Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bug source + solution.

Bug source + solution. 10 years, 3 months ago #198638

hello, my name is James Kirklan in game (how creative, i know.) and i'm here to report a bug.

because i can find no bug template, i will just use my own, if there is one, then i aplogise ahead of time.

IGN: James Kirklan

Bug desc.: multiple. starting from order of cause, and effect:

Cause:

"ziptie and unconscious bug" if you ziptie someone, then render them unconcious, then they ragdoll, because (this is assumptions on my part) the body ragdolls and becomes uninteractable the lua must fetch the characters information that is stored in the ram, which says "they have no access to invintories, or their hands"

Effect/Cause:

if ziptie is removed, lua then persists with "character has no access to her invintories or their hands."

Fix:

Disconnect/Reconnect

attached lua error code: N/A

Effect/Cause:

if this action is repeaded without being fixed, OR if a physcun is used during the first event, (possibly; have not replicated that particular bug, possible further investigation should be done) then it further degrades the character, making "disconnect/reconnect" fix no longer applicable when you join, there will be persistent, different bugs that may appear, ranging from loyalty point system being bugged for that char, to items no longer able to be dropped, to description of the characters on longer being editable.

Fix: create a new character (or log into an unaffected one), log into that one, then disconnect, and reconnect, then log into the affected character.

attached lua error code: N/A

Cure:

when the combine (or other characters) will render someone unconscious, they should simply remove the ziptoe, the drag their body over to whatever location they will drag them too, then ziptie them again. it will avoid the entire problem, until the error in the code can be fixed

code fix:

as i dont have access to the code, i can only hazard a guess. Heres mine: the player ragdolls, when the player tries to resume control the data is called from the ram, which does not se the ziptie as a additional state just a constant. so when the player is recalled, the lua says "this character does not have access to X, Y, & Z" even when the condition that makes those statements true is removed.

areas to investigate: i would begin by looking at the ziptie addon, and look to see if there is a line that is akin to the following:

local ent = Entity

and sugguest replacing it with:

local ent = Player

(it goes without saying that you should probably do this on a test server, lest the whole machine comes crashing down.)

I hope this helps. without direct access to the code i can't help much further. i will update this thread if any new developments are made.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Bug source + solution. 10 years, 2 months ago #200654

Thanks Kirklan!
HL2RP Staff Member since 1836
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds