Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Updating TTT

Updating TTT 10 years ago #210723

It's been ages since the new update for Gmod came out, can we please get TTT updated? We're missing a plethora of vital commands that help make our job A LOT easier. Such as !slaynr and the right clicking of names to open their profile.

Can we at least give Kittai access to FDL again so he can update it? Someone?

It's starting to become DarkRP. e.e
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craccoo

Re: Updating TTT 10 years ago #210727

I think Kittai has a lot of personal stuff going on right now and that's why he gave ownership back to Josie. But uh yes would really love that right click to open up profiles thing back cause that was awesome. Also meeting
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO

Re: Updating TTT 10 years ago #210728

We probably won't have any form of update until we have a meeting, because none of us actually know what exactly should be re-added. So my guess is push for a meeting first.

As for the admin features that make it easier, I don't really mind them gone, tbh. They'd be nice if they were to be added again, sure, but how it is now means you actually have to pay attention to people you plan on slaying, and you have to actually look people up, which is how it was before, neither of which are hard and we got through fine without it before. It's like the jumppack, how people got a little 'too' used to having that safety net that they still jump off buildings expecting it to catch them.

Also, as Xera said, for now Kittai's out of the picture. He's busy with his own stuff right now, so it's up to Jose to keep things running again.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
Last Edit: 10 years ago by Slyther.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melon jack uk

Re: Updating TTT 10 years ago #210731

I'm waiting till I can make a meeting, so we can decide on what were doing with that vote on slightly modified ext. I couldn't do a meeting this weekend because I was busy and had no one else that could do it.

Edit: Also, I've recently remade my computer with pretty much took everything out and put new stuff in so I don't have the old files. I'd have to redo a decent amount before an update came out.
  • Jose
  • Former Owner
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your CSGO Master

Last Edit: 10 years ago by Jose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slyther

Re: Updating TTT 10 years ago #210744

Slyther wrote:
We probably won't have any form of update until we have a meeting, because none of us actually know what exactly should be re-added. So my guess is push for a meeting first.

As for the admin features that make it easier, I don't really mind them gone, tbh. They'd be nice if they were to be added again, sure, but how it is now means you actually have to pay attention to people you plan on slaying, and you have to actually look people up, which is how it was before, neither of which are hard and we got through fine without it before. It's like the jumppack, how people got a little 'too' used to having that safety net that they still jump off buildings expecting it to catch them.

Also, as Xera said, for now Kittai's out of the picture. He's busy with his own stuff right now, so it's up to Jose to keep things running again.
I'm talking about things that were already in the game and should be there right now, not stuff that is going to be added.

@Jose Sounds gud.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: Updating TTT 10 years ago #210747

Kittai's busy playin that 07scape
  • KreeG
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Updating TTT 10 years ago #210751

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
I'm talking about things that were already in the game and should be there right now, not stuff that is going to be added.

The problem is, there are a lot of people who thought that what we had was too much to be considered 'slight customization.' A meeting would be useful so we could talk about what from before should be re-added back in ASAP, and what we should just leave out and start from scratch.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

Re: Updating TTT 10 years ago #210752

Slyther wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:

The problem is, there are a lot of people who thought that what we had was too much to be considered 'slight customization.' A meeting would be useful so we could talk about what from before should be re-added back in ASAP, and what we should just leave out and start from scratch.
I don't know how admin commands, right clicking names to open profiles, and colored names in the tab menu is considered "too much"
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: Updating TTT 10 years ago #210754

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Slyther wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:

I don't know how admin commands, right clicking names to open profiles, and colored names in the tab menu is considered "too much"

Sigh.... I'm not talking about little things, I'm talking about everything as a whole...

Besides, bigger things that everyone wants back, like the Jihad and such, should take precedence over things that'll just make your life easier. That's why we need a meeting, so we can decide what is the most urgent to add....
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God

Last Edit: 10 years ago by Slyther.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoodGame

Re: Updating TTT 10 years ago #210756

I have more to say about this, but for now I will say this: I think we should ditch the "slightly customized" name that we are calling things. "Slightly customized" is not a standard measurement and varies in meaning depending on the person. What is "slight" to one person will be completely different to another.
  • GoodGame
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Lovatic
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds