Username Password: Remember me

Hunger Poll + New Map Details/Qs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

Poll: Hunger/Thirst Mod Poll

No Hunger-Thirst Mod 5 71.4%
Keep the current Hunger-Thirst Mod 1 14.3%
Use (new) Food Mod (See Desc.) No votes 0%
Use Food Mod items as Hunger (Github on Wksp page) 1 14.3%
Total number of voters:7 ( .... Mechanic PUNISHED-z11 Viking thatsmrcole GrimThunder62 Darc_Adminium )
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hunger Poll + New Map Details/Qs

Hunger Poll + New Map Details/Qs 9 years, 8 months ago #217611

―――――――READ THIS BEFORE VOTING IN THE POLL!―――――――
This is the Food Mod that I am using as an alternative to our Hunger-Thirst Mod, these foods give health instead of filling hunger, and I don't think they can inherently be carried around via your inventory
Please actually look at the workshop page this time guys?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=163221745
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108024198

NOTE: The Food Mod can be used as a Hunger Mod (designed for DarkRP) But I have no idea how this hunger mod version would work!

Food Mod Pros+ This will give opportunities to others to sell different forms of food if we KEEP old Hng/Trs Mod, and give something physical for shopkeepers to sell if we REMOVE old Hng/Trs mod

I don't want to convince anyone, or sway any opinions, I want to just put this out on the table for the internet to judge (wow, that sounds like a good idea!) Because, from the grapevine, I heard that EMP needed some form of Hunger for his evil master plan of some sort.

----------------------On an Unrelated note, Everything Below here is about the current Map----

I have been told that a new part of the HL2RP map would open up featuring a wasteland region, between then and now, I haven't had much word on the topic, so i'm bringing it up here. I found a few maps that look like what I've heard of. These are the workshop items;
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132916875 [District 9]
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132911524 [Canals](wasteland/city transition)

I haven't heard much about the maps, and i'd like to know... Is it because its in development hell like HL3? The maps not looking as great as you expected, or is it being made the long, hard way (through hammer or other map-making software)? Because for the guys who spend an entire year in the community, you'd think more word would get out about these topics.
Last Edit: 9 years, 8 months ago by Darc_Adminium.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Hunger Poll + New Map Details/Qs 9 years, 8 months ago #217635

I feel that having that food mod would be kinda fail RP. The Combine wouldn't be giving out pizzas, bags of snacks of snacks, candy, or anything really that's really... Enjoyable to eat. On that note, I highly doubt that they'd let shopkeepers sell any of that either, because that means that the citizens wouldn't have to come to them for food, meaning they couldn't keep them under as tight a grasp.
All in all, I understand why you would suggest it, I just think it's not terribly well thought out.

Re: Hunger Poll + New Map Details/Qs 9 years, 8 months ago #217643

Obviously an alien species wouldn't be handing out pizzas! That stuffs contraband!I'd think it would be obtained in some other illegal fashion, but i'll go mod hunting, with over a GB of space used up from workshop items I might as well go do some more thorough research... I'll edit the post's links soon!

Re: Hunger Poll + New Map Details/Qs 9 years, 8 months ago #217645

Most common foods will not even be in date at the time the server takes place and most of the ingredients required would be impossible to find. The food items being so basic is for a specific reason, the combine want to control what each citizen consumes. Introducing multiple diffrent brands of food from the pre-seven hour war world would just go against the combines mentality and be completely fail rp for non combine roleplay.

Yes, we do have the idea of eventually introducing an outlands based district to our current map, but we have already pre-selected the map we will use for the outlands but thank you for the suggestions.
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Dare To Zlatan
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darc_Adminium

Re: Hunger Poll + New Map Details/Qs 9 years, 8 months ago #217664

I've found another vaguely cool food mod, but it is still more in the ways of "comfort foods" than not, so i'll go search garrysmod.org sometime in tomorrow

Also, I haven't seen a soul on the HL2RP server for a couple days, did I miss a memo, or have I just had the most inconvenient timing recently?

Also, thanks for the news Krugerman, but it still doesn't quite answer the question of where in the line of development is the outland map section?
I haven't heard much about the maps, and i'd like to know... Is it because its in development hell like HL3? The maps not looking as great as you expected, or is it being made the long, hard way (through hammer or other map-making software)?

Re: Hunger Poll + New Map Details/Qs 9 years, 8 months ago #217710

Darc_Adminium wrote:
I've found another vaguely cool food mod, but it is still more in the ways of "comfort foods" than not, so i'll go search garrysmod.org sometime in tomorrow

Also, I haven't seen a soul on the HL2RP server for a couple days, did I miss a memo, or have I just had the most inconvenient timing recently?

Also, thanks for the news Krugerman, but it still doesn't quite answer the question of where in the line of development is the outland map section?
I haven't heard much about the maps, and i'd like to know... Is it because its in development hell like HL3? The maps not looking as great as you expected, or is it being made the long, hard way (through hammer or other map-making software)?

The server is just simply dead again. It's just as it was the many months before the reset. People have stopped caring about it, and no matter what the staff does to populate, at least in my experiences, it can't be done anymore.

I'm quite sure that someone is going to refute my statements in following posts, but they'll just be denying the truth. These people will say the server is populated by them, problem is, that isn't exactly true. They consider "populated" as them sitting AFK on the server, while they go do something else.

The outcome of the server is unfortunate, but what has happened has happened, and there's not much else we can do about it.
  • GrimThunder62
  • Gold Boarder
  • In many cases, your mind is your only limitation
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Last Edit: 9 years, 8 months ago by GrimThunder62.

Re: Hunger Poll + New Map Details/Qs 9 years, 8 months ago #217719

My personal opinion on this is that there is no point.

Essentially the server has been dead for quite a long time and with the new 'Revamp' nothing much has changed. It is exactly the same as before, with a short burst of activity for the first few days of renewal and then a steady decline of activity over the next month.

On about the hunger mod, it may seem like a good idea attempting to make the server seem more realistic but it is just way too bolocked to really play around with. Even with implementation of a 'new and improved' hunger system, i don't think it would bring a steady player base back, especially even still with the other noticeable problems popping up here and there, such as items bugging and appearance problems such as holstering and un-holstering weapons. There are quite a few turn off's, that might just be me though.

I also agree with Grim on this one too, there are alot of people coming on inviting individuals and afking themselves. I'm not saying it happens all the time but on many separate occasions it has, and even when it looks like the server may be slightly populated, there are a stack of people sitting in the afk zone or sitting afk somewhere else.

It's a shame to see the server like this again. I have always said that the server will get better with time, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. But cheers for bringing up suggestions. It is always much appreciated no matter what happens anyway.

Jamie/Windowlicker
  • Jamie
  • Senior Boarder

[ Montana Fires (2000) ]

[ Inspiration Point, Bryce Canyon National Park ]

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds