Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222659

Slyther wrote:
Trafalgar Law wrote:
Sypher40 wrote:
Xeratous wrote:
As much as I love it, make Neosporin a one time buy or like a 2 time buy

Either 1 or infinite. No other options. Also, if you make it 1 I suggest making it heal around 50-70 health instead of the current 20-35. The Detective can buy the health station which heals for infinite, so if we limit the amount of neosporin Traitors are allowed to buy I suggest making it better.

I think it's balanced, it takes 4 credits to get to full health from around 10-20, and it's hard to get that much without getting several kills. Another option would be to lower the amount it heals, forcing you to buy more to get to full health.
Why not just make two options in the T menu that are the same thing but can only be bought once? Or have the item have two charges but cost twice as much?

Knowing Sypher, I'll just say what he will. It's "impossible" to have it cost more than one credit.

My question is why? Unless the base code is made in such a way that certain code for lua is void, there shouldn't be a way around making something worth two or being able to buy two.

I don't know how the code is set up, but wouldn't it be possible to have it reference a variable, then add one to that variable every time it's bought? Like for something that could be bought say 5 times, have x start at 0, every time it's bought run it through an if statement that checks if x is less than 4. If so, treat it like an infinite item so it can be bought again, then add 1 to x. Otherwise, for the else where x=4, have it work the same as only a one time thing.

As for the only one credit thing, would it be possible to put the function that takes away the credit just into a set for loop? Same concept as the other one, just have it reference a variable, and if something costs 5 credits, have it set into a for loop until x=4, thus it'd run through a total of 5 times if 1 is added at the end, taking a total of 5 credits away after 1 item is bought.

Obviously I don't expect it to be precisely as simple as I tried to describe, and like I said, I don't know exactly how the shop is set up. I'm just spit balling ideas here. However, I do believe nothing is completely impossible to code. It can be hard as hell to figure out at first, sure, but if you can muscle through it once, all you'd need to do is just copy the code in again.
Knowing that there are T traps on maps that have things that cost two credits, I highly doubt it isn't possible. Unless you don't even try, then yes, it is impossible.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The topic has been locked.

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222660

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

This is a quote directly from the creator of TTT: Link Here
Can I make my custom weapon cost 2 or 3 credits instead of 1?

No. I don't want the equipment menu to turn into a CS:S-like store. The decision a player with a credit makes right now is "which equipment is going to help me most". If equipment starts having variable prices, the decision suddenly involves options such as saving for more expensive equipment, and which equipment is the most price-efficient. This seemingly small change will add significant complexity.

In short: this is intentional and will not change.

Balance your weapon for 1 credit. If you're looking for an easy option, limit the weapon's ammo and let players buy another one to get more shots once they run out.

I say it's impossible, because not only is it editing base code, but it's as far from slight customization as you can possibly get without adding tanks.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by Sypher40.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craccoo

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222661

Limit on weapon buy = tanks

Good to know
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slyther, ChummyXRay

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222662

Xeratous wrote:
Limit on weapon buy = tanks

Good to know
Maybe Melon's dreams will one day be true.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChummyXRay, Craccoo

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222675

Tags

1. Every staff has to wear them

2. None of the staff have to wear them

It was dumb that it was even said they dont need to wear them. Really only 6 people need to wear them now and thats dumb. Whats the point of even having them then. I know the BS reasoning behind it but its just stupid, "intimidating new players" Last year we had a crap ton of staff on all the time with tags on and we were constantly populated. It is not intimidating at all.

If we really want to get the server populated again we need to get all our staff on at once cause thats like 14 people right there. People want to join populated servers. They dont give a fuck about tags.

Also Shotgun... Im gonna learn how to code myself and Im gonna fix that shit myself it I need to. Im gonna have more free time pretty soon cause of a new job.
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craccoo

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222681

Sypher40 wrote:

This is a quote directly from the creator of TTT: Link Here
Can I make my custom weapon cost 2 or 3 credits instead of 1?

No. I don't want the equipment menu to turn into a CS:S-like store. The decision a player with a credit makes right now is "which equipment is going to help me most". If equipment starts having variable prices, the decision suddenly involves options such as saving for more expensive equipment, and which equipment is the most price-efficient. This seemingly small change will add significant complexity.

In short: this is intentional and will not change.

Balance your weapon for 1 credit. If you're looking for an easy option, limit the weapon's ammo and let players buy another one to get more shots once they run out.

I say it's impossible, because not only is it editing base code, but it's as far from slight customization as you can possibly get without adding tanks.

Just saying, you sorta proved my point. It's not impossible to do it, you just don't want it done. There's a pretty big difference there.

Also, I completely fail to see how that's anywhere near tanks. Sure, from a coding standpoint, editing base files is not a 'slight' job. But from a server standpoint, which is where I'd like to think everyone is when they're talking about too much customisation for the server, how on earth is spending one extra point extreme customisation, at the level of some of the most absurd ideas out there.

Also, just saying on the shotguns, I do agree that a debuff is still a good idea. Shooting a little slower is not going to make a difference when a semi range shot one hits you. Maybe make the spread a little worse, so you have to be even closer to get every pellet into some guy's head.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by Slyther.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xeratous

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222687

Xeratous wrote:
Tags

It was dumb that it was even said they dont need to wear them. Really only 6 people need to wear them now and thats dumb. Whats the point of even having them then. I know the BS reasoning behind it but its just stupid, "intimidating new players" Last year we had a crap ton of staff on all the time with tags on and we were constantly populated. It is not intimidating at all.

If we really want to get the server populated again we need to get all our staff on at once cause thats like 14 people right there. People want to join populated servers. They dont give a fuck about tags.

I don't know, I'd feel pretty intimidated if there were a shit ton of people with the same tags on a single server. For all they know, we could be kicking people when they get on or something(Yes I know you can lock a server).
  • Corsair911
  • Gold Boarder

"Ex Luna Scientia"

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222689

Corsair911 wrote:
Xeratous wrote:
Tags

I don't know, I'd feel pretty intimidated if there were a shit ton of people with the same tags on a single server. For all they know, we could be kicking people when they get on or something(Yes I know you can lock a server).

Again like I said, last year around this time we had like 12+ active staff on at all times with the tags. We still got the server populated. In case you dont remember we were getting 25+ people on a day. I dont think they were afraid of the tags
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222691

Xeratous wrote:
Corsair911 wrote:
Xeratous wrote:
Tags

Again like I said, last year around this time we had like 12+ active staff on at all times with the tags. We still got the server populated. In case you dont remember we were getting 25+ people on a day. I dont think they were afraid of the tags

Agreed with Xera, everyone should wear the tags, it shows we belong to FP
  • Melon jack uk
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Fix the melon launchers!!

BEEN STAFF ON TTT SINCE MAY 2013

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread November 9 years, 6 months ago #222693

Personally, I think people should just decide for themselves. This has nothing to do with intimidating others or belonging to the group. If someone wants to put in a tag, it should be up to their personal preference to decide, and we should leave it at that.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by Slyther.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xeratous, Craccoo
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds