Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

[HL2RP] (Mostly) Addon Suggestions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: [HL2RP] (Mostly) Addon Suggestions

[HL2RP] (Mostly) Addon Suggestions 9 years, 9 months ago #216928

I'm restless tonight, so i'm going to link up some addons from steam that may or may not work out great. But before I get to that, I wanna state this first... I've been tossing this around in my mind, so foar I havent seen anything in place for this; If you're RP fighting someone with, say, a pistol, whoever has that pistol should have an upper hand in the RP fight, so if you roll 44, and crazy gunslinger rolls 42, the pistol should give a +5 to that roll, more or less. So if you feel the need to RP-fight with a CP wielding a pulse rifle, best think twice. Of course there should be limitations to these buffs, say, only a maximum of +30 can be achieved from equipment, even if everything you have can accumulate to well past that, secondly, for a weapon to give the buff, it must be UNHOLSTERED, )and normal people don't walk into a room gun in hand, so they'd have to pull it out midfight, but if good guy #1 swings at bad guy #1 before bad guy has his gun out, bad guy #1 doesnt have the +5 until he yanks that firearm outta his pants!
There would be different "slots" for the buffs as well, if you're wearing combine, rebel, etc armor, they give you a varying amount of "+roll" so if you have 20 pistols, they only give you the buff of 1, ofc. So for the different +roll values, im thinknig something like...
Pistol +5
Magnum +8
SMG +12
Shotgun +12
Pulse Rifle +20
Crossbow +5 (RP Fights are usually fairly close combat to my knowledge, no good for long range!)
Grenade +0 (I can't find it reasonable to give you an advantage, too random up close, I think)

Now that thats out of the way, I've got some addons that I think are pretty damn cool!...

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128967611
A very neat sniper rifle for the CP, it's quite powerful and is semi--rapid firing for a 5 round clip, the catch is that there is a blue tracer laser whenever the gun is being held!

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185609021
Atmos! An addon that can change the time of day/change weather, I think this is mainly for RP reasons, gotta gt outta the rain! (not sure if this will physically work with the map, worth a test though!

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=290282950
Riot Shield! Makes you completely protected from gunfire incoming from the direction you are looking in AS LONG AS YOU ARE CURRENTLY HOLDING IT

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106427033
"Parakeet's Pill Pack" Its a really silly addon that allows you to be many different "players" including combine. The main purpose of this is so a CP Player can become a Pill Pack Combine, spawn in other NPC Combine, and not be shot at. Mainly for Raids where there arent many other CP Players online and a large rebel threat is needed to be dispatched.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113495466
Climb Swep 2! This one probably shouldnt be added, I just wanted to entertain the thought <3
(If by some unforeseen force, this addon is added, several commands should be used to restrict it)
IM MAINLY INTERESTED IN THE MOD'S SLIDING AND ROLLING FEATURES! If we could grab onto every ledge, and even if we removed the triple wall jump feature, people would still be able to get outside the map, so it should be assumed that if this is added, all "jumping" features will be removed via console commands, and rolling/sliding will be all that's left

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128093075
M9K Small Arms Pack! Shame on You if you haven't heard of it! Comes with commands to increase/decrease Damage Multiplier for the weapons, use one of the other M9K packs if the weapons here seem too good / no good

I've got a couple other mods that seem like too much effort to add to the list, like a coffee vending machine prop and matching coffee cup props -or some HL2 ID Cards... In SPANSIH! 8-D

--[EDIT]--
Don't worry guys, if you thought this was too much, i'm back with more! (but on a side-note, i'm not even considering all of these to be in, I kinda hope some get pushed out of the equation, i'm just proposing them to everyone's criticism to see if they seem like a decent idea or not)

steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=4000
Player Push Mod! I'm assuming this is a SWEP, I havent tried it, cuz, y'know, no server to test it on?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=288161668
Suppressed (Silenced) 9mm Pistol, I think this could be used by rebels with personal vendettas who don't want combine on their back too quickly (Suppressed SMG from the same guy if that sounds good to you guys).

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=282312812
The ID Cards. They look cool, they're made for a different Spanish HL2RP Server, but I don't know if they're something you hold/ if they're props...

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=248681436
Physical Bullets! Makes gunfights more intricate in that they allow bullets to ricochet (I think toggleable via commands?) and for bullets to pass through some materials, like doors. The bullets do less damage to the target after ricocheting or passing through something else, however.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=198367932
CS:S Grenades! Adds frags, flash grenades, and smoke grenades, we could all care less about the frag, but smokes and flashes make battle much more tactical, or can just be used for making a quick escape!

One last thing... Don't just +Support this whole post, I was the devil in making this wall of text, instead, tell me what you guys think of each individual addon (if possible) whether positive or negative!
Last Edit: 9 years, 9 months ago by Darc_Adminium. Reason: The 1st Edit didn't properly edit, so I edited the unedited version to make it edited
The topic has been locked.

Re: [HL2RP] (Mostly) Addon Suggestions 9 years, 9 months ago #216931

We already have the Riot Shield addon. The others are great also but out of them all I would love to see the Atmos addon on here. I love playing rp's with day/night features hopefully FP can include that in to their server.
  • Demigod
  • Expert Boarder

Re: [HL2RP] (Mostly) Addon Suggestions 9 years, 9 months ago #216933

Demigod wrote:
We already have the Riot Shield addon. The others are great also but out of them all I would love to see the Atmos addon on here. I love playing rp's with day/night features hopefully FP can include that in to their server.

He's on about the GOOD Roleplay server.

Anyway, we already have m9k, Day and night + Atmos would be nice to see now that we arent on city 45 either, so You got my +Support on that.
  • Crocodile
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

Re: [HL2RP] (Mostly) Addon Suggestions 9 years, 9 months ago #216940

Edited the post, made it longer, now everyone can download 10GB of useless crap

Re: [HL2RP] (Mostly) Addon Suggestions 9 years, 9 months ago #216948

Something I noticed a little earlier...

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Roll Bonuses are already in place, in the big stickied HL2RP Manual. I think these actually make a fair amount of sense. Really, the only thing that needs to be done for this is an easy way to bring the list up in-game (like a command) and a good, semi-simple system can be put in place so that people can really enjoy RP-Fighting. I'm trying particularly hard to try to convince you guys here, but a completely fair 50-50 chance fight between a naked hobo and an armored high-rank Combine Squad Leader is very clearly unfair.
(P.S. There are two Combine Classes in the 1st snip that have +100 and +300 to their roll, they ARE possible to defeat, but you need 4+ people to take just one of 'em down! assuming none of those 4 other people have any roll bonus of their own...)
Last Edit: 9 years, 9 months ago by Darc_Adminium.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds