Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Enigma's 2nd Trusted App

Enigma's 2nd Trusted App 9 years, 8 months ago #218615

Please read the entirety of my post before posting a comment, thanks.

Steam Name: |FP| Enigma

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:33115420

Steam Profile Link: steamcommunity.com/id/catsaresexy

I am From: California, Living in Maryland at the moment

Member of the Friendly Players Steam Group?: well duh

Time spent on the server: Close to 500 hours on many alts. User with most is Professor Titties with 421 hours on the server and ranked 24 on the server

Time spent in FP: A year and 8 months

Do you use a Microphone?: rarely just because I prefer typing but I use it all the time in meetings

Why You?: Here's my trusted app from the last meeting that got denied: friendlyplayers.com/index.php?option=com...17383&Itemid=426

My primary reason for getting denied from what everyone told me was due to activity. Besides my loss of interest in TTT, I was working shifts at work until 9pm every night with the 1 or 2 days off a week that I had. I had close to no energy at all to play and just wanted to relax and for me, playing video games were a bit taxing(even though I'm just sitting on the couch on the computer bahah). I am still working those shifts until 9pm but as of this week and hopefully so on they won't be so frequent. Not to mention the shifts where I work from 5am to 12pm.

TTT is still not as fun as it once was but I still enjoy it a lot. My activity right now is slowly getting up and I am going to be playing it a lot more than I did on my first trusted app.

I proved my ability as a staff member through my year of dedication to FP not only on TTT but on Flood and Stranded as well. I was an admin on here for 7 months before I resigned and a Flood staff member for 4 months before I resigned. Besides my inactivity which I am planning on improving, I believe that I have gone above and beyond in terms of being a quality staff member and deserve it given that I increase my hours which I do know is a problem.

The reason I made this app early is so people can see what I bring to the table now and my thoughts on it and make their judgement as time progesses before the meeting. I don't usually enjoy making apps right after meetings and generally frown down upon it but having seen how it works for other people, I felt I might as well do so. Given the fact that my inactivity was (supposedly) the only reason I got denied, it would seem weird to make my app this early on considering I haven't had much time to improve my activity. But again, I felt it would be best to do so early on and see people post their opinions and see if it changes come time for the meeting.

Please post your reason for +/- supporting my app instead of just saying +/- support.

Thanks,

Enigma
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 9 years, 8 months ago by Rocinante.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Enigma's 2nd Trusted App 9 years, 8 months ago #218619

Neutral because you have barely any hours at the moment since you resigned and changed your name you have less then 10 hours and minimum is 30-40. Showing your old names with over a year on isn't very fair and doesn't show if you are commited. plus you threatened to quit if we added spec deathmatch which they are. If you prove you are commitied I will change to a plus support www.gametracker.com/player/%7CFP%7C%20En...lyplayers.com:27017/ and that is your current profile name with barely any hours if it goes above 40 by next meeting i will +Support.
XERA IS A HUSSY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rocinante

Re: Enigma's 2nd Trusted App 9 years, 8 months ago #218621

R0GUE_Xeqte wrote:
Neutral because you have barely any hours at the moment since you resigned and changed your name you have less then 10 hours and minimum is 30-40. Showing your old names with over a year on isn't very fair and doesn't show if you are commited. plus you threatened to quit if we added spec deathmatch which they are. If you prove you are commitied I will change to a plus support www.gametracker.com/player/%7CFP%7C%20En...lyplayers.com:27017/ and that is your current profile name with barely any hours if it goes above 40 by next meeting i will +Support.

Neutral because you have barely any hours at the moment since you resigned and changed your name you have less then 10 hours and minimum is 30-40. Showing your old names with over a year on isn't very fair and doesn't show if you are commited.

It wasn't to show whether or not I was committed, was simply showing how many hours I've had on the server and that I actually play on the server. And in a sense, it does. Does having staff for a year(with 7 of those months being an admin) and having close to 500 hours not show I'm committed? It seems that resigning and not playing for a few weeks all of a sudden makes me not committed at all. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be playing.

Plus you threatened to quit if we added spec deathmatch which they are.

I was never serious about that. It'll bring the server down in my eyes yes, but I was never seriously going to leave over an optional feature. I'm just fearful of what it can bring in the future which everyone seems to be neglecting.

www.gametracker.com/player/%7CFP%7C%20En...lyplayers.com:27017/ and that is your current profile name with barely any hours if it goes above 40 by next meeting i will +Support.
I was told(by multiple people no less) I don't need 40 hours considering I already have over 10 times that amount. But it's not like it really matters anyways as I'll easily surpass 40.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 9 years, 8 months ago by Rocinante.

Re: Enigma's 2nd Trusted App 9 years, 8 months ago #218792

Trafalgar Law wrote:
R0GUE_Xeqte wrote:

Neutral because you have barely any hours at the moment since you resigned and changed your name you have less then 10 hours and minimum is 30-40. Showing your old names with over a year on isn't very fair and doesn't show if you are commited.

It wasn't to show whether or not I was committed, was simply showing how many hours I've had on the server and that I actually play on the server. And in a sense, it does. Does having staff for a year(with 7 of those months being an admin) and having close to 500 hours not show I'm committed? It seems that resigning and not playing for a few weeks all of a sudden makes me not committed at all. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be playing.

Plus you threatened to quit if we added spec deathmatch which they are.

I was never serious about that. It'll bring the server down in my eyes yes, but I was never seriously going to leave over an optional feature. I'm just fearful of what it can bring in the future which everyone seems to be neglecting.

www.gametracker.com/player/%7CFP%7C%20En...lyplayers.com:27017/ and that is your current profile name with barely any hours if it goes above 40 by next meeting i will +Support.
I was told(by multiple people no less) I don't need 40 hours considering I already have over 10 times that amount. But it's not like it really matters anyways as I'll easily surpass 40.
Threats are to be taken seriously; when you said you are going to leave if they add spec-deathmatch, no-one thought you were joking, everyone thought you were serious; I think you're still lying, because someone called you out, you say you were 'joking.' Okay sure....
Neutral
  • Craccoo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.
My Music Playlist:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS2g2EWHG...qu-0nJnBAbZs_6LK7ltu
STORYTIME!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Zackz11 wrote:
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If money is the root of all 'evil,' why do they ask for it in Church?
KreeG wrote:
[Z] Chester wrote:
I came to FP because I heard there were lots of nice people here
That's true there's a lot of nice people here including myself, Nice to meet you!

You'll laugh at 1 of these at-least:

This player is definitely set on the road to SA:
ramm004 wrote:
Both times I've been banned it's been like the court scene from Idiocracy. I literally dont want part of it anymore. I'm sure I'll see the back of this shit when I start playing the HL2RP. I'm gonna wait my ban time, blow my cash airstriking brats, then request or force a permaban on myself. At least, thats the plan right now.

Crocodile wrote:
ur like 8 only thing ur busy at is painting and learning new colours

and making macaroni necklaces

Warning: Nasty but hella funny stuff:

Re: Enigma's 2nd Trusted App 9 years, 8 months ago #218794

Sorry I didn't reply sooner but in your resignation you said you weren't committed for months and wanted to resign. Then two week later you want powers back to see admin chat and to make a new rank to mute/gag and see admin chat. It shows your real motive for applying for powers.
XERA IS A HUSSY

Re: Enigma's 2nd Trusted App 9 years, 8 months ago #218796

R0GUE_Xeqte wrote:
Sorry I didn't reply sooner but in your resignation you said you weren't committed for months and wanted to resign. Then two week later you want powers back to see admin chat and to make a new rank to mute/gag and see admin chat. It shows your real motive for applying for powers.
After hearing this, and remembering reading what Rogue mentioned, -Support
  • Craccoo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.
My Music Playlist:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS2g2EWHG...qu-0nJnBAbZs_6LK7ltu
STORYTIME!

Zackz11 wrote:
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If money is the root of all 'evil,' why do they ask for it in Church?
KreeG wrote:
[Z] Chester wrote:
I came to FP because I heard there were lots of nice people here
That's true there's a lot of nice people here including myself, Nice to meet you!

You'll laugh at 1 of these at-least:

This player is definitely set on the road to SA:
ramm004 wrote:
Both times I've been banned it's been like the court scene from Idiocracy. I literally dont want part of it anymore. I'm sure I'll see the back of this shit when I start playing the HL2RP. I'm gonna wait my ban time, blow my cash airstriking brats, then request or force a permaban on myself. At least, thats the plan right now.

Crocodile wrote:
ur like 8 only thing ur busy at is painting and learning new colours

and making macaroni necklaces

Warning: Nasty but hella funny stuff:

Re: Enigma's 2nd Trusted App 9 years, 8 months ago #218805

I kinda agree with Rogue and Craccoo. In your suggestion you specifically said "A rank for staff who have resigned" only a week or so after your resignation. The only powers would be access to admin chat, gag, and mute. To me this sounds like an excuse for powers. Not only that, but your still really inactive, unless you've changed your name again you only have 5 hours on the server.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.

Re: Enigma's 2nd Trusted App 9 years, 8 months ago #218806

Sypher40 wrote:
I kinda agree with Rogue and Craccoo. In your suggestion you specifically said "A rank for staff who have resigned" only a week or so after your resignation. The only powers would be access to admin chat, gag, and mute. To me this sounds like an excuse for powers. Not only that, but your still really inactive, unless you've changed your name again you only have 5 hours on the server.
Alrighty, I typed a huge post earlier but it got deleted so now I have to start over. First and foremost, I already posted in the app that my activity was low right now and it was going to increase. Secondly, 5 hours a week is the minimum required for a staff member so I don't know what you're complaining about there. Thirdly, I already have way over the 40 hour minimum and if we're counting here then there are quite a few staff members I could call out who aren't exactly meeting this minimum you guys are professing so much about. Not to mention that until about a two months ago, I was playing about 3 to 4 hours every day for about a month straight before I stopped my constant activity. Mkay, now for the person centered quote posts.

First and foremost, I never have nor will I ever have any kind of ulterior motive to any of what I do and quite frankly it offends me and hurts me that you would say this especially after a year of dedication to the server. It doesn't make any sense how people all of a sudden are attacking me for wanting powers two weeks after I resign but don't seem to bat an eye(not calling you out here, just giving an example) when Xeratous asked for his powers not even 24 hours after he resigned. The double standard and personal hatred is real here. I only asked for the rank because I've seen it work on other servers I've played on and it worked really well so I don't know how this in any way is me trying to have an excuse to get powers. Especially when we're already fairly short-staffed at the moment and NEED people to apply for staff.

Threats are to be taken seriously; when you said you are going to leave if they add spec-deathmatch, no-one thought you were joking, everyone thought you were serious; I think you're still lying, because someone called you out, you say you were 'joking.' Okay sure....
Neutral
I was never ever, ever completely serious about that. You obviously haven't played with me enough to know that 90% of what I say is sarcastic unless I say otherwise. Not to mention that I even talked to Pony and Xeratous about it and told them how completely pissed off I was about it and thought about it but was never seriously going to leave. And why would I post an app asking for powers if I was going to seriously leave?

I think you're still lying, because someone called you out, you say you were 'joking.' Okay sure....
This is entirely unnecessary and immature for you to say. "think you're still lying" What exactly have I lied about before? What exactly do I have to lie about? All my cards are out on the table so I don't have anything to hide nor would there ever be anything to hide so I don't know why you brought it there.

I kinda agree with Rogue and Craccoo. In your suggestion you specifically said "A rank for staff who have resigned" only a week or so after your resignation. The only powers would be access to admin chat, gag, and mute. To me this sounds like an excuse for powers.
I can see your suspicions, however, I hadn't thought about the idea until after I'd resigned.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: Enigma's 2nd Trusted App 9 years, 8 months ago #218807

Mind if a nobody pops in?

I've played with Professor more hours than most, especially last summer. I definitely had my more "negative" thoughts on him back then, however it's different now. Sure he discusses his opinion on the forums and may come off as being oppressing, but truthfully he does it in an orderly and formal fashion. I won't lie, I rarely play TTT anymore or GMOD in general. However, Professor's been admin before and did a decent job with the position. Like I said, this comment might not be regarded in full recognition but from someone with 600+ hours on the server, it's a +Support from me.

P.S. Don't accuse others of something when you're just as guilty of it.
  • MaskedBaron
  • Gold Boarder
  • Scrub A Dub Dub
Last Edit: 9 years, 8 months ago by MaskedBaron.

Re: Enigma's 2nd Trusted App 9 years, 8 months ago #218809

Just want to say on my whole resignation thingy. I never asked for my powers back they where offered back to me after Pony and Jochs discussed it when I put that I would probably be applying for trusted like 5 hours after my powers were taken away. I was fully committed to restarting as trusted and was actually looking forward to it . I truly believe I should have had to restart too but I guess Pony and Jochs decided having me as SA would be a better choice for the server instead of having me start from the bottom. I even told Pony that if it would cause any sort of drama I would have rather not had my position of SA back. I know you weren't calling me out or anything, just sorta saying what happened in that whole case just in case anyone else was curious.

App wise though xD I will +support keep your hours up yo and play more with me on. You are a great guy to play with and has always shown to be a responsible person on the server. Best of luck man <3

Also shush Dash you are not a nobody <3
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO
Last Edit: 9 years, 8 months ago by Xeratous.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds