Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Updating TTT

Re: Updating TTT 10 years ago #210760

Slyther wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Slyther wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:
I'm talking about things that were already in the game and should be there right now, not stuff that is going to be added.

The problem is, there are a lot of people who thought that what we had was too much to be considered 'slight customization.' A meeting would be useful so we could talk about what from before should be re-added back in ASAP, and what we should just leave out and start from scratch.
I don't know how admin commands, right clicking names to open profiles, and colored names in the tab menu is considered "too much"

Sigh.... I'm not talking about little things, I'm talking about everything as a whole...

Besides, bigger things that everyone wants back, like the Jihad and such, should take precedence over things that'll just make your life easier. That's why we need a meeting, so we can decide what is the most urgent to add....
Then you missed the entire point of my original post because I was never talking about that. I never even mentioned those. I only mentioned things that are for administrative purposes. I couldn't care less about the other things.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 10 years ago by Rocinante.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Updating TTT 10 years ago #210761

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Slyther wrote:
Sigh.... I'm not talking about little things, I'm talking about everything as a whole...

Besides, bigger things that everyone wants back, like the Jihad and such, should take precedence over things that'll just make your life easier. That's why we need a meeting, so we can decide what is the most urgent to add....
Then you missed the entire point of my original post because I was never talking about that. I never even mentioned those. I only mentioned things that are for administrative purposes. I couldn't care less about the other things.

I think you missed my point too.

Besides, bigger things that everyone wants back, like the Jihad and such, should take precedence over things that'll just make your life easier.

I meant the administrative things that only make a shortcut for us to use, rather than something that can be used and enjoyed by everyone, should honestly be the last priority. It's not hard to deal with things without those, so we should focus on making as many as possible happy first, rather than ourselves.

Also, Gamer I understand what you mean. Personally I just tend to prefer to call it that for lack of a better word.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
Last Edit: 10 years ago by Slyther.

Re: Updating TTT 10 years ago #210763

Slyther wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Slyther wrote:

Besides, bigger things that everyone wants back, like the Jihad and such, should take precedence over things that'll just make your life easier.

I meant the administrative things that only make a shortcut for us to use, rather than something that can be used and enjoyed by everyone, should honestly be the last priority. It's not hard to deal with things without those, so we should focus on making as many as possible happy first, rather than ourselves.

Also, Gamer I understand what you mean. Personally I just tend to prefer to call it that for lack of a better word.

Ok, I've finished my sitting back and spectating. Sly, I totally agree. As a player with no intentions of becoming Trusted (as of now, and the only thing that would really make me want to become one is an important meeting that I would like to play a part in) But really, how often do you have to slay that you NEED a shortcut to do? Isn't it more important to make the game more enjoyable to everyone rather than staff? There are so many things I can think of that could make the server better, including the obvious stuff... Also, think why you became staff. Was it to help others, or to have a feeling of respect? Because personally, half the reason I don't want to become staff on many things is that people just suck up to you a lot of the time. Now, I've never seen this in TTT but I sure as hell have seen it on JB and stuff... Its pretty much like having a boss.

That is all. Grim <3.
  • cringe name
  • Expert Boarder
kill me please
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slyther

Re: Updating TTT 10 years ago #210767

Supreme Overlord Grim wrote:
Slyther wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Slyther wrote:

Ok, I've finished my sitting back and spectating. Sly, I totally agree. As a player with no intentions of becoming Trusted (as of now, and the only thing that would really make me want to become one is an important meeting that I would like to play a part in) But really, how often do you have to slay that you NEED a shortcut to do? Isn't it more important to make the game more enjoyable to everyone rather than staff? There are so many things I can think of that could make the server better, including the obvious stuff... Also, think why you became staff. Was it to help others, or to have a feeling of respect? Because personally, half the reason I don't want to become staff on many things is that people just suck up to you a lot of the time. Now, I've never seen this in TTT but I sure as hell have seen it on JB and stuff... Its pretty much like having a boss.

That is all. Grim <3.
It's not a shortcut and it annoys me when people assume that just because it makes something easier that it is automatically a shortcut and is for people who are lazy; that couldn't be farther for the truth. When there are close to 40 people on the server and people rdm, it's a bitch and a half to try to remember who did what especially when you're the only staff member on and there are a lot of rulebreakers. When you have multiple people obviously rdming in the middle of a round and you're currently alive and playing, it isn't easy remembering each and every name to slay before the round is over because usually you have to wait like 5 minutes before you can slay them. Not to mention that you have to ask the person why they rdmed and 90% of the time they never answer until it's about a minute into the round and time to slay them. When you slaynr them, they most always immediately react to that because they know you're not bluffing and actually believe you're going to use your powers. It is NOT a shortcut and anyone who believes that needs to think again. It used to MANAGE people in game and PROVOKE a response out of people who are unwilling to cooperate. When you have multiple people to question and slay, you don't have much time to input the command and question them before it's too late. I'm sorry if I come off as hostile, it just annoys me when people say that a command which is meant to make your job easier and less stressful is seen as a shortcut for lazy staff.

It doesn't matter how often you need to use it(if it actually did matter, then you could render a majority of the commands defunct), it's about being prepared for extreme situations which require it.

This has nothing to do with making the game more fun and enjoyable. It's about doing what you signed up to do. Which is help moderate the server. You went off on a completely unrelated tangent and I have literally zero idea as to what you're talking about when it comes to helping others to help them or earn respect. Everybody has their own reasons for becoming staff. You're going to find kissasses no matter what. They're unavoidable. So to not become staff because of them is pointless.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 10 years ago by Rocinante.

Re: Updating TTT 9 years, 12 months ago #210794

I'm going to hold off on my opinion.

I'd be willing to host a meeting next Saturday if needed. Finals are still happening for a lot of you I know, and I've just finished up school myself and am going to enjoy a week of downtime. I'd be willing to set up something like we had in the December meeting if you all enjoyed that. Just let me know if you need my help Jose.

--->Pony
  • Pony
  • Legendary Member
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melon jack uk

Re: Updating TTT 9 years, 12 months ago #210858

@Prof Tits
I'll have to double check to game code to make sure, but I'm pretty sure you can do this:
!slay "personA, personB, personC" <reason>
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.

Re: Updating TTT 9 years, 12 months ago #210873

I agree, and see your point but...

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
When there are close to 40 people on the server and people rdm, it's a bitch and a half to try to remember who did what especially when you're the only staff member on and there are a lot of rulebreakers. When you have multiple people obviously rdming in the middle of a round and you're currently alive and playing, it isn't easy remembering each and every name to slay before the round is over because usually you have to wait like 5 minutes before you can slay them. Not to mention that you have to ask the person why they rdmed and 90% of the time they never answer until it's about a minute into the round and time to slay them.

40 people:one staff? Unlikely. If this were to happen though, I would have thought the server would be better and probably have such commands by then though.
  • cringe name
  • Expert Boarder
kill me please
Last Edit: 9 years, 12 months ago by cringe name.

Re: Updating TTT 9 years, 12 months ago #210874

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
When there are close to 40 people on the server and people rdm, it's a bitch and a half to try to remember who did what especially when you're the only staff member on and there are a lot of rulebreakers. When you have multiple people obviously rdming in the middle of a round and you're currently alive and playing, it isn't easy remembering each and every name to slay before the round is over because usually you have to wait like 5 minutes before you can slay them. Not to mention that you have to ask the person why they rdmed and 90% of the time they never answer until it's about a minute into the round and time to slay them.

40 people:one staff? Unlikely. If this were to happen though, I would have thought the server would be better and probably have such commands by then though.

Oh it's not as unlikely as you think. Last summer I had a few days where it was just me on with a shit ton of people xD. Oh those were the days
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO

Re: Updating TTT 9 years, 12 months ago #210875

Vulpes Inculta wrote:

We did have those commands. And then the server got reset because of the update. And now I'm trying to get them back ASAP. We don't need to have a meeting to get those commands back is what I'm trying to say.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: Updating TTT 9 years, 12 months ago #210876

Vulpes Inculta wrote:

Vulpes Inculta wrote:

We did have those commands. And then the server got reset because of the update. And now I'm trying to get them back ASAP. We don't need to have a meeting to get those commands back is what I'm trying to say.

I have a copy of the !slaynr, !fspec, etc commands. If Jose wants to add them know, I can send them over.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds