Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Loch`s CCA Application

Loch`s CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210949

**NOTE** IC Applications Will be availbile if presented with the opportunity In Game!**
Steam Name: Lochness
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:8948380
Why do you want to become a CCA Unit? I wish to join the CCA because my other character on another server is dead and… I really need to find a replacement unit.. I also want to be an ALPHA unit again because its fun.. Really fun.
What are your characters special abilities and disabilities? Character is very smart and creative. Disabilities are he is not as physically fit. He also used to work at a hospital.
What kind of personality does your character give? My character`s personality is very curious and also very aware and cautious.
What are you expected to do in the CCA? It depends what division I choose. If I choose HELIX I will be helping units with bullet wounds, sicknesses, broken limbs and other medical stuff. If I am an ALPHA or ZETA unit I will be working with parasitic and tripeds and mainly biotics. I will also do research on Xen. But no matter what division I chose, I will have to detain citizens, participate in Judgment Waivers and do what the Administrators tell me.
How do you think the CCA will be like for you? I think the CCA would be a fun expirence for me. I have CP on another server and I used to have 2 CP. One server closed and the other one my character died… Perma Kill. But I think this would be a new experience for me in City 45. I have explored the map and it looks great! Can’t wait to see if I get CP!
Please write a back story of how your character became the CCA Unit you are(A Few good lines) `Twas the year 1990. James was only at the young age of 13. He was born in a small coastal village on the shoreline of Massachusetts. He got good grades in school but had no friends except his Grandfather. He would always go out into the woods or by the ocean and they would both explore. His Mother and father got divorced and moved out of the state. They left James with his grandfather in their house right next to the ocean. It was a great life. He got a job at a hospital. He mostly helped severed limbs or broken bones. The year was 2011. His grandfather lie in his deathbed speaking his will to James. "I want to be burned. And put with the fishes in the seas..." he spoke the words slowly as James cried next to him. James did what he was told. His grandmother watched from the dock James dumping a small tin bucket into the ocean. The next couple months he got over it. 3 years went by and James was on his way home. He was 37 now. He was listening to the radio until, the connection was lost. The sound of static came on. He looked up into the sky and a large portal opened. His jaw dropped as he saw strange synthetic creatures fly out. He drove speeding back to his house. Him and his grandmother went into the basement and stayed there. Thankfully, they weren`t found until 2 days after earth surrendered. The Combine branded a barcode on both of them. His grandmother got relocated to City 45 and he got relocated to City 45 in Connecticut. In district 2, there were rebels everywhere. He lived in a small wooden house and everyday he would look outside and see one thing and one thing only. War. He knew who should win. The Combine... James walked along the shoreline of City 45 feeling the gritty sand stick to his feet. James looked up at the sky. There it was, the Citadel.”Just imagine..” James thought “Being with them. Being a Metro police…” The next morning James knew exactly what to write. He pulled in his metal chair closer to the desk. He looked around. “I can’t believe I`m actually in City 45`s Nexus!” He whispered. He began to move his pencil across the paper writing out his application.
Please write a 10 - 15 line roleplay as a CCA Unit (the more you write, the better)
** NEW NOTES ** You must Roleplay as a 05 Unit, Nothing Higher!:
<<IC>>
Name: James Steiner
CID: 4561
Hair Color: Gray
Eye Color: Green
Facial Hair: True
Race: White
Height: 5’1
Weight: 98 lb.
Distinguishing Marks: One freckle on right arm.
Do you have any affiliation with the CCA? None
List previous fields you are experienced in: None.
Explain the reason you want to enlist in the CCA: I wish to join the Civil Protection because I feel like I am showing pride and respect to the Universal Union. I also want to show the Citizens that they, the Combine, are here to help. I think as a Civil Protection, we can guide the Citizens to the light.. They need to understand what`s right and what`s wrong.
Have you received any infractions from an officer? If yes, explain.(Blank for the moment) No
Do you understand the consequences if you are to betray the CCA? (Public Amputation) Yes I do.
  • Lochness
  • Fresh Boarder
The topic has been locked.

Re: Loch`s CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210953

This seems to be a very well written application, but there are a few flaws. Firstly according to our lore the combine invaded in the year 2000. Earth surrendered after seven hours, during the seven hour war after Wallace Breen makes a deal with the combine. Besides that I would include more about the seven hour war and then the aftermath of it , what you saw or experienced. Also add some rp, as an 05 you are a recruit. Goodluck!
  • *Rogue*
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by *Rogue*.

Re: Loch`s CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210956

Hello there Loch. You have a great app here right now, but I'd recommend you take Rogue's advice and change your backstory a bit. Also, see about adding your RP situation. If you understand what the divisions are, try choosing a core division we have. (HELIX, GRID, UNION,or JURY). If you don't understand these divisions, or what an 05 is. I'd recommend you look at this guide that the staff supply for the server.

Here are all the core divisions!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Just to remind you, the RP as an 05 means you basically are a new CP. Think of it as if you are a citizen with a suit. (Or a mall cop with a pistol.)You do show sympathy to citizens, but you are aware of your potential with "power". You are reluctant to hit them, but if you must, you will.
I hope you can get the whitelist, and good luck.

Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by Gangster_Story.

Re: Loch`s CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210959

I'm not sure If I'm just blind but I can't see the 10-15 line role play situation in this app. If its actually there could someone direct me towards it? If its not there you may wan't to add that in ASAP OP its a pretty important part of the app system.
  • Sam-Fisher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Silence is golden. Too bad nobody is buying.

Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by Sam-Fisher.

Re: Loch`s CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210973

Height: 5’1
Weight: 98 lb.

• KreeG
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slappy

Re: Loch`s CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #211005

Hello Loch,
I will be reviewing your application for CCA.

Before we go anywhere with this, I want to stress how important formatting is to an application. Simply entering line breaks between your sections would be very helpful, as it is very difficult to review a wall of text.

Second of all, the timeline in your story does not fit our server canon, nor the actual game canon. For a more detailed timeline, see our manual here.

Beyond that, I cannot find your example RP, and I will remind you that under no circumstances will an incomplete application be accepted.

Best of luck,
GrimThunder62
HL2:RP Super Admin
  • GrimThunder62
  • Gold Boarder
  • In many cases, your mind is your only limitation
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds