Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Enigma's 2nd Trusted App

Re: Enigma's 2nd Trusted App 9 years, 8 months ago #218811

I'm not really gonna put much here since a meeting did just happen and I do think it's a bit early to put an opinion on it. Just wanted to point out something.

Trafalgar Law wrote:
Secondly, 5 hours a week is the minimum required for a staff member so I don't know what you're complaining about there.

Unless I don't know how to math (which is always an option at 12 o'clock at night), but it seems you have just over six hours in the past month by my count, so I don't really know why you feel the need to say that you've been active enough by minimum standards. Also, just because you just barely get 5 hours a week doesn't necessarily mean you're fine in my eyes. When I see someone only on once or twice a week and just barely getting enough hours to be considered active for that week, it seems more like they're playing just to get they're hours up, which is more of a chore, not so much of you just going on cause you felt like it. Now please don't take this the wrong way, as I do completely understand having a busy schedule and not being able to play much, especially with school starting up again, and not saying that's you per say. Like I said, I think it's a bit early to come to an actual decision, so just work on the activity, and time will tell.

I will agree with you though, how it does seem a bit pointless to force you to get 40 hours since your resignation. To me, the common 40 hr requirement is to make sure new players actually have stuck around for long enough to learn the rules, seen how situations are handled, how the server works, etc. Not just to say "Eh, play more." That's more for the 5 hour a week minimum, which rounds this post straight up to the top.

I honestly don't know how this app is gonna turn up, so best of luck Prof.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
Last Edit: 9 years, 8 months ago by Slyther.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rocinante

Re: Enigma's 2nd Trusted App 9 years, 8 months ago #218813

Slyther wrote:
I'm not really gonna put much here since a meeting did just happen and I do think it's a bit early to put an opinion on it. Just wanted to point out something.

Trafalgar Law wrote:
Secondly, 5 hours a week is the minimum required for a staff member so I don't know what you're complaining about there.

Unless I don't know how to math (which is always an option at 12 o'clock at night), but it seems you have just over six hours in the past month by my count, so I don't really know why you feel the need to say that you've been active enough by minimum standards. Also, just because you just barely get 5 hours a week doesn't necessarily mean you're fine in my eyes. When I see someone only on once or twice a week and just barely getting enough hours to be considered active for that week, it seems more like they're playing just to get they're hours up, which is more of a chore, not so much of you just going on cause you felt like it. Now please don't take this the wrong way, as I do completely understand having a busy schedule and not being able to play much, especially with school starting up again, and not saying that's you per say. Like I said, I think it's a bit early to come to an actual decision, so just work on the activity, and time will tell.

I will agree with you though, how it does seem a bit pointless to force you to get 40 hours since your resignation. To me, the common 40 hr requirement is to make sure new players actually have stuck around for long enough to learn the rules, seen how situations are handled, how the server works, etc. Not just to say "Eh, play more." That's more for the 5 hour a week minimum, which rounds this post straight up to the top.

I honestly don't know how this app is gonna turn up, so best of luck Prof.
I was referring to the 5 hours per week minimum. I already know my activity was bad. Which the first four bars are within 7 days and add up to give or take 300 minutes.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds