Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222707

Slyther wrote:
Sypher40 wrote:
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

This is a quote directly from the creator of TTT: Link Here
Can I make my custom weapon cost 2 or 3 credits instead of 1?

No. I don't want the equipment menu to turn into a CS:S-like store. The decision a player with a credit makes right now is "which equipment is going to help me most". If equipment starts having variable prices, the decision suddenly involves options such as saving for more expensive equipment, and which equipment is the most price-efficient. This seemingly small change will add significant complexity.

In short: this is intentional and will not change.

Balance your weapon for 1 credit. If you're looking for an easy option, limit the weapon's ammo and let players buy another one to get more shots once they run out.

I say it's impossible, because not only is it editing base code, but it's as far from slight customization as you can possibly get without adding tanks.

Just saying, you sorta proved my point. It's not impossible to do it, you just don't want it done. There's a pretty big difference there.

Also, I completely fail to see how that's anywhere near tanks. Sure, from a coding standpoint, editing base files is not a 'slight' job. But from a server standpoint, which is where I'd like to think everyone is when they're talking about too much customisation for the server, how on earth is spending one extra point extreme customisation, at the level of some of the most absurd ideas out there.

Also, just saying on the shotguns, I do agree that a debuff is still a good idea. Shooting a little slower is not going to make a difference when a semi range shot one hits you. Maybe make the spread a little worse, so you have to be even closer to get every pellet into some guy's head.

Also, I agree with the tags. We shouldn't force people to do something they don't want to do. And if we're willing to demote someone over putting the tags in their name, that's just ludicrous.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by Rocinante.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craccoo

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222729

Xeratous wrote:
Corsair911 wrote:
Xeratous wrote:
Tags

1. Every staff has to wear them

2. None of the staff have to wear them

It was dumb that it was even said they dont need to wear them. Really only 6 people need to wear them now and thats dumb. Whats the point of even having them then. I know the BS reasoning behind it but its just stupid, "intimidating new players" Last year we had a crap ton of staff on all the time with tags on and we were constantly populated. It is not intimidating at all.

If we really want to get the server populated again we need to get all our staff on at once cause thats like 14 people right there. People want to join populated servers. They dont give a fuck about tags.

I don't know, I'd feel pretty intimidated if there were a shit ton of people with the same tags on a single server. For all they know, we could be kicking people when they get on or something(Yes I know you can lock a server).

Again like I said, last year around this time we had like 12+ active staff on at all times with the tags. We still got the server populated. In case you dont remember we were getting 25+ people on a day. I dont think they were afraid of the tags

Sorry to be the rebuttling asshole, but....
If we have 12 people with tags when 25 people on, that's 1/2 of the staff being part of the population. I find that fine, with that ratio it's perfectly acceptable. But when we have like 3/4 of the population that we have tags on, it seems more intimidating to me then it would with the previous ratio. Thats just my opinion though, it's how I feel when I choose servers. Other people might feel it completely acceptable to join heavily staffed populated servers.
  • Corsair911
  • Gold Boarder

"Ex Luna Scientia"
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by Corsair911. Reason: I'm bad with definitions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craccoo

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222740

Considering we only have like 4 staff on at a time... Most the people wearing FP tags are our regulars. So if in reality it is tags scaring people you would need to make them take it off in order to not frighten away new guests. It's stupid. The tags aren't the reason as to why we are not getting new players. It's the activity level of the staff
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222747

Corsair911 wrote:
Xeratous wrote:
Corsair911 wrote:
Xeratous wrote:
Tags

1. Every staff has to wear them

2. None of the staff have to wear them

It was dumb that it was even said they dont need to wear them. Really only 6 people need to wear them now and thats dumb. Whats the point of even having them then. I know the BS reasoning behind it but its just stupid, "intimidating new players" Last year we had a crap ton of staff on all the time with tags on and we were constantly populated. It is not intimidating at all.

If we really want to get the server populated again we need to get all our staff on at once cause thats like 14 people right there. People want to join populated servers. They dont give a fuck about tags.

I don't know, I'd feel pretty intimidated if there were a shit ton of people with the same tags on a single server. For all they know, we could be kicking people when they get on or something(Yes I know you can lock a server).

Again like I said, last year around this time we had like 12+ active staff on at all times with the tags. We still got the server populated. In case you dont remember we were getting 25+ people on a day. I dont think they were afraid of the tags

Sorry to be the rebuttling asshole, but....
If we have 12 people with tags when 25 people on, that's 1/2 of the staff being part of the population. I find that fine, with that ratio it's perfectly acceptable. But when we have like 3/4 of the population that we have tags on, it seems more intimidating to me then it would with the previous ratio. Thats just my opinion though, it's how I feel when I choose servers. Other people might feel it completely acceptable to join heavily staffed populated servers.
more tags = more staff/regulars = less minges
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222905

either make the trails shorter or make them fade faster
  • Frozenglory
  • Platinum Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melon jack uk, Craccoo

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222908

also i know ur "nerfing" the shot gun but plz fix all the other guns to and btw just lowering the fire rate isnt going to do much
  • Frozenglory
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222915

Frozenglory wrote:
also i know ur "nerfing" the shot gun but plz fix all the other guns to and btw just lowering the fire rate isnt going to do much
Yes it will, any other stat change will ruin it forever. The fire rate + damage is what makes it OP. Fixing 1 will keep the gun strong, but not as reliable as it used to be.
  • Craccoo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.
My Music Playlist:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS2g2EWHG...qu-0nJnBAbZs_6LK7ltu
STORYTIME!

Zackz11 wrote:
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If money is the root of all 'evil,' why do they ask for it in Church?
KreeG wrote:
[Z] Chester wrote:
I came to FP because I heard there were lots of nice people here
That's true there's a lot of nice people here including myself, Nice to meet you!

You'll laugh at 1 of these at-least:

This player is definitely set on the road to SA:
ramm004 wrote:
Both times I've been banned it's been like the court scene from Idiocracy. I literally dont want part of it anymore. I'm sure I'll see the back of this shit when I start playing the HL2RP. I'm gonna wait my ban time, blow my cash airstriking brats, then request or force a permaban on myself. At least, thats the plan right now.

Crocodile wrote:
ur like 8 only thing ur busy at is painting and learning new colours

and making macaroni necklaces

Warning: Nasty but hella funny stuff:

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #223212

• Frozenglory
  • Platinum Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by Frozenglory.

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #223213

• Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #223312

Remove Trappy Cottage (And I know I will catch shit for this from some people but it needs to be done) because people activate traps that kill people all the time and they body block.
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melon jack uk, Craccoo
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds