Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban

Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215588

Well, power is out again because of a storm. It's been out since like 6pm est and it's supposedy gonna be back on at 4am so yeh but idk when I'll be back on until we actually get power.. Anyways... How are the new maps working out? Any removed for sucking? And I also have a response to Trevor's ban as well... Well, my opinion really. I honestly think 3 months for at least all from what I know is a bit overkill. Yes, it had the n word in it and is micspam but if every person here was going to be banned for saying something "racist" in their time, I'm almost certain everyone here would be banned. If we removed the ban for GHOSTING and are giving a 3 month ban for just mic spamming, that's honestly fucking stupid. I don't think what he ddid was right but he's playing a song. Am I a racist for liking Tyler, The Creator who frequently says the n word in most all of his songs? It's not about the use of the word, it's about intent and motive. I'm on my shit phone so it's hard as hell to type out and I can't really separate it into multiple paragraphs lel, so huge wall of text it is!
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The topic has been locked.

Re: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215589

I don't want this topic to get too heated, but I will say this:

The reason for the ghosting ban denial was simply the lack of evidence. Looking back at that post, the guy wasn't really ghosting, he was just assuming(or hacking, but we have no proof of that). If the evidence showed him "cheating" and showed a friendship of some kind(ex: Guy A kills Ghoster A. Ghoster B kills Guy A, with no evidence) then a ban would have been put into place.

For Trevor. I was not in the lobby, so I cannot comment on really happened, but I will say this:
Trolling is banable, and if it gets bad enough, lengthy bans can be placed at the admins discretion. In the past, players have been banned for 6 months+ for spamming the same song, so if anything this would be considered a light ban.

As always, you can contact the admin privately to discuss your ban. I suggest you wait a little bit before you do, and think about your actions on the server.
  • GoodGame
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Lovatic

Re: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215590

GoodGame wrote:
I don't want this topic to get too heated, but I will say this:

The reason for the ghosting ban denial was simply the lack of evidence. Looking back at that post, the guy wasn't really ghosting, he was just assuming(or hacking, but we have no proof of that). If the evidence showed him "cheating" and showed a friendship of some kind(ex: Guy A kills Ghoster A. Ghoster B kills Guy A, with no evidence) then a ban would have been put into place.

For Trevor. I was not in the lobby, so I cannot comment on really happened, but I will say this:
Trolling is banable, and if it gets bad enough, lengthy bans can be placed at the admins discretion. In the past, players have been banned for 6 months+ for spamming the same song, so if anything this would be considered a light ban.

As always, you can contact the admin privately to discuss your ban. I suggest you wait a little bit before you do, and think about your actions on the server.
That's why I said as far as Ii know. All he said was he played that song. He never said he gagged him or warned him. Seemingly just a straight up ban. Playing a song isn't trolling. He could've been gagged if he continued then kicked if he continued some more. There have been people on the server who were gagged for playing it then kicked if they'd continued. It's going off of very vague information but just based off what I know, it seems petty and naive to ban someone for playing a song that can simply be resolved by gagging them. People have done and said racist things on the server and were simply muted or gagged. Banning them simply for that is ridiculous.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215591

Alright here, I was on. Trevor and 2 of his friends were on the server. Trevor was kind of being an ass cause he was banned on RP and couldnt go on there to play. Was gagged multiple times and all. Ban may have been a little long, but it shows that no matter who you are, you are not above the rules and will show a point. That point being, dont get banned on RP and come onto TTT to take your anger out. Sorry if this doesnt make sense really xD Its 2 am and I am tired.
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoodGame

Re: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215592

You're doing that assuming thing TTz

From what I saw on GameTracker, I know for a fact that Xera was also on, and I'm pretty sure R0gue was on also. I doubt they would allow Sypher to place a ban due to mic spam(w/ no warnings). If someone that was on during this incident, please clarify what happened.

Edit: Thanks Xera.

I was intending for my reply to be first, but I am typing at the speed of letters per minute.
  • GoodGame
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Lovatic
Last Edit: 9 years, 9 months ago by GoodGame.

Re: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215593

Xeratous wrote:
Alright here, I was on. Trevor and 2 of his friends were on the server. Trevor was kind of being an ass cause he was banned on RP and couldnt go on there to play. Was gagged multiple times and all. Ban may have been a little long, but it shows that no matter who you are, you are not above the rules and will show a point. That point being, dont get banned on RP and come onto TTT to take your anger out. Sorry if this doesnt make sense really xD Its 2 am and I am tired.
Understood, but you could've just kicked him and banned him for a week or so. I undertstand persistence can be annoying but if we banned everyone for 3 months for every petty trolling occasion, an incalculable amount of people would be banned. It just seems like it was blown way out of proportion. @gamer: when have I not? xP I am a hypocrite after all.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 9 years, 9 months ago by Rocinante.

Re: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215596

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Xeratous wrote:
Understood, but you could've just kicked him and banned him for a week or so. I undertstand persistence can be annoying but if we banned everyone for 3 months for every petty trolling occasion, an incalculable amount of people would be banned. It just seems like it was blown way out of proportion. @gamer: when have I not? xP I am a hypocrite after all.

I was actually dealing with one of his friends who rdm and left xD Sypher handle the banning there and I thought it was only going to be for a few weeks but what happened happend xD

Also jeez get better power already!
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO
Last Edit: 9 years, 9 months ago by Xeratous.

Re: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215597

Xeratous wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Xeratous wrote:

I was actually dealing with one of his friends who rdm and left xD Sypher handle the banning there and I thought it was only going to be for a few weeks but what happened happend xD

Also jeez get better power already!
It's not my fault lightning strikes hit power lines. at least that's what I assumed what haappened. If that's the case then the ban needs to be reduced because it's ridiculously and unnecessarily long.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215598

Let me put my word in, I was gagged once, then stopped completely. The whole thing about RP was someone said in voice that I was from the RP server so I said yeah I was, but I was banned. I played the sound, got gagged, then moved on. After a few mins I left to go play a different server, tried to play a few days later, and was banned.
  • Trevor
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215605

Trevor wrote:
Let me put my word in, I was gagged once, then stopped completely. The whole thing about RP was someone said in voice that I was from the RP server so I said yeah I was, but I was banned. I played the sound, got gagged, then moved on. After a few mins I left to go play a different server, tried to play a few days later, and was banned.
If what you're saying is true, then you shouldn't have been banned at all. If you were already punished in game and then left, there was absolutely no reason for the ban.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

H. P. Lovecraft
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds