Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [HL2RP] Suggestions!

Re: Suggestions! 10 years, 3 months ago #199078

I think we should have a enhanced damage mod. I think this can really benefit a lot of peoples role playing experience. Here is the link.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...archtext=Fall+Damage
The topic has been locked.

Re: Suggestions! 10 years, 2 months ago #200386

There are a few playermodels in this pack that I believe could be pretty cool to have in the server. Most are just modern army, but a few are rebel and combine.
yeah
HL2RP Staff Member since 1836

Re: [HL2RP] Suggestions! 10 years, 2 months ago #203120

Yes, I think we need the Rebel CP armor skin. If a rebel was alone with a officer he could steal his armor, remove the tracker and use it as better armor. Or mabye a low ranking officer decides to join the rebels, (05 or RcT.) They have it the in Metropolice Pack addon, so why not use it? I think it would be a great addition.

Also, I think we should go a bit farther with the Necrotics. A better system for them, animation, claw weapon, etc.

For the one of the pill pack addons I have seen, you can be a headcrab, use its jump attack and attach yourself to any NPC. It is pretty neat. If this goes deeper into the Necrotics, I would also like to submit this idea: half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Gonarch
The Gonarch, (in the link above) is a creature and or headcrab that has not taken a host and has evolved into a queen like creature that creates more headcrabs.
Pill Addon: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...mp;requirelogin=true

If a headcrab finds its host you could use this for its weapon, a zombie vision could mabye be added in the future? To see in dark places.
Addon:steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...mp;requirelogin=true

Last but not least, we could add Resistance Turrets, Mines, and Rollar Mines. If reprogrammed properly by a Resistance Engineer, (a high roll, mabye over 50 or something.)

Anyway, I think these would add alot of gameplay and extra fun if added!
If any of these are added. dibs to being the first to have at it!
Last Edit: 10 years, 2 months ago by The1BloodSkull.

Re: [HL2RP] Suggestions! 10 years, 2 months ago #203401

The Gonarch, (in the link above) is a creature and or headcrab that has not taken a host and has evolved into a queen like creature that creates more headcrabs.

Is there an updated model for it because the link makes it look ancient
  • dizzydaydoo
  • Senior Boarder

Re: [HL2RP] Suggestions! 10 years, 2 months ago #203405

It is sadly from the original Half Life.

Re: [HL2RP] Suggestions! 10 years ago #206679

Here are some suggestions that I hope are going to be in the meeting because they are great for RP and will enhance RP more on the HL2RP Server.

Beta Citizen Models
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132421532
These models are great and can be either used for factory workers or maybe become a factory worker CWU Model.

Playable Piano
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=104548572
This is an awesome piano that you can actually play on! It can bring on great music players and enhance RP even more on the server. This can be put in a lobby of apartments or place where a lot of citizens hang around at.

Combine Sniper (SWEP)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128967611
I thought this was just cool to add in. I remember playing in the story mode of Hl2 and these snipers were a real doozy when going up against them as Gorden Freeman! Now think of it being used on a rebel and its a good definition of Over Powered!

Citizen Hostages Models
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192039651
These are other models that I think would be cool to use. They could be used for CWU ( White models) or the CMU (Blue Models).

City 45 Map
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...earchtext=Rp+city+45
I've looked around on this map and seen some real great RP potential in it! There's more than enough space for Rebels to reek havoc in the sewers and the CCA have an awesome Nexus that is big enough for everyone to each have their own DvL Desk!

Rebel and Combine Turrets
I was thinking that Rebels, with the right craft RP and supplies, could be able to have turrets for their bases that could protect them and what they strive so hard to protect. I also think combines can have access to this aswell to either close down an area or keep people at bay from an area.

Rolls and the (Sneak Attack) or maybe adapting to P2L.
I think rolling on the server is really based on luck rather than an actual consideration of someones character. Don't get me wrong though I like rolling on the server but hate how it's based on the luck of the roll. Which brings me into Sneak Attacks and how they're too Over Powered and can be the only thing people go for when attacking someone. I suggest Sneak Attack being either removed or can just give you a slight bonus on your roll like +5 or something. I was also on a server that has the P2L or (Play to Lose) system into it and with some good explanation it made perfect sense and had "realism" written all over it. If you don't know what play to lose it I will explain it in the spoiler below.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

If you could give me more input about how you want the server to operate please dont be afraid to post whats on your mind.

Hunger Mod
I understand that the hunger mod tries to force food RP but to be honest I dont think this mod does this. It is also annoying when you are hungry and thirsty and you arent able to run or jump properly because of this annoying mod. I also rarely to never see rations being distributed in the server and would love an increase in that. All hunger mod does in my opinion is get in the way and have you running for food that can cure your hunger and thirst.

Day/Night/Rain/Snow Cycle
I've ventured on a couple of other HL2RP Servers with this mod on and its incredible on how much RP happens because of a weather change. When it's raining players usually get inside or cover themselves from the rain. This also happens at night or when its snowing. I'm sure everyone would love this cycle and enjoy the different weather changes.

I hope you guys look over these suggestions and consider them since I think they will do well for the server and get it its own customization. These suggestions can also get the server populated quicker once people know the cool features our server has.
Post whatever you want about these suggestions whether it be positive or negative because I also want to hear your input on them and see if they can work out or not.

Thanks,
Gucci B Foster
  • ggboyswag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
|FP| Zail: im not done
|FP| Zail: minging you

I did the same attack twice and I both rolled 1's for both of them but the second time around I actually won the roll when Steven rolled 0. #GetRekted!

Re: [HL2RP] Suggestions! 10 years ago #206908

Citizen Prisoner Jumpsuits
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...mp;requirelogin=true

Could be used for prisoners with an idea of prison RP happening on the server.

Mask Overlays
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=246439709

This could be used for CCA's mask and the rebel's gas mask, it would be pretty amazing if we had this.
  • Crocodile
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: [HL2RP] Suggestions! 10 years ago #206972

Nice suggestions croc. Give me some input on my P2L suggestion. In my experience in P2L I've seen other be more interactive in RP and using /mes in a more RP way rather than saying "/me shoots guy in head." Its more like /me grabs his 9mm pistol from his bag holding it with both hands, and aiming it at the mans head shaking nervously as he knows that hes about to shoot, he then quickly pulls the trigger firing at the mans head.
  • ggboyswag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
|FP| Zail: im not done
|FP| Zail: minging you

I did the same attack twice and I both rolled 1's for both of them but the second time around I actually won the roll when Steven rolled 0. #GetRekted!

Re: [HL2RP] Suggestions! 10 years ago #207061

ggboyswag wrote:
Nice suggestions croc. Give me some input on my P2L suggestion. In my experience in P2L I've seen other be more interactive in RP and using /mes in a more RP way rather than saying "/me shoots guy in head." Its more like /me grabs his 9mm pistol from his bag holding it with both hands, and aiming it at the mans head shaking nervously as he knows that hes about to shoot, he then quickly pulls the trigger firing at the mans head.
No, that isn't P2L. What you've shown is what normal rolling RP looks like. Play to lose is simply /me pulls out weapon, and then you just start firing without rolls.
  • GrimThunder62
  • Gold Boarder
  • In many cases, your mind is your only limitation

Re: [HL2RP] Suggestions! 10 years ago #207082

Should of edited my post, but I think the atmos weather mod should be added, I'd be nice seeing some rain and having to buy RP items like umbrellas.
  • Crocodile
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds