- Half Life 2 Role-play: The Revival - Poll -
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

Poll: Should the server be rebooted?

• Page:

TOPIC: - Half Life 2 Role-play: The Revival - Poll -

- Half Life 2 Role-play: The Revival - Poll - 9 years, 9 months ago #215517

- Half Life 2 Role-play: The Revival -
- The Canon Reset Proposition -

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary:
Currently the server is in many ways dead because of the lack of players, but this is an issue that cannot be simply blamed on people losing interest in the game mode, for many of the staff team and player base don’t have this issue. We as a staff team believe this lack of players has arisen because of the lack of consistent and genuine storytelling, an issue which has become prominent as certain role-play scenarios progress.

This is because the role-play has been twisted as certain aspects of it has been voided or simply left incomplete. This forces the player base to act differently on how they carry out their role-play on the server, because they must adapt their characters story to suit the damaged role-play that has plagued the server.

It has come to an extent where we believe the role-play simply has gone too far and a fresh start would greatly benefit the server, staff team, and most importantly the player base. Even the greatest of storytellers leave mistakes riddled throughout their masterpieces, and go onto clarify that they would change these faults if they were given the chance. We as a community do have that chance, and we believe the server will greatly benefit from the ability to do so, developing the server the way we originally intended without repeating the mistakes of the past.

We as the staff team have decided that this change is needed but instead of taking the step forward required, we have decided such a drastic change should be democratically decided by the very players that inhabit the community. We would also like you as the community to decide on the map that will be used for the canon reset.

What a canon reset entitles:

- All characters will be deleted.
- Introduction of a developed and updated canon.
- The selection of a new map in order to solidify the reset.
- Eventual reintroduction of melee weapons.
- Less chances given for rules being broken.
- Creation of a controlled economy.
- Grater variation with events.
- Less guns being owned by non-combine.

CCA:

- The Division leaders, commander and Sectorial will be re-assigned.
- The city adminstrator will be re-assigned.
- A Union SqL will be pre-assigned in order to handle the heavy demands of the new servers training
- Officer and Squad leader ranks will not be pre-assigned.
- More fearRP and less robot like characters within the MPF.
- Greater emphasis on the combine being the superior power on the server.
- Only the four base divisions will be present from the start, Helix, Union, Jury and Grid.
- Less use of the Overwatch transhuman.
- Training will be re-evaluated in order to create realistic training seasons were multiple recruits are taught at the same time like it was when the server first launched.
- A concentration on filling the voids in our current role-play, such as the lack of constant training and augmentation role-play.
- Only the Union high command will be able to train units, but still require their DvL's permission.
- Only the Jury units can handle intergations, torture sessions, trials and the various other punishments for anti-citizens.

Citizens:

- Re-evaluation of how loyalists are selected in order to prevent people receiving the status without a set number of loyalist points getting it.
- Greater emphasis on citizen housing and reoccurring apartment raids.
- More events that include citizens.
- More role-play concentration on the citizens applying for CCA rather than just creating a new character.
- More passive role-play that doesn’t involve rebels.
- Less concentration on base role-play and super rebels.

Vortiguants:

- Only two elder vortiguants will be present from the start in order to establish the hierarchy.
- progressing to new ranks will require training from elder vortiguants in order to stop people from creating elders from scratch.
- Every vortessence power being fleshed out to prevent people from creating their own powers.
- Enslaved biotics can only be freed by elder vortiguants.
- Only the elder rank will receive the poncho vortiguant skin.
- All new vortiguants will start as enslaved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Dare To Zlatan
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Last Edit: 9 years, 9 months ago by .....
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: madaradox

Re: - Half Life 2 Role-play: The Revival - Poll - 9 years, 9 months ago #215518

It has been decided that because one of the maps pre-selected maps was broken by the recent garry's mod update, we will proceed to use a different map 'City8', but attempt to make our own changes to the map for the bettering of the server.

- rp_city8 - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132913036 -
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Dare To Zlatan

Re: - Half Life 2 Role-play: The Revival - Poll - 9 years, 9 months ago #215521

I took some screenshots to help show off the map.

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
  • Reventius
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici.
Last Edit: 9 years, 9 months ago by .....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craccoo, Gangster_Story

Re: - Half Life 2 Role-play: The Revival - Poll - 9 years, 9 months ago #215522

This map was the better of the two at least. City_33 was definitely too buggy.

And thanks for the screenshots Reventius.
  • Jamie
  • Senior Boarder

[ Montana Fires (2000) ]

[ Inspiration Point, Bryce Canyon National Park ]

Re: - Half Life 2 Role-play: The Revival - Poll - 9 years, 9 months ago #215543

This sounds REALLY good, it's sad to see the hl2rp empty all the time and i would be happy to see it populated again.
  • madaradox
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Madaraarararadox
ت

Re: - Half Life 2 Role-play: The Revival - Poll - 9 years, 9 months ago #215544

I agree fully with a cannon reset it will give everyone time to work their way up in the ranks again and doesnt make certain people OP in a sense. I would love to get back melee weapons because I could think of a bunch of RP situations with them. Im curious on how the CCA system will go. Will there be only picked SeC,CMD,DVLs then everyone one else starts at Rct? or will there only be a SeC and everyone is RcT until we get up to CMD/DVLs? I also think a new map is great and hope we find a good one.
  • ggboyswag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
|FP| Zail: im not done
|FP| Zail: minging you

I did the same attack twice and I both rolled 1's for both of them but the second time around I actually won the roll when Steven rolled 0. #GetRekted!

Re: - Half Life 2 Role-play: The Revival - Poll - 9 years, 9 months ago #215546

Yes! Make it happen
  • Hulubalu
  • Forum Administrator
  • Diamond VIP
  • Ambassador />
					</li>

<li class=
  • Felix Wesker
Last Edit: 9 years, 9 months ago by Hulubalu.

Re: - Half Life 2 Role-play: The Revival - Poll - 9 years, 9 months ago #215547

• KreeG
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler R

Re: - Half Life 2 Role-play: The Revival - Poll - 9 years, 9 months ago #215551

ggboyswag wrote:
I agree fully with a cannon reset it will give everyone time to work their way up in the ranks again and doesnt make certain people OP in a sense. I would love to get back melee weapons because I could think of a bunch of RP situations with them. Im curious on how the CCA system will go. Will there be only picked SeC,CMD,DVLs then everyone one else starts at Rct? or will there only be a SeC and everyone is RcT until we get up to CMD/DVLs? I also think a new map is great and hope we find a good one.

We're going to start off with the four core divisions. Helix, Union, Jury and Grid. There will be Division Leaders assigned for those divisions, and everyone else will start from recruit. This will help teach everyone once again how to fear RP, and help fill up the empty divisions we currently have.
  • Reventius
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici.

Re: - Half Life 2 Role-play: The Revival - Poll - 9 years, 9 months ago #215567

Yes.
  • PUNISHED-z11
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • This is good, isn't it?