Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

[TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211781

Malarkeylam wrote:
this is bugging me right now 330 pm est time (230 pm central time), or is it am?

It better be pm! I am not getting up at one in the morning just to go to a meeting.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
The topic has been locked.

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211788

Slyther wrote:
Malarkeylam wrote:
this is bugging me right now 330 pm est time (230 pm central time), or is it am?

It better be pm! I am not getting up at one in the morning just to go to a meeting.
1am is prime time.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211835

I may be able to make it. I feel like if I say I am for sure going to be there, something will come up like it always does, so I am a probably.
  • JessePinkman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Investigate 3/11
Former FP TTT Admin

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211951

won't be at the meeting. I have a Drill on that day now.

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211955

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Slyther wrote:

Anyways, I'll be there.

And Gamer, I'd probably bet on Teamspeak as the RP meeting was hosted there as well, and a lot of people seem to prefer it.
Teamspeak is a lot less secure and I'd honestly rather not get to know a program I'd only use once a month, if even that.
it's not like you're talking about secret Government files, you're discussing a video game. And all you have to do is talk in the mic.
  • Granny
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211957

Meh, it's up to Jochs, who said we're using Teamspeak unless too many people complain, which is when we'll switch to Skype. I'm personally fine with trying it out just to compare. If it sucks we can go back to Skype.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211958

Looking back, it seems I may be able to make it after all! I might end up joining late though.

On the whole Skype vs. TeamSpeak thing, I just want to say this:

We're not relying on another server.
Easier to moderate who comes in.

Cons: P2P (Peer to Peer) We rely on our internet, one guy with sucky internet can ruin the call.
You must have people as friends so they can join.

TeamSpeak:
Pros: Not P2P, we're using the FP server as a midway point. This sounds slower, but is much faster.
Easier for people to join, they just need to know the time and IP adress. (ts.friendlyplayers.com)
Easier to remove trouble makers. TeamSpeak staff (Myself, Jochs, EMP, Viking, Sora, Jose, etc) can kick/ban if people cause issues in the meeting. Thankfully this has never happened yet and hopefully won't ever.

Cons: Anyone with a server staff rank can join. (This can be solved by putting a password on the room.)
Less used than Skype.
We rely on the FP server, during a DDoS the meeting can't go on.

I'll leave it up to you guys to form your opinions.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211961

Sypher40 wrote:
Looking back, it seems I may be able to make it after all! I might end up joining late though.

Cons: P2P (Peer to Peer) We rely on our internet, one guy with sucky internet can ruin the call.

TeamSpeak:
Pros: Not P2P, we're using the FP server as a midway point. This sounds slower, but is much faster.
Easier for people to join, they just need to know the time and IP adress. (ts.friendlyplayers.com)
Easier to remove trouble makers. TeamSpeak staff (Myself, Jochs, EMP, Viking, Sora, Jose, etc) can kick/ban if people cause issues in the meeting. Thankfully this has never happened yet and hopefully won't ever.

Cons: Anyone with a server staff rank can join. (This can be solved by putting a password on the room.)
Less used than Skype.

You can set the channels so that only TTT staff are able to join. Also, if there is some unlikely chance that we'll get ddos'd, then we would just move to Skype, that simple.
  • Jochs
  • Former Owner
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slappy

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211972

Jochs wrote:
Sypher40 wrote:

TeamSpeak:

Less used than Skype.

You can set the channels so that only TTT staff are able to join. Also, if there is some unlikely chance that we'll get ddos'd, then we would just move to Skype, that simple.
I mean if we have no choice in the matter of Teamspeak or Skype then I'd use it, I and a lot of other people would just prefer Skype since most of us never use it and are actually familiar with Skype. Why fix something that ain't broke?
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melon jack uk, Xeratous

Re: [TTT] June 2014 Meeting Announcement 9 years, 11 months ago #211974

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
I mean if we have no choice in the matter of Teamspeak or Skype then I'd use it, I and a lot of other people would just prefer Skype since most of us never use it and are actually familiar with Skype. Why fix something that ain't broke?[/quote]

because teamspeak is way more comfortable easyer, and everyone should already have it. It's easy to familiarize. I don't see how you have to make such a drama off it.
  • Slappy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • le penis
don't ban me please
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds