Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

GrimThunder62's CCA Application
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: GrimThunder62's CCA Application

GrimThunder62's CCA Application 10 years, 9 months ago #162708

**NOTE** IC Applications Will be availbile if presented with the opportunity In Game!**
Steam Name:GrimThunder62
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:54313142
Why do you want to become a CCA Unit?I used to play on the Original Pulsar Effect RolePlay server, (it is still up, just dead) and spent the majority of my time playing serious RP as a police officer. I have played a decent amount of hours on other HL2:RP servers, and I was interested when I found this one. After having played Half-Life and its episodes, I found myself enjoying the Orwellian atmosphere of the game, and wanted to RP it. I personally would love to be a part of the force in the city that maintains "justice", and feel I am prepared for it.
What are your characters special abilities and disabilities? Semi-Athletic; Completely afraid of headcrabs
What kind of personality does your character give?Extremely loyal, and somewhat stubborn
What are you expected to do in the CCA?Maintain order and administer justice where needed. Respect superiors and properly RP.
How do you think the CCA will be like for you?With experience that I can probably apply to this from many other SERIOUS (I can't stand DarkRP...) Ropleplaying servers, I believe this position will be rather easy to adapt to. I can deal with the periods of very passive RP, where nothing is really going on, and I am very willing to participate.
Please write a back story of how your character became the CCA Unit you are:Before the invasion, David Anderson was an average farmer. Day in and day out, he worked on his farm. There was nothing special David. He seemed to be an average man, with an average house, working a modest job. Living an average life was the most comfortable thing for David, and he preferred it no other way.

Then, the Combine invaded.

It was late morning when David first heard the news. A mysterious force invading earth? The thought sent a chill down David's spine.

I should take a second to explain why.

When David was a wee-lad, both his parents had died in a horrible car accident in the middle of an old forest. The police could not figure out the cause of the accident, but they suspected alcohol was involved.

So, David's Uncle, "Rusty" took David in to care for him.

Rusty was certainly a character. He was a wrinkly old potato farmer from Idaho. He worked countless hours every day to take care of those potatoes, and made modest profit from all of it. Through rain, heat, and wind, Rusty was always out in his field taking care of those potatoes.

Frequently, David would help Uncle Rusty with the work on the farm. Planting, watering, and harvesting, David helped Rusty do it all.

They developed a special bond, not necessarily like father-son, but more of a relationship between best friends.

However, Rusty began to get old, and eventually very weak and developed a disease that the doctors had diagnosed as untreatable.

This had a horrible effect on David.

Then, one night, while David (23) was in bed, he heard Rusty screaming in agony in the fields. He immediately got out of bed and ran outside to assist, but when he got there. He found Rusty dead, after the illness overtook him.

After many long nights filled with sorrow, David stumbled across Rusty's journal. Within it, he could see Rusty's gradual decent into a silent insanity, writing about how there was nothing on Earth that could save him from his illness, and that he hoped to find some sort of alien technology to aid help him."

But NO! Rusty could not believe that this man was insane! Rusty had taken care of him after his parents had died, and they shared many fond memories on the farm.

So,David decided that his Uncle was not insane, and set out to continue his Uncle's search for aliens in hopes that they would have better technology. Something that might cure Earth's worst diseases!

However, this was not very easy for a potato farmer to do. He could not get a job as an astronomer without a degree, and he could not pay for college to get one. So, he eventually gathered a decent portion of his savings and bought a telescope.

Every day, after endless hours of farming, he would eat a small dinner, and then settle down onto his roof with that telescope and scan the skies. Trying to find SOME sign of life.

And that brings us back to the day of the combine invasion. When the news reported mentioned outerworld forces had come to earth, it caught David's attention and a rush of jumbled up emotions came to the front. On one hand, here was the proof he was searching for, but on the other, and the normal reaction of humans, he was completely freaked out by this invasion!

He watched the television all day, monitoring the progress of the war, from the initial landings to the pleas of Breen requesting the Combine spare the humans, and in return give the Combine their eternal servitude.

It was just the next day when there was a knock at his door. It was the local CCA. He was scheduled to move to City 18.

Once he boarded the train, he fell asleep.

He soon awoke to the noise of the train stopping and of a large amount of people talking. But above all that, the calming voice of the city administrator. He promised unity and justice, and offered the citizens a safe place to live.

This was magnificent. He made the decision then and there to join the local CCA and serve mankind for this cause. He only wished such establishments had been around when Rusty was alive, because they surely would have been able to help him! He believed that the Combine offered a greater, brighter tomorrow, and thus, he joined the CCA.

Please write a 10 - 15 line roleplay as a CCA Unit (the more you write, the better):
Me: /me walks along his designated patrol area at a decent pace, while monitoring nearby activity.
*Two citizens are in the shadows in a corner
Citizen1: /w Hey pal, I managed to get my hands on the stuff that we needed.
Citizen2: /w Really? Man, how did you get that?
Citizen1: /w It was simple really, we ambushed a lone CP a few days ago.
*A third citizen walks by and overhears this conversation and heads directly towards me
Me: Do you need something?
Citizen3: Officer, those two citizens over there are engaged in illegal activity.
Citizen3: /me points to the location of Citizen1 & Citizen2
Me:/me looks over to where the citizen has mentioned, and begins to move in on them.
Citizen1: /me quickly hides illegal equipment behind back.
Me:<:: Citizens, face the wall and apply.
Citizen2: Arnold Cook #36587
Citizen1: /me faces the wall, quickly dropping the equipment into his front shirt, but refuses to apply
Me:<::Citizen, Apply.
Citizen1: /me Finally caves, and applies
Citizen1: John Alex #47698
Me:/me attempts to tie Citizen2. {Resist?}
Citizen2: .// No
Me:/me ties Citizen2.
Me:/me attempts to tie Citizen1. {Resist?}
Citizen1: .// Yes
Me:/roll rolls a 20 out of 100
Citizen1: /roll rolls a 45 out of 100
Citizen1: /me quickly grabs the CP and slams him into the wall
Citizen1: /me attempts to escape on foot
Citizen1: /roll rolls 2 out of 100
Me: /roll rolls 75 out of 100
Me: /me Slightly dizzy, recovers his balance after being shoved into the wall and dashes in front of Citizen1 to block his escape.
Me: /me attempts to grab Citizen1.
Me: /roll rolls a 40 out of 100.
Citizen1: /roll rolls a 41 out of 100.
Citizen1: /me dodges the combines grasp, once again shoving him to the ground. He then attempts to pull out the illegal equipment (really a stolen pistol) and fire it at the officer.
Citizen1: /roll rolls a 2 out of 100.
Me: /roll rolls a 1 out of 100.
Citizen1: /me pulls pistol from his shirt, poitning it at the CP, and pulls the trigger, hitting the officer in the stomach.
Citizen1: /me runs away, abandoning his friend and the officer to escape being caught and punished.
Me: /me lies on the ground bleeding profusely, holding his hand over his wound.
Me: /me radios in for backup.
Me: /radio We have an 11-6, I'm hit. Need 10-43. This is Code 3!
Me: /me
<<IC>>
Name:David Andreson
CID:75159
Hair Color:Brown
Eye Color:Brown
Facial Hair:Light Beard
Race:Caucasian
Height:6'
Weight:178 lbs
Distinguishing Marks:None
Do you have any affiliation with the CCA?Yes/No. I recently applied to the CWU, and am waiting a response. (Obviously prefering working with the CCA over the CWU)
List previous fields you are experienced in:None applicable to occupation
Explain the reason you want to enlist in the CCA:I want to provide justice to the city and maintain peace. As well as promote the goal of our society.
[b] Have you received any infractions from an officer? If yes, explain.[b]No
Do you understand the consequences if you are to betray the CCA? (Public Amputation) Yes
  • GrimThunder62
  • Gold Boarder
  • In many cases, your mind is your only limitation
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Last Edit: 10 years, 9 months ago by GrimThunder62. Reason: Icon change, grammar, added CID, edit to previous affiliation
The topic has been locked.

Re: GrimThunder62's CCA Application 10 years, 9 months ago #163060

I see you have put a lot of effort into your application and it looks thought out.
+support
  • boxofrain1
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Dollar might just fuck your main bitch

[IMG][/IMG]
Lily ❤: go to bed box of tedcaine
The following user(s) said Thank You: GrimThunder62

Re: GrimThunder62's CCA Application 10 years, 9 months ago #163064

Thanks! I actually spent a few hours on it(I went through a ton of rewriting in the background portion, as I kept jumping from idea to idea )

I'm glad you like it.
  • GrimThunder62
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: 10 years, 9 months ago by GrimThunder62.

Re: GrimThunder62's CCA Application 10 years, 9 months ago #163071

GrimThunder62 wrote:
as I kept jumping from idea to idea )

I'm glad you like it.

I consistently have to check my walls of text for this reason exactly, was always my issue in AP literature.
  • boxofrain1
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Dollar might just fuck your main bitch

[IMG][/IMG]
Lily ❤: go to bed box of tedcaine

Re: GrimThunder62's CCA Application 10 years, 9 months ago #163204

I know what you mean. AP Language and Composition was the same way, and I expect AP Literature and Composition to be no different when I take it this year, lol.

On an unrelated note, does your signature come from Tim and Eric? It looks so familiar.
  • GrimThunder62
  • Gold Boarder

Re: GrimThunder62's CCA Application 10 years, 9 months ago #163205

This applications shows you put a lot of work into it. You seem you could be good for this.
  • Jose
  • Former Owner
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your CSGO Master

The following user(s) said Thank You: GrimThunder62

Re: GrimThunder62's CCA Application 10 years, 9 months ago #163380

Thank you, as well. I'm glad you guys like it.
  • GrimThunder62
  • Gold Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds