Username Password: Remember me

[TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211975

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Jochs wrote:
Sypher40 wrote:
Looking back, it seems I may be able to make it after all! I might end up joining late though.

On the whole Skype vs. TeamSpeak thing, I just want to say this:

We're not relying on another server.
Easier to moderate who comes in.

Cons: P2P (Peer to Peer) We rely on our internet, one guy with sucky internet can ruin the call.
You must have people as friends so they can join.

TeamSpeak:
Pros: Not P2P, we're using the FP server as a midway point. This sounds slower, but is much faster.
Easier for people to join, they just need to know the time and IP adress. (ts.friendlyplayers.com)
Easier to remove trouble makers. TeamSpeak staff (Myself, Jochs, EMP, Viking, Sora, Jose, etc) can kick/ban if people cause issues in the meeting. Thankfully this has never happened yet and hopefully won't ever.

Cons: Anyone with a server staff rank can join. (This can be solved by putting a password on the room.)
Less used than Skype.
We rely on the FP server, during a DDoS the meeting can't go on.

I'll leave it up to you guys to form your opinions.

You can set the channels so that only TTT staff are able to join. Also, if there is some unlikely chance that we'll get ddos'd, then we would just move to Skype, that simple.
I mean if we have no choice in the matter of Teamspeak or Skype then I'd use it, I and a lot of other people would just prefer Skype since most of us never use it and are actually familiar with Skype. Why fix something that ain't broke?

Personally, I prefer skype just because its more user friendly, but we have some hidden settings on the staff channels so no one can really disturb us and even if they do we can just easily ban them. We're most likely going to have the meeting on team speak. Also, most of us don't have the best internet to support a huge call. Also with teamspeak if anyone one trolls its alot easier to remove them from the meeting then it is skype.
  • Jose
  • Former Owner
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your CSGO Master
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

The topic has been locked.

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211978

Slappy wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:
You can set the channels so that only TTT staff are able to join. Also, if there is some unlikely chance that we'll get ddos'd, then we would just move to Skype, that simple.
I mean if we have no choice in the matter of Teamspeak or Skype then I'd use it, I and a lot of other people would just prefer Skype since most of us never use it and are actually familiar with Skype. Why fix something that ain't broke?

because teamspeak is way more comfortable easyer, and everyone should already have it. It's easy to familiarize. I don't see how you have to make such a drama off it.
I'm not making drama, I'm simply voicing my thoughts and opinion on what medium the call should be hosted on.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by Rocinante.

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211980

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Slappy wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:

because teamspeak is way more comfortable easyer, and everyone should already have it. It's easy to familiarize. I don't see how you have to make such a drama off it.
I'm not making drama, I'm simply voicing my thoughts and opinion on what medium the call should be hosted on.

Always trying to start arguments and flame wars.
  • Slappy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • le penis
don't ban me please

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211981

Slappy wrote:

And you're always responding to it. If you just let someone state their opinion, things would rarely end up in an argument. Sorta goes for both of you actually.

Anyways, I'd prefer Skype to be honest, but I'm willing to try out Teamspeak. As I said before, if the majority doesn't like it, we can just move back.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by Slyther.

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211984

Slappy wrote:

Alright I normally don't have a problem with what you say Slappy, but this just pissed me off. Prof was just giving his opinion on it and you call it arguing. So on the suggestion thread where you disagreed about the trip mines being colored should I say you are just trying to start a flame war or argue pointlessly? Cause that is pretty much what you are saying by saying Prof just wants to start flame wars because he gave his opinion.
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slyther

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211985

I would also prefer to use Skype, as a lot of people are familiar with it, and everyone knows how to use it, but I don't mind using teamspeak if the meeting is hosted on teamspeak.
  • Melon jack uk
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Fix the melon launchers!!

BEEN STAFF ON TTT SINCE MAY 2013

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211988

I personally don't care what we use, as both TeamSpeak and Skype are broken in their own ways. I would like to use TeamSpeak since its "Push-to-Talk" actually works, but I'm fine with Skype if needed(and Derpy, tell your cousins to shut up ).
  • GoodGame
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Lovatic

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211993

Slappy wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Slappy wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:

That irony just knocked me out of my chair.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #212008

• Slappy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • le penis
don't ban me please

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #212014

GoodGame wrote:
I personally don't care what we use, as both TeamSpeak and Skype are broken in their own ways. I would like to use TeamSpeak since its "Push-to-Talk" actually works, but I'm fine with Skype if needed(and Derpy, tell your cousins to shut up ).

Yea, my bad. That shouldn't happen again since I'm not it Texas anymore.
  • Corsair911
  • Gold Boarder

"Ex Luna Scientia"
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds