Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

General Vortigaunt Back Story
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: General Vortigaunt Back Story

General Vortigaunt Back Story 10 years, 10 months ago #159533

Wanted to post some compiled information I have scoured a few hours finding. Think it will help some of the Vortigaunts and other players understand the role and play style a little more.

Back Story:

The Combine Empire invades and takes control of the Vortigaunts' homeworld (which we have never seen), and attempt to enslave them, including their leader, Nihilianth (who is not necessarily a Vortigaunt). A long and bitter struggle ensues, as the Vortigaunts flee from planet to planet, battling and evading the Combine forces. With their backs against the wall, they flee to the border world Xen, where they wait their demise.

About Xen:

"nothing is native to Xen"

Consists of a mish-mash of the universe. Basically whatever comes through the "subway" of the universe be it willingly, or not.

Later the Combine attempt to hybridize the dominant species of the planet (In Xen's case, the Vortigaunts) with their own technology to create a "Super soldier" that is adapted to Xen's environment and uses powerful Combine technology. Nihilanth and his people fight bitterly against the Combine. When Dr. Freeman opens the portal between Xen and Earth, the Nihilanth and the Vortigaunts take the opportunity to escape yet again. After the Nihilanth is defeated by Dr. Freeman, the world becomes a different place.

"Portal Storms", a seeming side-effect from the resonance cascade, form a dimensional rift between Xen and Earth. These Portal Storms spread outside the confines of what is left of Black Mesa and throughout all of Earth, providing temporary, chaotic, and destructive links between Xen and Earth. Aliens (from Xen) of all types are teleported into suburbs.The freed Vortigaunts use these storms as a ticket out of Xen and onto Earth, fleeing from the Combine.

The Combine, who have been keeping an eye on Earth since the resonance cascade, finally decide to take action. They plan on taking the Portal Storms to their advantage and use them as a method to mount an invasion on Earth. Now that Nihilanth's race have fled from the border-world to Earth, the Combine can forget about Xen and enslave both Mankind and Nihilanth's race in one fell swoop, on Earth. They pretty much do so, and such brings us to the HL2RP world.

That's all of the HL story that really pertains to the Vortigaunts, but it's got some good Combine info in there too. Plus, all the early information is not on the wiki and might be hard to find.
  • boxofrain1
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Dollar might just fuck your main bitch
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

[IMG][/IMG]
Lily ❤: go to bed box of tedcaine
Last Edit: 10 years, 10 months ago by boxofrain1.
The topic has been locked.

Re: General Vortigaunt Back Story 10 years, 10 months ago #159534

Wow just simply wow I really love this awesome man

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. It's that we are more powerful beyond measure. ~ Bruce Lee

Pain is temporary, It may last a minute, a hour, a month, or even a year! But it will subside. ~ Eric Thomas

We got to win. Win no matter what. Trip, kick somebody, fight, bite. Whatever. Win. ~ Derrick Rose

Rory The Dinosaur: I believe I am perfect for the staff team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boxofrain1

Re: General Vortigaunt Back Story 10 years, 10 months ago #159544

Thank you for this
  • Eric Tomson
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: General Vortigaunt Back Story 10 years, 10 months ago #159583

Thanks, this will help.
  • Rake
  • Legendary Member