Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #220799

Corsair911 wrote:
Xeratous wrote:
Corsair911 wrote:
Slyther wrote:
Xeratous wrote:
Trafalgar Law wrote:
moondeagle

Cant :c damn Fakerz. Its been looked into multiple times. Its not gonna happen. I think Gamer is making a map for us in his like spare time

So I actually finally took the time and skimmed through the Steam Subscriber Agreement, and there was only one part that mentioned the workshop (6B if people wanna check). I could not find a single point where it said that the creator has the right to do something like restrict a certain group to actually use and distribute their public resource.

Though I'm not a lawyer, so I'd encourage people to double check this, but I'm pretty sure Fakerz can't just pull the card of "I don't like you, you can't use this" out of nowhere like how he would have to.

Also the one on the workshop is v3, which I'm pretty sure is the one that we had before.

Would that mean we need a map makers permission to edit a map?

If v3 is the one bashing FP then yes we would which means we won't be able to get it cause there is no way he will let us edit it

Yea but we cant just download the map, decompile it or something and edit it out? Like without the mapmaker's permission? I have no idea how it works.

We can, but he has rights to sue us for that.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.
The topic has been locked.

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #220800

R0GUE_Xeqte wrote:

I've seen this map, and it just looks butt ugly to me. Not sure about the rest of you, but the way to textures and stuff work it just doesn't look right. That and the T traps suck.

We already have 2 minecraft maps.

Looks okay.

This one also looks pretty good.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by Sypher40.

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #220801

I don't know enough about maps and stuff but it seems, in theory, that it would be possible to do. You would still need someone who has knowledge of source maps and all to edit it. Which, depending on how much needs to be changed, could be a lengthily process. I still find the likely hood of us getting this map back extremely low though. Like I said I would love if we could get it back
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #220802

But but... That one was my favorite
XERA IS A HUSSY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xeratous, Craccoo

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #220804

Lego looks AMAZING
  • Craccoo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.
My Music Playlist:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS2g2EWHG...qu-0nJnBAbZs_6LK7ltu
STORYTIME!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Zackz11 wrote:
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If money is the root of all 'evil,' why do they ask for it in Church?
KreeG wrote:
[Z] Chester wrote:
I came to FP because I heard there were lots of nice people here
That's true there's a lot of nice people here including myself, Nice to meet you!

You'll laugh at 1 of these at-least:

This player is definitely set on the road to SA:
ramm004 wrote:
Both times I've been banned it's been like the court scene from Idiocracy. I literally dont want part of it anymore. I'm sure I'll see the back of this shit when I start playing the HL2RP. I'm gonna wait my ban time, blow my cash airstriking brats, then request or force a permaban on myself. At least, thats the plan right now.

Crocodile wrote:
ur like 8 only thing ur busy at is painting and learning new colours

and making macaroni necklaces

Warning: Nasty but hella funny stuff:

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #220806

So I got tired of everyone just assuming that moondeagle isn't gonna work out, so I just took the time to do my own research. Like I said in the previous post, I could not find anything that Fakerz could use against us legitimately when I looked in the Steam Subscriber Agreement (found here (Section 6B)). And thanks to R0gue sending me the link, I also looked over the online conduct (found here) where it actually specifically says that users will not be allowed to "Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying Steam services, software, or other content." Naturally I'd assume that the map would count under "other content" provided by a "Steam service" and that FP would be considered under "any other user."

As for the actual map.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...earchtext=moondeagle

Instead of assuming that Fakerz changed it, I actually just downloaded that exact map in the link, and looked at it myself. Unless he coded in a few more easter eggs, I could not find any difference between this one and the one we used to have. Not to mention the only changelog on there is dated back to May of 2013, so I'm pretty sure any of those weren't added at that time.

I don't know what exactly was looked into as Xera said, or who did it, but unless I over looked something, and I encourage people to let me know if I did, either here or via Steam, I literally can not find a problem with adding the map besides the fact that Fakerz might get pissed. It seems to me the only reason why it wasn't added in before was that people were scared of the worst case scenario, which both Fakerz may have taken advantage of, and Valve worded their agreement specifically against such a problem because they didn't want to have to be stuck in the middle of a stupid lawsuit.

Also, just so it's not like anything is trying to be hidden, yes, there is a dildo on the map. If it's really a big problem, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be that bad if someone just went in and deleted 2 props from the map.

If it's not clear. Yes. Please add it.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melon jack uk, Xeratous, Craccoo

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #220807

Slyther wrote:
So I got tired of everyone just assuming that moondeagle isn't gonna work out, so I just took the time to do my own research. Like I said in the previous post, I could not find anything that Fakerz could use against us legitimately when I looked in the Steam Subscriber Agreement (found here (Section 6B)). And thanks to R0gue sending me the link, I also looked over the online conduct (found here) where it actually specifically says that users will not be allowed to "Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying Steam services, software, or other content." Naturally I'd assume that the map would count under "other content" provided by a "Steam service" and that FP would be considered under "any other user."

As for the actual map.

Instead of assuming that Fakerz changed it, I actually just downloaded that exact map in the link, and looked at it myself. Unless he coded in a few more easter eggs, I could not find any difference between this one and the one we used to have. Not to mention the only changelog on there is dated back to May of 2013, so I'm pretty sure any of those weren't added at that time.

I don't know what exactly was looked into as Xera said, or who did it, but unless I over looked something, and I encourage people to let me know if I did, either here or via Steam, I literally can not find a problem with adding the map besides the fact that Fakerz might get pissed. It seems to me the only reason why it wasn't added in before was that people were scared of the worst case scenario, which both Fakerz may have taken advantage of, and Valve worded their agreement specifically against such a problem because they didn't want to have to be stuck in the middle of a stupid lawsuit.

Also, just so it's not like anything is trying to be hidden, yes, there is a dildo on the map. If it's really a big problem, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be that bad if someone just went in and deleted 2 props from the map.

Sly I love you.

#basedSly4pres
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slyther, Craccoo

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #220808

I helped him
XERA IS A HUSSY

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #220809

Slyther wrote:

As for the actual map.

*cue ghostbusters theme song*

When there's a map.... That needs to be edit-ted... WHO YOU GONNA CALL!?!?! E M P!
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xeratous, Craccoo

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #220880

Okay, so to start this off, I'd like to say now, the radio is already a great addition, but I think a few edits could make it even better. You can say what you want about these, but these are my opinions. They may just be liked by others as-well. So PLEASE comment on how you feel about this!

I think the radio should have genres of music as a 1st tab when pressing f3. Allow me to explain, so you would press f3, then press 1-9 for a genre, then after selecing a genre, you would select a song from said genre using 1-9
  • Craccoo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.
My Music Playlist:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS2g2EWHG...qu-0nJnBAbZs_6LK7ltu
STORYTIME!

Zackz11 wrote:
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If money is the root of all 'evil,' why do they ask for it in Church?
KreeG wrote:
[Z] Chester wrote:
I came to FP because I heard there were lots of nice people here
That's true there's a lot of nice people here including myself, Nice to meet you!

You'll laugh at 1 of these at-least:

This player is definitely set on the road to SA:
ramm004 wrote:
Both times I've been banned it's been like the court scene from Idiocracy. I literally dont want part of it anymore. I'm sure I'll see the back of this shit when I start playing the HL2RP. I'm gonna wait my ban time, blow my cash airstriking brats, then request or force a permaban on myself. At least, thats the plan right now.

Crocodile wrote:
ur like 8 only thing ur busy at is painting and learning new colours

and making macaroni necklaces

Warning: Nasty but hella funny stuff:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds