Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Melons second super admin app

Melons second super admin app 9 years, 10 months ago #212909

First off can I have this moved over to the TTT section of the forums I forgot to change it from anything goes xD

So as a lot of you know I have been asking round and taking in your advice, so here it is my second SA app

Steam Name: |FP|melon Jack uk

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:62129272

Current Position: ADMIN

How long have you had this position: first got the rank in September for 2 weeks
This time around iv had it for just under 2 months so altogether 2 months

Why do you deserve a promotion?: I deserve a promotion because I am a friendly cheerful admin who just wants the best for the server, everyday when I get on I strive to get the server up and running and try to make sure everyone has a great time. Last time I applied I agree I didn't really have many bans but now I have many and some are perma this shows that in that month I have used my powers and I know how to use them. I feel that this promotion will help the server because some of the time I'm the highest rank on and the sever players says "melon can we please stay on this map" however vote map isn't enough because it kinda messes up. Also in this month I have gotten really active being on 6 out of 7 days a week for the past month this shows I am active plus this isn't my peak of activity because British summer holidays don't start for another 5 weeks.

What extra do you add to the server: I feel that I am a friendly face to new guests on the server also as I am only 14 it would look great to new guests to see that someone of my age can be a super admin this shows that anyone can because a SA with work, also as part of the extra I am going to make a list of all suggested suggestions this will make find suggestions a lot easier in the meeting I will get to work straight away with it.

Thank you for reading my app

All feedback is great

--melon
  • Melon jack uk
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Fix the melon launchers!!
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

BEEN STAFF ON TTT SINCE MAY 2013
Last Edit: 9 years, 10 months ago by Melon jack uk.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Melons second super admin app 9 years, 10 months ago #212910

Can I have this moved to TTT section plz ahh I'm so stupid
  • Melon jack uk
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Melons second super admin app 9 years, 10 months ago #212951

I promised you I'd give my opinion once you posted an app. So to be perfectly honest, I'mma have to say -Support. This may end up sounding harsher than I want it to, so know I'm trying to be as helpful as I can, though I will be a bit blunt as well.

- You gotta be more confident in yourself. Whenever someone is a jerk to you, for whatever their reason, or for no reason as some seem to, you tend to get a bit flustered, trying to make everything right. It's good that you're doing your best to make as many as possible happy, but always remember, hater's gonna hate, and you're never gonna be friends with everyone.

- This also goes with using your powers, and no, not just bans. You tend to seem very unsure as to how certain situations, still asking others about how to go about something. It's great that you're trying to learn, but constantly asking about situations is really something I'd expect more from a new Trusted, not an SA. We trust you with your powers, so just trust in your better judgement, and if you make a mistake, the worst that will happen is someone gets with you and talks about it.

- Calm down a little with the social part. Again, it's great that you're out there and being open to all players, but it's not really involving them if there isn't much of a gap for them to talk too. Just yesterday you had to be gagged because you kept talking about the football(soccer) game. Normally, that's fine and dandy, but when there are 20 other people on, it's hard enough to get half a word in anyways. If you notice, I pretty much never use my mic when there's more than 15, due to the fact that so many people using it as well, and it gets to be an ear rape after a while.

- Personally, this may just seem like a pet peeve of mine, but honestly, it seems more like you care most about the title, rather than the actual job that goes with it. "I am only 14 it would look great to new guests to see that someone of my age can be a super admin this shows that anyone can because a SA with work" makes me think that you really just want the rank to show off to others. Whether or not this is the case, it still the feeling I get from it.

Just generally, I don't think you're ready for SA yet. It's still too soon mate, especially considering your other app was denied just this past meeting, with the main reason being that it was far too soon. No matter what, best of luck to you, it's always been great playing with you.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melon jack uk, Rocinante

Re: Melons second super admin app 9 years, 10 months ago #212952

Slyther wrote:
I promised you I'd give my opinion once you posted an app. So to be perfectly honest, I'mma have to say -Support. This may end up sounding harsher than I want it to, so know I'm trying to be as helpful as I can, though I will be a bit blunt as well.

- You gotta be more confident in yourself. Whenever someone is a jerk to you, for whatever their reason, or for no reason as some seem to, you tend to get a bit flustered, trying to make everything right. It's good that you're doing your best to make as many as possible happy, but always remember, hater's gonna hate, and you're never gonna be friends with everyone.

- This also goes with using your powers, and no, not just bans. You tend to seem very unsure as to how certain situations, still asking others about how to go about something. It's great that you're trying to learn, but constantly asking about situations is really something I'd expect more from a new Trusted, not an SA. We trust you with your powers, so just trust in your better judgement, and if you make a mistake, the worst that will happen is someone gets with you and talks about it.

- Calm down a little with the social part. Again, it's great that you're out there and being open to all players, but it's not really involving them if there isn't much of a gap for them to talk too. Just yesterday you had to be gagged because you kept talking about the football(soccer) game. Normally, that's fine and dandy, but when there are 20 other people on, it's hard enough to get half a word in anyways. If you notice, I pretty much never use my mic when there's more than 15, due to the fact that so many people using it as well, and it gets to be an ear rape after a while.

- Personally, this may just seem like a pet peeve of mine, but honestly, it seems more like you care most about the title, rather than the actual job that goes with it. "I am only 14 it would look great to new guests to see that someone of my age can be a super admin this shows that anyone can because a SA with work" makes me think that you really just want the rank to show off to others. Whether or not this is the case, it still the feeling I get from it.

Just generally, I don't think you're ready for SA yet. It's still too soon mate, especially considering your other app was denied just this past meeting, with the main reason being that it was far too soon. No matter what, best of luck to you, it's always been great playing with you.
Gonna have to agree with everything Sly said here and -support as well.

You just need to be more sure of yourself. How can we have a SA that's timid and doesn't know when they're sure of themselves and is able to go through things without second guessing themselves?

Also, as Sly said as well. I've always had the impression that you're just staff for the rank. I've seen you gloat about it multiple times and it just seems like you want the rank just for the title.

I also don't really know what you add that's special and would make you a SA that stands out from the crowd and is unique. What can you do that the others can't?
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melon jack uk

Re: Melons second super admin app 9 years, 10 months ago #212975

I understand both of your points and I will try to improve, about the what extra do you add I never wanted anyone to get the impression that I got the rank for the title the whole reason I wanted SA was to make the server better, but I can see where your points are coming from.
  • Melon jack uk
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Melons second super admin app 9 years, 10 months ago #212982

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
What can you do that the others can't?

I will bite my tongue on what Slyther and Professor have said here, for I'm sure you'll take it to heart and change as you see fit if you do agree with their opinions. I'm also not going to plus or minus support, but instead offer a main reason why you were denied last time, and run the risk of being denied this time. What Professor said in that quote above is not entirely accurate, though on the right path. As was voted on and accepted under staff guidelines, to become a SA, you have to bring something extra. This is not necessarily something that others can't do, though yes, it may just turn out to be like that.

Last time you offered your experience, but at this phase, we all have that needed experience, and doing a job to the best of our ability is already expected of us, and not necessarily considered as "something extra". This time, you offer something similar, being an image/idol to the younger crowd, realizing that they too can have potential, and maybe become FP members and sign up for staff. While this does seem to be a positive, it is as well not "something extra" that you could add, but instead just a potential outcome of receiving the rank.

I will not tell you what you can do that is extra, for that's no fair to other admin who apply for SA, but take a look at some examples. Slyther offered to help with coding if he got the position, while he has not ever taken a part in it (sorry for the callout Sly), it was and still is an offer of something extra than staff he'd be willing to partake in. Xeratous offered to be active, which wasn't enough for a reason, but then also offered to maintain a staff list, however with a slow server and busy schedules the activity requirements were dropped and are still outstanding (as in on hold, not impressive). I've offered up my loyalty program, which hopefully can be in the works soon, have hosted 2 meetings, co-hosted 4, rewritten the rules, made guidelines, set up trusted boot camp, maintain the application list, work as a right hand man for whatever the current owner needs, and even as recently as this week spent a total of 8 hours manually going through the ban list updating each one individually as per new banning guidelines in order to avoid about 50 community bans/hackers from being unbanned with an automatic clean wipe.

You obviously don't have to do as much, but any of these examples hopefully can spark ideas of a "something extra" that you could offer. I've graduated with a management degree and am going for a project management and six sigma certificate in order to improve processes yes, but as you pride yourself in, you're 14, and you know what they say, the imagination of the young is limitless. So I'm sure you'll come up with something

(now it's time to look at your app for the forums Professor, so you're next)

Good luck buddy.

--->Pony
  • Pony
  • Legendary Member

Re: Melons second super admin app 9 years, 10 months ago #213001

It's not really about "needing" a promotion, it's about deserving one. super admin doesn't have alot more powers than regular admin but I believe Jack is ready and deserves more powers, he's active one of the greatest admins, friendly, dedicated and trys to help populating the server as much as possible.
  • Slappy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • le penis
don't ban me please

Re: Melons second super admin app 9 years, 10 months ago #213013

iv now added a new part to my "extra" bit, thanks everyone for the advice it helps a lot. My new part to the extra bit is making a list of all the suggested suggestions for that month it will make finding suggestions a lot easier in the meeting.

This is it: www.friendlyplayers.com/index.php?option...13014&Itemid=426
  • Melon jack uk
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP

Last Edit: 9 years, 10 months ago by Melon jack uk.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds