Blast4499's CCA Application
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blast4499's CCA Application

Blast4499's CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210557

Steam Name:Officer Pepperidge
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:47608767
Why do you want to become a CCA Unit?
What are your characters special abilities and disabilities? He can run faster than most people but he does get tired very quickly.
What kind of personality does your character give?
A strict but not to mean if you follow the rules.
What are you expected to do in the CCA?
Protect civilized society
How do you think the CCA will be like for you?
Tough but i think once i know exactly how to deal with people ill be fine.
Please write a back story of how your character became the CCA Unit you are(A Few good lines)
Before the Combine invaded i was a Police officer. I had a family of my wife and 2 great children but when the Combine came my family was killed in the mass hysteria and i was alone. With nothing going for me and nothing left to do i decided to join the CCA because rebel activity in my area was increasing and i knew if i didn't do something the Combine might Group me in with them so i joined the CCA.
Please write a 10 - 15 line roleplay as a CCA Unit (the more you write, the better)
I was walking down the street looking for Anti-Citizens and violators or the law when I saw someone sprint across the street. I asked them to stop but they didn't they just kept sprinting towards a gate. Some of my fellow CCA saw what was going on and chased after him to! But it was no use he ran through the gate and we chased him but we kept looking for him and when we found him my commander told us to Amputate. We did think twice before killing him. Immediately after his wife ran at me and punched me it didn't take long for us to get her under control. I swiftly hit her with my stun-stick knocking her out. I brought her to jail and kept her there for a while.
** NEW NOTES ** You must Roleplay as a 05 Unit, Nothing Higher!:
<<IC>>
Name:Chris Mccmillan
CID: CCA-C5-ALPHA-03.765
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Facial Hair:None
Race: Caucasian
Height:6,2
Weight: 157 Pounds
Distinguishing Marks:A scar on the right cheek
Do you have any affiliation with the CCA? No
List previous fields you are experienced in: None
Explain the reason you want to enlist in the CCA: I want to enlist in the CCA because i want to insure civilized life stays protected from people that want to live a corrupted and horrible life. i want to stop the people that live like that
Have you received any infractions from an officer? If yes, explain.(Blank for the moment)
No
Do you understand the consequences if you are to betray the CCA? (Public Amputation)
Yes
  • blast4499
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DestroyerSword9

Re: Blast4499's CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210559

Firstly, you need to finish your application. You need to include you RP scenario.
Secondly, you just joined the server, I personally think you should play a bit more so you can get a feel of our roleplay.
  • Reventius
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici.
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

Re: Blast4499's CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210561

There is a RP scenario. also i have played a lot on other severs and the RP on this server is not much different
  • blast4499
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Blast4499's CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210563

blast4499 wrote:
There is a RP scenario. also i have played a lot on other severs and the RP on this server is not much different

My apologies. I see it now. You should add more to your RP scenario. Simply, there isn't much to it. You wouldn't amputate a citizen just for running on our server. It's a minor level violation. Also, quick question. If you just joined the server today when no one was on, then how do you know the roleplay is different?
  • Reventius
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici.
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

Re: Blast4499's CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210570

Some people came on while I was on and I can change the story a little bit but not only did he run he resisted and caused a lot or problems for the CCA
  • blast4499
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Blast4499's CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210575

Generally An RP situation within a CCA Application consists of rolls like in this example application from gangster story.

The UNION walks towards what is seen to be a man going through trash.
<::"Citizen."::>
"Err- Hello sir!", the man said.
/me puts his hands on his baton, thinking about the worst that could happen.
<::"W-what are you doing here?":>>
"Same thing as you, just walking around doing nuthin'!"
/me walks towards the citizen shooing him off
-an crack of a bullet is heard from the outside
/me unholsters his 9mm pistol very scarily, shivering as he pulls the slide back
-The citizen runs off covering his head in fear of what would happen.
-The radio starts to sound
Radio: <::UNION, make no attempt to approach the shots, keep an eye on the plaza for any rebellious activity!::>
<::"Yes sir!"::>
-The UNION walks off to his guard point, near the apartments. (applying City 19 map locations here.)
-Men in black run off from the south end of the plaza, and the UNION steps in front of them cowardly.
-One of the men stop running and face the UNION with a baton in his hand
(Man)Attempts to hit the UNION with a swing towards him.
(M)/roll 56
/roll 73
-The swing fails the man is open for a counter attack.
/me attempts to hit the man in the back
/roll 14
(M)/roll 28
-The man falls and jumps up avoiding the UNION's pathetic attempt at an attack
(M) attempts to jab the officer
(M)/roll 46
/roll 92
-The union dodges the jab.
/me attempts to fire a shot at the man and closes his eyes
/roll 87
(M)/roll 89
-The man looks at the Officer, and a shot is heard.
/me opens his eyes to see the gore
-It wasn't his shot that killed the man, it was a GHOST that took the shot.
Radio: <:: UNION, I took care of your problem. Head to the HQ and get to your DvL, we are mobilizing!
/me runs over to the main building, as he watches others getting to the streets in squads
-puffs of smoke go over the mainland, and the siren is heard.

While that is a rather large example of role play its a very good example. It has rolls, good back story to it and the CCA it is representing shows fear rp. 05's and recruit units generally show a large amount of fear in the beginning as they are still getting used beating and or killing the people they used to know and relate with. This fear reduces as you go up in rank. RP examples can only be an 05 however as seen in the template.

Also there be a few grammar and spelling mistakes such as to as opposed with too

www.wikihow.com/Use-%22Too%22-and-%22To%22-Correctly

Anyway fix those up and you should get accepted.

One last thing, separate up the sections of this application so it is easier to read, at the moment its a bit of a text wall which is probably why at first Rev couldn't see it.

If you need anymore help making a good CCA app go digging in the hl2rp section for accepted CCA apps I'll leave gangster stories here
  • Sam-Fisher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Silence is golden. Too bad nobody is buying.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by Sam-Fisher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slappy, Gangster_Story

Re: Blast4499's CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210578

This is a RE-DO or my RP situation

I'm walking down the street when i see a Rebel with a gun. (him) /me Raises gun and flicks safety off.
(me) /me Pulls out a 9 mm pistol flicks off safety and prepares to shoot. (him) /roll 48 (me) /roll 67
his shots miss. I start shooting (me) /roll 56 (him) /roll 78 My shots miss. (him) I give up i have no more ammo! (me) Anti-Citizen on the wall now! I pickup the empty pistol and put it in one of my pouches. (me) /me Puts away pistol and pulls out stun stick flipping the power switch on. (me) Anti-Citizen you will be in jail for a long time. I knock him out with my stun stick and bring him to jail.
I return to the gate i was guarding. When i get to the gate almost immediately i see a citizen. He's running i walk up to him. (me) Citizen (him) He stops and turns around obviously scared. He says yes sir? (me) I say you were breaking a movement violation. (me) Apply! (him) /apply Joe O'Neil 148385
(me) You can go do not do this again or there will be consequences!
  • blast4499
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Blast4499's CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210594

He seems legit

Re: Blast4499's CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210597

You seem to really want to try to get the CCA whitelist, and I can appreciate that.
For now, I'll stay neutral, BUT what Sam-Fisher said is definitely good advice. (I'm glad he put it up.) Follow what he put up there and try to write it similar, with /me's, /it's, and /roll's.
Try to look at the other accepted applications to, thats what helped me get accepted first.
Again, I can definitely see you want to try! Just keep going at it and see how it goes, and remember: Just because someone makes a comment for a change, doesn't mean it will lessen your chances of getting the whitelist. Just keep trying, and good luck.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sam-Fisher

Re: Blast4499's CCA Application 9 years, 11 months ago #210610

Your very welcome Gangster. As for the RE DO of the RP situation I will give my criticisms and comments below it.

blast4499 wrote:
This is a RE-DO or my RP situation

I'm walking down the street when i see a Rebel with a gun. (him) /me Raises gun and flicks safety off.
(me) /me Pulls out a 9 mm pistol flicks off safety and prepares to shoot. (him) /roll 48 (me) /roll 67
his shots miss. I start shooting (me) /roll 56 (him) /roll 78 My shots miss. (him) I give up i have no more ammo! (me) Anti-Citizen on the wall now! I pickup the empty pistol and put it in one of my pouches. (me) /me Puts away pistol and pulls out stun stick flipping the power switch on. (me) Anti-Citizen you will be in jail for a long time. I knock him out with my stun stick and bring him to jail.
I return to the gate i was guarding. When i get to the gate almost immediately i see a citizen. He's running i walk up to him. (me) Citizen (him) He stops and turns around obviously scared. He says yes sir? (me) I say you were breaking a movement violation. (me) Apply! (him) /apply Joe O'Neil 148385
(me) You can go do not do this again or there will be consequences!

While this is better then the earlier situation it still needs work. For starts the RP situation should look like it was pulled from the server logs. The RP above looks more like a short story with some rolls in between. If you need any help developing this look back in the hl2rp forum section to look for accepted CCA apps. The RP that this story seems to be portraying if it was on the server might look something like this.

CCA 05/me Notices a anticitzen armed with a pistol.
CCA 05/me Unholsters his weapon and turns the safety off
CCA 05/me Calls for backup
CCA 05 Says /radio All units anticitizen spotted in the backstreets
Union DVL /Radio Copy 05, maintain position and do not hesistate to kill the rebel should he make an attempt on your life.
CCA 01 /Radio Copy 05 on my way
Tall | Rebel Uniform|... /me Notices the CCA
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../Yell hey asshole robot up against the wall now!
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../me Points his pistol at the 05
CCA 05/me Gun is shaking he is showing signs of distress
CCA 05 Says th-this is your f-first and last warning up against the wall now!
Tall | Rebel Uniform|...says Fat chance robot
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../me Takes aim
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../roll 46
CCA 05/roll 62
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../me Weapon Jams
CCA 05/me Dodges to the side and lets loose one shot it hits the rebel in the waist
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../me Recoils in pain but quickly recovers from the minor wound
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../me Curses under his breath
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../whisper Fucking piece of crap gun
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../me Throws his weapon to the side and cracks his knuckles
CCA 05/me Speaks with a more confident but still shaky tone.
CCA 05 Says Yo-You have lost the advantage rebel surrender.
Tall | Rebel Uniform|... /me Laughs and tenses up
Tall | Rebel Uniform|... Says Surrender so you can tie me up and kill me without a fight? Hah get fucked robot I can take you with my bare hands.
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../me Spits in the direction of the CCA
CCA 05/me Sighs and then replies
CCA 05 I don't want to have to do this but it was your choice rebel
CCA 05/me Aims his weapon
CCA 05/roll 40
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../roll 50
CCA 05/me Flinches at the last second and his shots go astray
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../me Rushes up and Knocks the weapon away from the CCA and punches him in the stomach
CCA 05/me Is momentarily winded but recovers from the punch and steps back.
CCA 05/me Raises his pistol
CCA 05/roll 76
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../roll 13
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../me attempts to throw a punch at the CCA
CCA 05/me Remembering his MMA training and grabs the rebels fist and pushes it away
CCA 05/me He then coils his fist up and uppercuts the rebel square in the chin.
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../me Cries out in pain and staggers back away from the CCA.
CCA 05/me Moves over to grab his pistol from the ground while th rebel is dazed.
CCA 05/me Picks up his pistol and reloads it.
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../me Recovers and quickly jumps to his feet while the CCA is occupied with his weapon.
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../me Attempts to throw a punch.
CCA 05/me Notices the rebel attempting to take him by suprise
Tall | Rebel Uniform|.../roll 5
CCA 05/roll 100
CCA 05/me Whips around and quickly puts the barrel up to the rebels face.
CCA 05/me Pulls the trigger releasing a bullet directly into the rebels face, Killing him instantly.
/it Blood flies out of the hole in the rebels face, he slumps to the floor, His body twitches slightly before dieing
CCA 05/me Clearly distraught wipes the blood off his visor
CCA 05/whispers Fuck, Damm, God forgive me
/it A Mysterious almost robot like voice echoes from the corner.
Ghost.Dvl says Very good job 05, very good job indeed.
Ghost.Dvl/me Emerges from the dark corner his red mask lights glowing in the dark.
CCA 05/me Turns and notices the ghost, He responds curiously.
CCA 05 Says You've been there the whole time?
Ghost.Dvl Says Yes I didn't help you because I wanted to see if you could be a real man. I might just consider you for a position in ghost

(Union Dvl and Union 01 enter from a passage in the side of the street.)

Union.Dvl says wheres the reb-
Ghost.Dvl/me Cuts him off mid sentence and points to the dead body.
Ghost.Dvl Says Dead by the hands of this 05, I would watch him Dvl I might have to steal him away for my own unit.
Ghost.Dvl/me Slinks back into the shadows and promptly dissapears
Union.Dvl/me Looks back at the 05
Union.Dvl Says Good job 05 You can expect a promotion when we get back to nexus.
CCA 05/me Nods still distraught about killing the rebel
Union.Dvl/me Motions in the direction of the nexus.
Union.Dvl says Lets go 05.
CCA 05/me Acknowledges and walks off with the Dvl and 01

Now I won't disagree that this example is huge, but it is with good reason it contains Rolls,/mes,/its and fear rp for the CCA unit and the general rule that three successful rolls will result in a KO or kill when in a combat situation. I'm not saying that it needs to be this big but it needs to at least accompany most of the RP situation elements I mentioned in the previous sentence you may also need to make a bigger back story explaining how your citizen got to the city and where from but that is up to you. Edit your app to these standards and I am sure that you will get accepted. Good luck.

-Sam
  • Sam-Fisher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Silence is golden. Too bad nobody is buying.

Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by Sam-Fisher.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds