Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Suggestion Thread

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread 9 years, 9 months ago #218353

Xeratous wrote:
GoodGame wrote:
Trafalgar Law wrote:
Remove spec deathmatch.

What happpened to keeping customization down to a minimum? This is incredibily stupid and pointless. It just adds unnecessary crap that isn't needed.

A lot of people asked for it, and most of them left because we didn't have it.

Yeah seriously it barely effects the game play. Just dont do !dm or whatever the command will be. I know I wont. Was like the only one who voted against it and will never play it.
It can and will affect gameplay. Before it was hard as hell to get people to respond when they rdmed and now it'll be even harder. The last thing we need is another useless distraction that detracts from the gameplay. It's just pointless and is another thing that has to be added to FDL and another thing people have to wait to download. The whole reason a lot of people found the server attractive was because of how vanilla it was. If people are seriously going to leave over a feature that you barely use when you're dead then that's stupid.

I obviously won't be able to convince either of you or anyone who voted for it as to why I despise it so much so there really is no point in debating it. I just think it'll hurt the server in the long run and goes completely against what the server was loved for. Do people get THAT bored in between games that they need to kill each other in between? I can already see the countless numbers of situatioms where someone will break some rule or kill someone and no one will catch what happened because they'll be too busy killing eachother. I'm not saying this doesn't happen already because it certainly does but why add more distractions?

It's not the feature itself I hate, it's what it could lead to in the future: which is more than needed customization. This is the first step into that direction(well, second, the new pointshop was the first imo).
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The topic has been locked.

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread 9 years, 9 months ago #218368

Trafalgar Law wrote:
Xeratous wrote:
GoodGame wrote:
Trafalgar Law wrote:
Remove spec deathmatch.

What happpened to keeping customization down to a minimum? This is incredibily stupid and pointless. It just adds unnecessary crap that isn't needed.

A lot of people asked for it, and most of them left because we didn't have it.

Yeah seriously it barely effects the game play. Just dont do !dm or whatever the command will be. I know I wont. Was like the only one who voted against it and will never play it.
It can and will affect gameplay. Before it was hard as hell to get people to respond when they rdmed and now it'll be even harder. The last thing we need is another useless distraction that detracts from the gameplay. It's just pointless and is another thing that has to be added to FDL and another thing people have to wait to download. The whole reason a lot of people found the server attractive was because of how vanilla it was. If people are seriously going to leave over a feature that you barely use when you're dead then that's stupid.

I obviously won't be able to convince either of you or anyone who voted for it as to why I despise it so much so there really is no point in debating it. I just think it'll hurt the server in the long run and goes completely against what the server was loved for. Do people get THAT bored in between games that they need to kill each other in between? I can already see the countless numbers of situatioms where someone will break some rule or kill someone and no one will catch what happened because they'll be too busy killing eachother. I'm not saying this doesn't happen already because it certainly does but why add more distractions?

It's not the feature itself I hate, it's what it could lead to in the future: which is more than needed customization. This is the first step into that direction(well, second, the new pointshop was the first imo).

Couple things,
1. It has already been discussed by the staff, we are not to use the death match system if a bunch of random are on the server. Most staff also check the damage logs after the round is over, so the times in which a situation would be missed would only be because someone wasn't doing their job.

2. There's no downloado what-so-ever, it's all server-side.

3. I'l talk to Jochs and EMP about it, but I was thinking of adding a command that allows admins to force people out of death match to discuss punishments.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melon jack uk

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread 9 years, 9 months ago #218398

Not really gonna say much since Sypher hit the big points. If it becomes a problem, we can remove it. The main reason it was added was because most all other servers have it, and as Gamer said, there have been countless times when I've had to tell players "Sorry, no DM here" because they just come on and expect it. And I don't mean to be a dick here, but you of all people shouldn't really be making fun of those who get so bored during spec that they want to actually do something in between rounds. Besides, it's simple kid psychology. Who wants to stick around and watch others play a game when they can just go to a different server where they can have some fun in the meantime. Also, just because we add in one or two bigger features doesn't mean we're just gonna add in more. I understand your concerns but this is more of a way to retain players rather than a way to make us unique.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craccoo

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread 9 years, 9 months ago #218433

Remove the TMNT skin it has horrible hitboxes and impossible to headshot.
XERA IS A HUSSY

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread 9 years, 9 months ago #218434

R0GUE_Xeqte wrote:
Remove the TMNT skin it has horrible hitboxes and impossible to headshot.

Yeah seriously... Screw that skin
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread 9 years, 9 months ago #218446

Slyther wrote:
Not really gonna say much since Sypher hit the big points. If it becomes a problem, we can remove it. The main reason it was added was because most all other servers have it, and as Gamer said, there have been countless times when I've had to tell players "Sorry, no DM here" because they just come on and expect it. And I don't mean to be a dick here, but you of all people shouldn't really be making fun of those who get so bored during spec that they want to actually do something in between rounds. Besides, it's simple kid psychology. Who wants to stick around and watch others play a game when they can just go to a different server where they can have some fun in the meantime. Also, just because we add in one or two bigger features doesn't mean we're just gonna add in more. I understand your concerns but this is more of a way to retain players rather than a way to make us unique.
Fair enough, I won't argue against it if it's simply for player retention. I'm just trying to bring to light the obvious problems it can cause which it seems a lot of people are simply neglecting.

Also, I don't go afk because I'm "bored". I go afk because I have other things I need to do and look at. If I got bored of the gamemode I wouldn't play it(Like I do when I choose not to play it).
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread 9 years, 9 months ago #218613

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE ADD THIS. I AM BEGGING YOU.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=291014600

I FINALLY GOT SOMEONE TO MAKE IT.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread 9 years, 9 months ago #218693

Remove the TMNT skin and the Jinx skin! You cant like headshot them at all. Really BS
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread 9 years, 9 months ago #218696

Xeratous wrote:
Remove the TMNT skin and the Jinx skin! You cant like headshot them at all. Really BS

Just sayin, the TMNT was supposed to be removed months ago, and we agreed on it again this past meeting for the exact same reason, so no need to wait for a meeting for that one.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xeratous

Re: [TTT] Suggestion Thread 9 years, 9 months ago #218697

Can you also make it so SA's can reset the server or something? Cause from what I have heard it has been laggy today and if Sly or I could have reset it, Im sure it would have removed the lag.
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds