Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Suggestion for a future Civil Workers Union.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Suggestion for a future Civil Workers Union.

Suggestion for a future Civil Workers Union. 10 years, 3 months ago #198870

I felt that Civil Workers Union needed to be rethinked on our server, and make them have more of a central role in terms of RP. One of my main goals for the past few months is to try to get as much as passive RP as we can onto the server, and I think at this point CWU can contribute alot to that. The reason why I am making this thread is that I want to hear feedback from you that play the server about thoughts around this system. Is this something that we should add? Something that could be added onto this suggestion or changed?

Civil Worker’s Union Hierarchy

Board members

The Board members are responsible for the entire Civil Workers Union operations. They will have a say in everything that is going on, and oversee the current Civil Workers Union projects. They will act as a middleman between CWU, and the Universial Union, and Combine Civil Auhtority. They will also be particpating in meetings, and finding new ways to run CWU in a more effective way. They’re also to deal with the applications that are put on their table everyday. You’ll get all the same stuff as the Head General Worker, and you’ll be assigned a large ammount of tokens which you’ll be able to distribute to various projects that needs to be started up, and the “CWU Board Member” pin.

Head General Worker

The Head General Worker has a wide variety of tasks to take care of. These will keep a constant check of how many are on, and need to determine the course of action in how to benefit the city the most. The Head General Worker will go trough several Passive RP models on a large scale that can be set up. These large scale projects might vary depending on what have been planned. A general thing to do is to get a factory up, and running. However they’re not to take direct course with the citizens, but get the other General Workers to hire citizens to do these tasks such as operating the factory. Which will promote passive role play on a large scale. As a Head General Worker you’ll be assigned the sames tools as a General Worker, and a “CWU Head General Worker” pin.

General Worker

These are the faces of the Civil Workers Union that you see everyday, and that keep it smooth, and running. The General Workers are responsible for a wide variety of things tasks within the Civil Workers Union. Set themselves up in the main building, and sell to the citizens what they have in storage. It’s also important that they provide the citizens, and apprentices of City Seventeen with work which will encoruage passive RP. Once you become a General Worker you’ll be given a course in how to act, and what to do. You’ll also be given all the needed equipment that you need. A handheld radio, CWU Uniform, CWU Card, and a “CWU General Worker” pin.

Apprentice

If you’ve not met the requirement to the ammount of loyalty points you’ll be assigned to this job. You’ll be taking orders from anyone that has a higher authority, and you must assist them whenever you can. You do not get any perks, or tools for your jobs. You’re not assigned an uniform, CWU Card, or a radio. You have to show that you can promote passive RP, be active, and assist others. Apprentices can be promoted to a fully pledged workers whenever somebody with a higher rank finds it justified.

You’ll be assigned a “CWU Apprentice” pin.

-- Career paths within CWU --

You’ll also be given the chance to take your own most desired career path in Civil Workers Union. Be someone that is good at advertising, and making good public relations. Be a part of the hospital.

Note: Something that could be given more elaboration, and suggestions.

-- Civil Worker’s Union Jobs That Can Be Assigned To Citizens --

Low Paid Jobs:

Street Sweepers: You get 5 worker points. - Citizens will be employed to sweep the streets and keep them clean.

Trash Cleaner: You get 10 worker points. - Citizens will be employed to walk around in the plaza area, and pick up any garbage that might be on the pavement or the street. Then take it to the nearest bin to dispose it.

Window Washing: You get 15 worker points. - Citizens will be supplied with a cloth, and some water containing soap to wash the dirty surrounding windows.

Medium Paid Jobs:

Shoe Shining: You get 25 worker points. Citizens will be supplied with a shoe shining kit, and a box to provide their services to other citizens, and CCA unit.

High Paid Jobs:

N/A

Note: Looking for more jobs that would encourage to interact with other citizens.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If a General Worker feels that a job has been performed too many times, he or she may refuse to hand out these jobs to the citizens. It is also important to take note that people who do well at passive RP’ing, and do alot of /me can be rewarded extra worker points. This is completely up to the General Worker if he or she wants to. Max 15 extra points can be given out if a citizen performs the job perfectly.

Workers Point System

15 Worker Points:N/A

20 Worker Points: N/A

30 Worker Points: N/A

35 Worker Points: N/A

50 Worker Points: N/A
60 Worker Points:N/A

80 Worker Points:N/A

100 Worker Points: N/A

150 Worker Points: 1 or 2 loyalty points.

Note: Looking for ideas of what we can put as rewards from the CWU in this point system. Nothing over the top, just basic stuff from the store.

• Toasty
  • Banned
  • Diamond VIP
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
The topic has been locked.

Re: Suggestion for a future Civil Workers Union. 10 years, 3 months ago #198873

I agree with this post. This is what a real CWU should be like and its a great idea but do we still have to apply in-game for the CWU or can it be applied on by the forums?
  • ggboyswag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
|FP| Zail: im not done
|FP| Zail: minging you

I did the same attack twice and I both rolled 1's for both of them but the second time around I actually won the roll when Steven rolled 0. #GetRekted!

Re: Suggestion for a future Civil Workers Union. 10 years, 3 months ago #198874

I forgot to mention that. I want to move applications onto the forums instead. This way it would be easier for me to review applications, and keep track of them.
  • Toasty
  • Banned
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Suggestion for a future Civil Workers Union. 10 years, 3 months ago #198878

Medium Paid Jobs:

Paperboy: (20) hands out the Combine Times at busy locations: such as the plaza or terminus hotel.

Secretary: (30) handles people who walk into the store, and assists the designated shopkeeper/medical doctor with filing out orders delivering goods, and keeping track of patients/customers

Heavy Lifting crew: (25) simply put, lifts and carries heavy things from one location to another, anything from large shipments, to "I" beams (with a lot of help, of course.)

High Paid Jobs:

Combine Art worker. (40) makes propaganda for the combine, such as art covers for the newspapers, art covers for the movies, posters ect.

Basic Mechanic: (45) handles basic things, such as replacing broken lights, and windows. does not get access to any sharp objects. (like a knife) but would get blunt objects (such as a wrench)

Medical Assistant: (45) assists the medical team with more complex surgeries, as well as HELIX units where allowed/applicable, if no surgeries are ongoing, is to act as a secretary in the medical room.

Combine Times Editor: (50) you make stories for the Combine Times weekly! (or... daily, if you have the time)

Workers Point System

15 Worker Points: One token

20 Worker Points: Five Tokens

30 Worker Points: A fruit (apple, banana, orange ect.)

35 Worker Points: Ten Tokens

50 Worker Points: Non-Alcoholic Beverage

60 Worker Points: Flashlight

80 Worker Points: Pack of Smokes

100 Worker Points: 30 tokens

150 Worker Points: Fruit basket (lots of fruits, three of each fruit.)

170 Worker Points: Three packs of smokes

250 Worker Points: Carton of water cans (12 cans, its own inventory item for the sake of saving space and not spamming cans)

300 Worker Points: Candy bar

340 Worker Points: Photo with the City Admin.

375 Worker Points: Suggest a policy to the C.W.U. Board

(still filing this out got more ideas tomorrow)

1000 Worker Points: Meeting the the board of directors to help with publicity, short article about your work in the front page of the Combine Times, Meeting with the City Admin to discuss your hard work and how much the city loves you. Interview with the City Admin. Assistant on ways to improve life for the Loyalists, goodies and fun Private, combine supervised party with any other seven (7) C.W.U. members or loyalists.

Other ideas:

Private Viewing with either: any level three loyalist OR C.W.U. worker above apprentice rank at the Theater (up to four people, with Combine supervision.)

Private meal with one (1) other CWU worker, provided they have not broken any Combine laws within the last (insert timeframe here) with Combine supervision.

Featured in an article in the Combine Times as propaganda. (what a GREAT loyalist you are! heres two loyalty points.)

Photo with the City Admin. to be featured in the Combine times in the front page. (MOAR LOYALTY YOU ARE!)
Last Edit: 10 years, 3 months ago by James Kirklan.

Re: Suggestion for a future Civil Workers Union. 10 years, 3 months ago #198881

Another thing you can add to that is in the factory to enhance RP people can move carts around on ropes and transport different items across the city or maybe even collects supplies for the UU like mechanical supplies for the Grid and etc. People who work in the factories can help construct things for the UU that they need.
  • ggboyswag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
|FP| Zail: im not done
|FP| Zail: minging you

I did the same attack twice and I both rolled 1's for both of them but the second time around I actually won the roll when Steven rolled 0. #GetRekted!
Last Edit: 10 years, 3 months ago by ggboyswag.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds