saying what I stated above, I hold nothing but positive feelings for FP, but at the same time, it is important to look at the situation realistically.

EDIT: Upon further investigation, the HL2:RP server is no longer online, so I don't believe it will be coming back.

Kind Regards,
GrimThunder62
HL2:RP SA

It's pretty hard to communicate with you if you consistently continue to remove us from your friends list, and although I agree with you that FP hasn't been been its strongest these recent months. We are in fact in the process of rejuvenating the half life 2 server in an attempt to bring it back to its former glory, and the rest of the community will be alerted once our efforts are finalised.

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

The server isn't dead, simply broken. And what is broken can easily be fixed.
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Dare To Zlatan
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by .....
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jacknelli

Re: so hl2rp is dead? 9 years, 6 months ago #222820

Krugerman12 wrote:
GrimThunder62 wrote:
All my attempts at contacting ownership and even some other members on the administration team have provided me with fruitless results. I usually get told, "We'll talk about it" or "Ask so and so" (which after asking said person, I still get an inconclusive answer).

While I hate to say it, I'm pretty sure that FP is on its last leg. The massive amount of resignations and loss of interest has led to a large decline in the amount of players on every server in this community, DarkRP included. Ever since the latest death of FP's HL2:RP over the summer, I stopped visiting the community as often, so I'm not sure if this has been said before or not, but upon discussing with other staff members and players, the opinion is certainly agreed upon.

Of course, this isn't surprising. Even the giants fall at some point, and FP is no exception to this rule. We've had a good run, all these years, and all that is left to do is wait to see how long it will be until the plug is pulled.

I commend all of you who still attempt to populate what remains, though, if you're like me, you'll soon realize that there is very little hope of returning FP to its former glory, especially as the ideologies and practices of the ownership stands.

Of course, I'll stick with it until the end, just in case some miracle happens that extends the life of the community. I owe it a lot, as it has given me a lot of good memories and the likes, and though I may seem harsh in saying what I stated above, I hold nothing but positive feelings for FP, but at the same time, it is important to look at the situation realistically.

EDIT: Upon further investigation, the HL2:RP server is no longer online, so I don't believe it will be coming back.

Kind Regards,
GrimThunder62
HL2:RP SA

It's pretty hard to communicate with you if you consistently continue to remove us from your friends list, and although I agree with you that FP hasn't been been its strongest these recent months. We are in fact in the process of rejuvenating the half life 2 server in an attempt to bring it back to its former glory, and the rest of the community will be alerted once our efforts are finalised.

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

The server isn't dead, simply broken. And what is broken can easily be fixed.

Well, I wish you luck with whatever attempts you make at reviving the community. Unfortunately, in the light of things, and consideration for everything else that is going on, I'm going to officially resign from FP and forfeit my administrative powers.

It has been fun! I do realize what I posted about sticking with it until the end may be confusing, as I am not resigning, but what I meant is that FP has my best of wishes in regards to its continued survival and possible redemption, but I do believe that this is the time for me to go, as many other staff members and community members have by this point.

Again, however, good luck with your attempts to revive the community, and thank you for all the joy you have brought me. I am glad I could serve such a great community.

-GrimThunder62
  • GrimThunder62
  • Gold Boarder
  • In many cases, your mind is your only limitation
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by GrimThunder62.
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds