Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Admin Application

Admin Application 9 years, 7 months ago #220722

Steam Name: |FP| R0GUE_Xeqte

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79672854

Current Position: Operator

How long have you had this position: 2 months i think.

Why do you deserve a promotion?: I will be the first to admit my hours are really low even for having school, but i am trying to bring them up. I am very committed to the server as my hours can show. I have also been doing my job properly, and calling admins+ to do bans and put up ban requests. I am also willing to help out the server in anyway if needed. I think i am ready for the promotion. I want to be able to ban trolls and others who need banning instead of relying on an admin, so not everybodys fun is ruined.

My plan for hours is atleast 1-2 hours a weekday. And 4-5+ hours weekends so hopefully atleast 20 hours a week.

Edit: All feedback is welcomed if you have something I should improve on or something you dislike/like about me. Even if you dont + or - Support
XERA IS A HUSSY
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by R0GUE_Xeqte. Reason: Feedback
The topic has been locked.

Re: Admin Application 9 years, 7 months ago #220724

+Support, no reason....
  • Craccoo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
My Music Playlist:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS2g2EWHG...qu-0nJnBAbZs_6LK7ltu
STORYTIME!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Zackz11 wrote:
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If money is the root of all 'evil,' why do they ask for it in Church?
KreeG wrote:
[Z] Chester wrote:
I came to FP because I heard there were lots of nice people here
That's true there's a lot of nice people here including myself, Nice to meet you!

You'll laugh at 1 of these at-least:

This player is definitely set on the road to SA:
ramm004 wrote:
Both times I've been banned it's been like the court scene from Idiocracy. I literally dont want part of it anymore. I'm sure I'll see the back of this shit when I start playing the HL2RP. I'm gonna wait my ban time, blow my cash airstriking brats, then request or force a permaban on myself. At least, thats the plan right now.

Crocodile wrote:
ur like 8 only thing ur busy at is painting and learning new colours

and making macaroni necklaces

Warning: Nasty but hella funny stuff:

Re: Admin Application 9 years, 7 months ago #220725

+ Support

Rogue is one of the most active staff members TTT has and would make a perfect fit for Admin.
  • Emanating
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craccoo

Re: Admin Application 9 years, 7 months ago #220728

I think you should slow down there a tad bit buddy. You've only had operator for a month.

Should wait a while before you go for admin. Most everyone waits a minimum of 2 to 3 months before even attempting to go for admin.

There's no rush. Cool your jets brah.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sam-Fisher

Re: Admin Application 9 years, 7 months ago #220737

Trafalgar Law wrote:
I think you should slow down there a tad bit buddy. You've only had operator for a month.

Should wait a while before you go for admin. Most everyone waits a minimum of 2 to 3 months before even attempting to go for admin.

I only had Trusted less than a month and Operator less than a month, and I was asked to apply for Admin. I went from a user to an Admin in three meetings. It's not really a matter of how long he's had it, but how well he's done his job in the mean time.

I'm going to support this. Not only has Rogue been one of the most active staff on the server, he has done a great job with using his powers to enforce the rules. He knows the rules by heart, and the appropriate punishments to use when they're broken.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.

Re: Admin Application 9 years, 7 months ago #220760

giovanniz123 wrote:
Trafalgar Law wrote:

Salty
Far from it. In fact, I admire his enthusiasm and welcome it. I just believe he's moving too fast for his own good. And what exactly do I have to be salty of? I was staff for a year and admin for 7 months out of that year and loved most all of it, and then resigned willingly. Not to mention that everyone who's told me how I did, said I was dang good at my job despite me thinking otherwise. So yeh, definitely not "salty".

I love the stigma around here that anytime you say anything bad you automatically have ill will towards the person and secretly hate their guts. Not even. Get over yourself.

I only had Trusted less than a month and Operator less than a month, and I was asked to apply for Admin. I went from a user to an Admin in three meetings. It's not really a matter of how long he's had it, but how well he's done his job in the mean time.

I'm going to support this. Not only has Rogue been one of the most active staff on the server, he has done a great job with using his powers to enforce the rules. He knows the rules by heart, and the appropriate punishments to use when they're broken.
The circumstances could not be anymore different. Being asked to apply and willingly applying are two very different things. I don't think a person should go from trusted to admin in three months which is why I think that would have been a bad move in hindsight despite knowing now that it turned out fine.

I don't think a month let alone two months is long enough for a leap from operator to admin. It's a huge leap. Active or not. Good staff or not. It's a big step that people need to be ready for. The person could be the most active, friendly, hard working staff member there is. But that doesn't automatically mean they are ready for the next dtep. Especially this early in the game. There have been many occasions where people were promoted and shouldn't have been and it was disastrous(not strictly in TTT). I'm not saying that would happen and I doubt it will being Rogue is a very good staff member and I have a lot of faith and trust in him that he'll do he right thing, and that's not something I can say for a few other members of staff. But you can't just leave out someone because they have a pretty face.

People need to get to know their position. And at this point, I don't think he has yet.

Waiting a little longer won't kill you and you can literally only benefit from it and if you actually cared that much, you wouldn't care about the position and what you can't do; but focus on what you are currently able to accomplish and what you can do.

Any time I go against the grain, I'm perceived negatively. I'm not afraid to say what needs to be said despite what others may think against it. People need to stop being so afraid of negativity and constructive criticism and need to lay it out there instead of sugar coating every gosh darn thing. There are limits most definitely. But if you think there is more to be said but are afraid of hurting others feelings or your "reputation". Say it anyways.

Holding back only hurts others and yourself in the end. If there is something I think the staff in the meeting need to take into consideration, I will say it.

I'm not trying to be the bad guy here. I'm just trying to get the things that need to be discussed, discussed.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by EMP. Reason: Censoring More things.

Re: Admin Application 9 years, 7 months ago #220761

Thanks for the very very long reply XD. But in all seriousness there is still a month till the next meeting and if I'm not doing a good job my app could always just be taken down or denied. I also have made many forum and non forum ban requests I know the responsibility of being an admin. Also you got to admit end of may is when i joined and top 20 is pretty damn awesome xD. So if people don't feel like I'm ready they can -Support at meeting and i can wait a month or two or how ever long till I am ready.
XERA IS A HUSSY

Re: Admin Application 9 years, 7 months ago #220791

Not trying to be the asshole who ruins the fun, but I think we need a little more on topic.

As for rouge,

I don't think a month of waiting is enough but I also believe that you have been one of the more active players. So...yea.+support. He knows the rules well enough and has the hours backed by it to deserve it.
  • Corsair911
  • Gold Boarder

"Ex Luna Scientia"
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by Corsair911. Reason: Never need to type in morning

Re: Admin Application 9 years, 7 months ago #220817

Deleted all spam posts. Please keep replies related to the application as positive or negative supports with optional reasoning, as well as thoughts of others views if constructive. Thank you.

--->Pony
  • Pony
  • Legendary Member
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slyther, Craccoo

Re: Admin Application 9 years, 7 months ago #220873

Thank you everybody for the feedback but Professor makes a good point. So I'm wondering if people have the same or different opinions so if you could tell me on here or steam that would be greatly appreciated.
XERA IS A HUSSY
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds