Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #221701

Craccoo wrote:
New taunts! Like the Hamster Dance Song! Preferably when they yell, "Here we go, de da de da de da doe doe."
we already have like 50,000 taunts and 30,000 more that need to be added.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The topic has been locked.

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #221786

We don't have that many tranfangular BUT if we are adding taunts then we gotta add The Epic Sax Guy
  • giovanniz123
  • Banned
  • Da Chang4Life
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craccoo

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #221802

Trafalgar Law wrote:
EMP wrote:
I feel as if you guys don't understand what the hud switcher is. What it does is it allows individual playes to decide what hud they want. So lets say you guys like the defult hud, then by all means you can use that your self but at the same time it allows someone else to play with a diferent hud. Personaly I think its right up your guys alley because it adds customization ONLY if a player wants it.
I understand what it is. I just think it's unnecessary. The HUD is fine as is. If you add it, you'll have a bajillion people requesting their preferred HUD is added and then there will be a thousand different options to choose from. It adds too much variation between each player. It would be best to have everyone have the same thing and not every person having something different. It's just another customization feature I don't think is necessary. It can also add some confusion when a staff member is using anti-cheat and the dude has some wacked up HUD and he doesn't know what he's looking at because he always uses a different one. And I think there could be a lot of conflicts with this. With all the different HUD's, we'd have no idea what would work with our server and what won't. Potentially breaking many things in the process. And don't forget the obligatory FDL time being extended as well.

Again, like Xera said, it seems like we're adding things just to add them. There really is no point to it other than self-convenience. We've had the same HUD(with a tad bit of variation) for AFAIK since the server first came up. If it's worked this well now, it just seems pointless to have 20 other HUD's for people to choose from. Further distancing the connection and cohesion people have.

I don't see your problem with letting people have what they want, surely you want to please the people that play the server. This doesn't affect your or anyone else game play in anyway shape or form, what it does do is enhances other players game play.

Are you a Super Admin? because if so you would know that it doesn't affect the anti-cheat in anyway shape or form. They are just HUDs for people to enjoy and dont change anything for anyone else apart from the player that is using it.

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

As you can see in the pictures i supplied above you can see how clean and easy it is to use. The menu is just another tab on the F1 menu that a player can click and customize their own personal HUD.

FYI the defult HUD is still on there for the people that want to use it.

Sorry if i made any mistakes i made the post from my phone.
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by Dcxbigdaddy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EMP, Craccoo, Tyler R

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #221813

Dcxbigdaddy wrote:
Trafalgar Law wrote:
EMP wrote:
I feel as if you guys don't understand what the hud switcher is. What it does is it allows individual playes to decide what hud they want. So lets say you guys like the defult hud, then by all means you can use that your self but at the same time it allows someone else to play with a diferent hud. Personaly I think its right up your guys alley because it adds customization ONLY if a player wants it.
I understand what it is. I just think it's unnecessary. The HUD is fine as is. If you add it, you'll have a bajillion people requesting their preferred HUD is added and then there will be a thousand different options to choose from. It adds too much variation between each player. It would be best to have everyone have the same thing and not every person having something different. It's just another customization feature I don't think is necessary. It can also add some confusion when a staff member is using anti-cheat and the dude has some wacked up HUD and he doesn't know what he's looking at because he always uses a different one. And I think there could be a lot of conflicts with this. With all the different HUD's, we'd have no idea what would work with our server and what won't. Potentially breaking many things in the process. And don't forget the obligatory FDL time being extended as well.

Again, like Xera said, it seems like we're adding things just to add them. There really is no point to it other than self-convenience. We've had the same HUD(with a tad bit of variation) for AFAIK since the server first came up. If it's worked this well now, it just seems pointless to have 20 other HUD's for people to choose from. Further distancing the connection and cohesion people have.

I don't see your problem with letting people have what they want, surely you want to please the people that play the server. This doesn't affect your or anyone else game play in anyway shape or form, what it does do is enhances other players game play.

Are you a Super Admin? because if so you would know that it doesn't affect the anti-cheat in anyway shape or form. They are just HUDs for people to enjoy and dont change anything for anyone else apart from the player that is using it.

As you can see in the pictures i supplied above you can see how clean and easy it is to use. The menu is just another tab on the F1 menu that a player can click and customize their own personal HUD.

Did you read my entire post? I don't care about people wanting it customized. I have no problem with that. What I DO have a problem with is that not only is there probably going to be a shitload of suggestions with everyone suggesting their own UI, but there's going to be a shitload of options that people are going to filter through. It's useless. Again, we've had the same UI with only minor changes since the server first started.

We already have enough things that are customized. And as Sly said. What buttons are left on the keyboard? We already have the game summary/mechanics, game settings, jukebox, store, taunts, report menu, and a few others that are escaping me at the moment. Simply put, there's already too much shit. We're starting to add way too many things just for user convenience that we could do without. Countless numbers of point shop items with no limit or end. Taunts. Deathmatch. And now this.

The problem that I have is it doesn't stop. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I warned that this customization crap will bring on a new wave of people asking for more customized stuff. And it seems I was right. It's not about how it directly affects me but indirectly. This shit just adds more customization crap that me and plenty of others do not give two shits about. It just adds more crap I need to download that I'm never going to use. It's just a waste of space and a bother. We don't need it. I don't see how we can go so long with having a UI that we've always used and just now having people wanting a new one. If you want one so bad, then I'm almost certain you can edit the HUD in your game files and add the one you want.

And as I said before, obligatory FDL bitching.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dcxbigdaddy

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #221817

Did you read my entire post? like i said before its part of the F1 menu that is already there.The thing is it should be about what everyone wants and if majority want it, it should be added.

If other people want to suggest more stuff like HUDs, then its their right to do so.

Looking at your gametracker rank it looks like you need to do something to improve it, so it looks more clear to me that you need to add what the majority want. so just because you have had the basic HUD for so long doesn't mean that it is the best choice to have.

I'm also sorry that you need to download literally a few extra KB so others can have a better experience.

To sum it up i really don't see yours or anyone else problem with it, all it does is please everyone on the server by giving them the chance to have what they want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craccoo

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #221818

Trafalgar Law wrote:
Dcxbigdaddy wrote:
Trafalgar Law wrote:
EMP wrote:

Did you read my entire post? I don't care about people wanting it customized. I have no problem with that. What I DO have a problem with is that not only is there probably going to be a shitload of suggestions with everyone suggesting their own UI, but there's going to be a shitload of options that people are going to filter through. It's useless. Again, we've had the same UI with only minor changes since the server first started.

We already have enough things that are customized. And as Sly said. What buttons are left on the keyboard? We already have the game summary/mechanics, game settings, jukebox, store, taunts, report menu, and a few others that are escaping me at the moment. Simply put, there's already too much shit. We're starting to add way too many things just for user convenience that we could do without. Countless numbers of point shop items with no limit or end. Taunts. Deathmatch. And now this.

The problem that I have is it doesn't stop. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I warned that this customization crap will bring on a new wave of people asking for more customized stuff. And it seems I was right. It's not about how it directly affects me but indirectly. This shit just adds more customization crap that me and plenty of others do not give two shits about. It just adds more crap I need to download that I'm never going to use. It's just a waste of space and a bother. We don't need it. I don't see how we can go so long with having a UI that we've always used and just now having people wanting a new one. If you want one so bad, then I'm almost certain you can edit the HUD in your game files and add the one you want.

And as I said before, obligatory FDL bitching.

You know I always see you complain about people not reading your posts. But it seems you couldn't be bothered to read his. Because if you did you would have noticed that he said and even SHOWED quite clearly that it adds onto the F1 menu. Your also biching about something you clearly don't know about. Lua files that make up huds do not require any fast FDL space period.

Its also nice that you mentioned that you don't care for the extra customization, because thats the beauty of the hud switcher because thats the whole point. You don't have to care because it has absolutely 100% no effect on you what so ever. It doesn't add any more download time, it doesn't cause any errors for you, and the biggest thing is that it doesn't add any more customization unless you want it.

FYI you cant just edit your own game files because inorder to run clientside lua on the server you would need a bypasser and bypassing sv_allowcslua gets you Gmod banned.
  • EMP
  • Site Administrator
  • Diamond VIP
  • Ambassador />
					</li>

<li class=
  • FP Owner/Developer

Add me on Steam!

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #221819

I was going to post a rebuttal to both your arguments, as I still have points that I want to mention. But there's no point. It's obviously getting nowhere. May make me look like a coward for "ducking out" but eh, no point in yelling into the wind and nor do I really care for my social image. If the others want to argue their reasoning against it, then they can do so.

It's obviously impossible to convey something that you two clearly wouldn't understand, which is the reasoning behind why I and others are against this huge implementation of these customized features. Simply put: we're losing our roots and what made the server awesome. I'll just leave it at that.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by Rocinante.

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #221820

Dcxbigdaddy wrote:
Did you read my entire post? like i said before its part of the F1 menu that is already there.The thing is it should be about what everyone wants and if majority want it, it should be added.

If other people want to suggest more stuff like HUDs, then its their right to do so.

Looking at your gametracker rank it looks like you need to do something to improve it, so it looks more clear to me that you need to add what the majority want. so just because you have had the basic HUD for so long doesn't mean that it is the best choice to have.

I'm also sorry that you need to download literally a few extra KB so others can have a better experience.

To sum it up i really don't see yours or anyone else problem with it, all it does is please everyone on the server by giving them the chance to have what they want.

Just gonna say this... Adding more HUDs is not gonna raise out Gametracker at all. The reason it has fallen, again, is because people don't want to get on when noone is on or only want to play when certain people are on which is dumb. And it's not what the majority want at all. Like 2 people have said they want it and that is in no way the majority of our players on the server. Just throwing that out there.
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slyther, Rocinante

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #221822

Trafalgar Law wrote:
I was going to post a rebuttal to both your arguments, as I still have points that I want to mention. But there's no point. It's obviously getting nowhere. May make me look like a coward for "ducking out" but eh, no point in yelling into the wind and nor do I really care for my social image. If the others want to argue their reasoning against it, then they can do so.

It's obviously impossible to convey something that you two clearly wouldn't understand, which is the reasoning behind why I and others are against this huge implementation of these customized features. Simply put: we're losing our roots and what made the server awesome. I'll just leave it at that.
I read your shit and get more and more frustrated, how can you say EMP doesn't know what he's talking about, or big daddy? They both know how to code and have used the source engine more than you ever will. I doubt you'll read this though cause you're an ignorant asshole.
  • Craccoo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.
My Music Playlist:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS2g2EWHG...qu-0nJnBAbZs_6LK7ltu
STORYTIME!

Zackz11 wrote:
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If money is the root of all 'evil,' why do they ask for it in Church?
KreeG wrote:
[Z] Chester wrote:
I came to FP because I heard there were lots of nice people here
That's true there's a lot of nice people here including myself, Nice to meet you!

You'll laugh at 1 of these at-least:

This player is definitely set on the road to SA:
ramm004 wrote:
Both times I've been banned it's been like the court scene from Idiocracy. I literally dont want part of it anymore. I'm sure I'll see the back of this shit when I start playing the HL2RP. I'm gonna wait my ban time, blow my cash airstriking brats, then request or force a permaban on myself. At least, thats the plan right now.

Crocodile wrote:
ur like 8 only thing ur busy at is painting and learning new colours

and making macaroni necklaces

Warning: Nasty but hella funny stuff:

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread October 9 years, 7 months ago #221824

Xeratous wrote:
Dcxbigdaddy wrote:

Just gonna say this... Adding more HUDs is not gonna raise out Gametracker at all. The reason it has fallen, again, is because people don't want to get on when noone is on or only want to play when certain people are on which is dumb. And it's not what the majority want at all. Like 2 people have said they want it and that is in no way the majority of our players on the server. Just throwing that out there.

I pretty much agree with what Xera said. I just wanted to point out one thing because it pertains to all the servers. I'll use the JB server as an example. I remember back when Emp said he was working on an update for it to attract new players, and it was taken poorly. Why? Because an update to a server isn't just going to magically attract new players on to play. The only way a new feature is ever going to make a difference is if people are online to invite new players to come on and experience it. And that's where all the servers are falling. No one wants to play because there aren't many, if any, players on, but the ironic thing is, that exact thinking is exactly why no players are on, thus it's a cycle. And when the only people who are willing to get on and kick things up again can't or don't play for their own personal reasons, then the entire server drops. Not because one little add-on needs to be implemented.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by Slyther.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xeratous, Craccoo
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds