Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Problem I'm having right now.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Problem I'm having right now.

Re: Problem I'm having right now. 10 years ago #208008

zackz11 wrote:
Gangster_Story wrote:
Maybe for me its the principle. I'd appreciate that FP members don't KNOWINGLY prey on this server in particular. Is that too much to ask?

They aren't, first off they went on a random DarkRP server, prop killed till they got banned, then Overwatch, then another darkrp. Also your principle doesn't apply to everyone, same how everyone doesn't have the same religious beliefs.

Another note, what if random people just minged on the server, would you make a post on their forums(If they are in a community)?

In that case, I'd tell my own community. But as of now, I wanted to tell people not to tread on this server. Its hair pulling for the owners, and is just plain rude. I'm sorry I've brought so much of a fuss, but I saw no reason in coming to this server and acting like this.

The topic has been locked.

Re: Problem I'm having right now. 10 years ago #208009

Gangster_Story wrote:
zackz11 wrote:
Gangster_Story wrote:
Maybe for me its the principle. I'd appreciate that FP members don't KNOWINGLY prey on this server in particular. Is that too much to ask?

They aren't, first off they went on a random DarkRP server, prop killed till they got banned, then Overwatch, then another darkrp. Also your principle doesn't apply to everyone, same how everyone doesn't have the same religious beliefs.

Another note, what if random people just minged on the server, would you make a post on their forums(If they are in a community)?

In that case, I'd tell my own community. But as of now, I wanted to tell people not to tread on this server. Its hair pulling for the owners, and is just plain rude. I'm sorry I've brought so much of a fuss, but I saw no reason in coming to this server and acting like this.

I'm just saying, they just broke rules on a server, people do that all the time. People target certain servers all the time. All I can say is, what of it? What if right now 30 people went on the server and crashed it by spamming tokens? The behavior may be considered unacceptable, but it's not like they purposley wanted to annoy the server, cause at the only point they broke rules was when the CmD(BloodSkull), metagamed to help the grid-DvL was just shot to death. Which was totally the staffs fault on OG. Then they were banned for killing him, they didn't rage about that even though both parties were wrong and the blame is even worse on the staff for metagaming and then proceeding to ban instead of admitting he messed up and dealing with the mess he made..
  • PUNISHED-z11
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • This is good, isn't it?
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

The following user(s) said Thank You: Reventius

Re: Problem I'm having right now. 10 years ago #208010

@OP: I hope you wern't wanting a demotion request form this. Even though minging on other servers is bad, there is nothing to do about it(Ex: I cant ban somebody because they banned from another community).

@Reventius: No need to be so defensive. What happened happened, its time to move on. Even if you did do 'things', it doesn't matter as you can do what you wish.

@zackz11: I sort of agree with you. Yeah, certain players should be ashamed for what they did, but what they did(if they did something harmful) is wrong. Treat other servers how you want yours to be treated. I know I hate mic spam and RDM, so I won't do it on other servers. Players can do as they wish, but it show what kind of player they really are(and should they be running the server?).

This post should bring awareness and possibly set rules. Should anybody get demoted or banned for this? No, as even if there was proof, what happens on another server should stay on their server. Should this be forgotten? No, as 'mingy' players could bring trouble to FP, and being a douche is just a douchie thing to do. Remember, treat other servers how you want yours to be treated.

-GamerG
  • GoodGame
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Lovatic
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slyther, Blitzkrieg_HOSS, Gangster_Story

Re: Problem I'm having right now. 10 years ago #208012

I'm sure you would get defensive for being accused of something you didn't do.
  • Reventius
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici.

Re: Problem I'm having right now. 10 years ago #208013

zackz11 wrote:
Gangster_Story wrote:
zackz11 wrote:
Gangster_Story wrote:

I'm just saying, they just broke rules on a server, people do that all the time. People target certain servers all the time. All I can say is, what of it? What if right now 30 people went on the server and crashed it by spamming tokens? The behavior may be considered unacceptable, but it's not like they purposley wanted to annoy the server, cause at the only point they broke rules was when the CmD(BloodSkull), metagamed to help the grid-DvL was just shot to death. Which was totally the staffs fault on OG. Then they were banned for killing him, they didn't rage about that even though both parties were wrong and the blame is even worse on the staff for metagaming and then proceeding to ban instead of admitting he messed up and dealing with the mess he made..

Why. Didn't. Anyone. Tell. Me. That. This. Happened.

Of fucking course if I was informed this happened, the tables would've definitely of been turned.
I'll end this on a good note if I can.
I'm sorry for the fuss I brought up here. I just am hating the conflict here so far, and I understand your point zack.
I can see why its acceptable to some extent, but to me its still wrong. People get come on and troll and get banned, it happens. All I wanted to do was for people to see what I saw/heard.

As of now, I need to go, so no more replies out of me. I appreciate that you would reply and help clarify all of this for me, zack. I also am happy about your sum-up of the situation GoodGame.

Last Edit: 10 years ago by Gangster_Story.

Re: Problem I'm having right now. 10 years ago #208014

Gangster_Story wrote:
I appreciate that you would reply and help clarify all of this for me, zack.

No problem.
  • PUNISHED-z11
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Problem I'm having right now. 10 years ago #208021

Gamer pretty much said everything I wanted to. Even if it's not an "FP server", still a douche thing to do, and we all know you get annoyed when others do it on our servers, so why is nothing wrong when it's you going on someone elses?

Anyways, the one thing I do want to address specifically is what Reventius wrote:
And I don't appreciate it when other servers steal content/ideas from other communities

Just because you have something similar on your server, doesn't make the entire concept yours. It's a simple habit of humans, if you find something you like, you want to take it with you. Similarly, if you see a good someone's good idea, you're going to want to do it yourself, and if it doesn't effect anything except what you're working on for the better, then what's the problem? If you were to take a look back at the suggestions for the servers over time, you will find so many accounts of "When I was playing on this other server, they had such and such, and I thought it'd be cool if we could somehow implement it on our own". Either A - Go yell at them too for "stealing ideas" or B - look back up to what I said about Gamer's post, it's OK when we do it, but it's a MAJOR no-no when others do it to us.

Especially since I can nearly guarantee the majority of coding wasn't done completely from scratch for your server, it was gotten by some other means. Which is nothing wrong, it's using your resources to make the server better faster. However, it is out there for anyone to use. It's not like when you get the code, it instantly goes down and says "FP is using this code, please contact them if you want to use it as well."

If you can show me the copyright information on whatever you're talking about that's specifically tailored to FP and not public use, I'll gladly take my words back and apologize profusely, as all you were doing was pointing out illegal activity.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
Last Edit: 10 years ago by Slyther.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoodGame

Re: Problem I'm having right now. 10 years ago #208023

Erm. I was there so I came on went on my DvL patrolled and saw like 10 people in a gang. So I was starting to run away from them n shit and they pulled out weapons. So Ye he did come to it but I have no idea how you all got the shotguns and SmG. Then you started to do /me poops on the CmDs head. Obviously minging. You guys then shot the commander then shot me with no rolling. So you where banned and everything is fine. Soooo no reason really to post it. It was a douche move to minge on a friends server. But whatever life goes on.
  • Zach
  • Platinum Boarder
  • This has spread fast.

http://i.imgur.com/gxpS4Yt.jpg?1

Re: Problem I'm having right now. 10 years ago #208026

Zach wrote:
Erm. I was there so I came on went on my DvL patrolled and saw like 10 people in a gang. So I was starting to run away from them n shit and they pulled out weapons. So Ye he did come to it but I have no idea how you all got the shotguns and SmG. Then you started to do /me poops on the CmDs head. Obviously minging. You guys then shot the commander then shot me with no rolling. So you where banned and everything is fine. Soooo no reason really to post it. It was a douche move to minge on a friends server. But whatever life goes on.

He no clipped over, and then they /med to do it but the CmD never rolled and they just argued in looc
  • PUNISHED-z11
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Problem I'm having right now. 10 years ago #208027

Zach wrote:
I was the one that pooped on the Cmds head lol
  • Granny
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds