TOPIC: Melons super admin app

Melons super admin app 9 years, 12 months ago #210340

Steam Name: |FP|melon jack uk

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:62129272

Current Position: admin

How long have you had this position: the first time I had admin- 2 weeks,
This time: 1 month 2 weeks,
Altogether 2 months

Why do you deserve a promotion?: I feel that I should become a super admin because I can deal with all of my current powers, so I feel that I could handle the promo, with the summer coming up and all of my exams out of the way I think that I will be at max activity so I will be on the server a lot, plus with summer a lot of people will be active so there will be more people to monitor, plus I have had lots of hours on the server as admin and I have banned a lot of rule breakers.

Also as super admin you need to add something extra to the server so I think that I add experience, as I have been staff for a year now, plus I know how to use my powers well so I can handle the additional powers. Plus I get along with all our staff and our regulars so I don't clash with anyone.

Thank you for reading my promotion app

--------melon
  • Melon jack uk
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Fix the melon launchers!!
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

BEEN STAFF ON TTT SINCE MAY 2013
Last Edit: 9 years, 12 months ago by Melon jack uk.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Melons super admin app 9 years, 12 months ago #210343

I don't believe your active enough looking at your gametracker, aswell as I don't think you need powers when there is never anyone on the server.
  • Slappy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • le penis
don't ban me please
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melon jack uk

Re: Melons super admin app 9 years, 12 months ago #210344

Alright Melon you know I like you as a person and think of you as a pretty good friend but -support

For the past month you only have roughly 8.75 hours on the server. I understand that the server has been sorta of dead for the past few months but you should always try to just jump on the server and get people on even if there isnt anybody on there already.

When I have seen you on the server I rarely have seen you actually use your powers. The most likely reason for this is because for the most part its just been staff and our loyal regulars who know the rules and dont break them on the server.

You have also only had your admin position for about a month. I am pretty sure that most people who applied for SA waited at least 3+ months before applying.

Honestly there really isnt anything to great about the SA position TBH. The only useful thing I have seen was the anti cheat command. Also considering that the 2 most active staff are SA we dont really have a need for another with the server how it is now.
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO

Re: Melons super admin app 9 years, 12 months ago #210345

Xeratous wrote:
Alright Melon you know I like you as a person and think of you as a pretty good friend but -support

For the past month you only have roughly 8.75 hours on the server. I understand that the server has been sorta of dead for the past few months but you should always try to just jump on the server and get people on even if there isnt anybody on there already.

When I have seen you on the server I rarely have seen you actually use your powers. The most likely reason for this is because for the most part its just been staff and our loyal regulars who know the rules and dont break them on the server.

You have also only had your admin position for about a month. I am pretty sure that most people who applied for SA waited at least 3+ months before applying.

Honestly there really isnt anything to great about the SA position TBH. The only useful thing I have seen was the anti cheat command. Also considering that the 2 most active staff are SA we dont really have a need for another with the server how it is now.
Pretty much all of what Xera said.

With the current server activity, it isn't needed. Not to mention there are admins who have been admin far longer than you have been consecutively. It's way too early and like I've said before, it gives the impression that you're power hungry( didn't say you ARE power hungry, just gives the impression that you are).

And again, like Xera said, I never see you use your powers. I even went through the ban list( I like to look through it when I'm bored sometimes) and don't recall seeing that many bans to your name.

So yeh, -support. GL
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 9 years, 12 months ago by Rocinante.

Re: Melons super admin app 9 years, 12 months ago #210349

Pretty much what the others said. Considering it's only been one month since you've gotten admin, and I still rarely see you use powers, I don't think you're ready to have the highest possible rank available. Especially since you don't really get anything extra from the rank itself, it's more of an honorary title, so for the same reasons, you still have yet to prove you deserve it.

Contrary to what the others think though, know I'm not taking how popular the server is or how often the other SA's play into consideration, as it's always helpful to high ranking staff on, no matter who or how many are on with you.

Maybe if you wait longer, like Xera and I did to honestly debate and work towards the rank, who knows what the outcome will be. But for now, despite how awesome you are, I'mma have to say -Support as well.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.

Re: Melons super admin app 9 years, 12 months ago #210354

Xeratous wrote:
For the past month you only have roughly 8.75 hours on the server.

I'm not going to vote on this Melon for I've only been able to play with you maybe once or twice since you've gotten admin, but if I might be allowed to clarify on what both Slappy and Xeratous are saying on your activity.

From my understanding, gametracker only takes into account the hours played when you have the ability to score, i.e, not in spectate. However, if you are the only player on the server, stuck in spectate, gametracker does not pick up on it. I check gametracker every day while taking quick breaks from work, and maybe every other day see Melon sitting on the server mid day with over an hour of waiting time added up. It will never show on gametracker since he never gets a score, but in the past month, blaming timezones I guess, I've seen Melon on at least 25 hours just waiting for others to join. Good luck Melon.

--->Pony
  • Pony
  • Legendary Member

Re: Melons super admin app 9 years, 12 months ago #210356

Im gonna stay neutral on this, and furthermore I will keep my reasons to myself.

Good luck ^ . ^
  • cringe name
  • Expert Boarder
kill me please

Re: Melons super admin app 9 years, 12 months ago #210357

Pony wrote:
Xeratous wrote:

I'm not going to vote on this Melon for I've only been able to play with you maybe once or twice since you've gotten admin, but if I might be allowed to clarify on what both Slappy and Xeratous are saying on your activity.

From my understanding, gametracker only takes into account the hours played when you have the ability to score, i.e, not in spectate. However, if you are the only player on the server, stuck in spectate, gametracker does not pick up on it. I check gametracker every day while taking quick breaks from work, and maybe every other day see Melon sitting on the server mid day with over an hour of waiting time added up. It will never show on gametracker since he never gets a score, but in the past month, blaming timezones I guess, I've seen Melon on at least 25 hours just waiting for others to join. Good luck Melon.

--->Pony
I see your point, but spectating =/= playing. It's just empty hours, which is why it doesn't count.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: Melons super admin app 9 years, 12 months ago #210361

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Pony wrote:
Xeratous wrote:

--->Pony
I see your point, but spectating =/= playing. It's just empty hours, which is why it doesn't count.

Maybe it doesn't count in the same way, but they still mean something. It means that melon is still getting on and trying his best to invite others onto the server with him. Whether or not it works doesn't really matter, the point is he's actually trying, which is more than I can say for most of us (Myself included).
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.

Re: Melons super admin app 9 years, 11 months ago #210494

Okay, I just went through the entire ban list while I was bored and dead and I went through EVERY SINGLE ONE. I ordered them alphabetically based off name and not one. single. ban. was from Melon Jack. What does this show me? You rarely ever use your powers.

If you're going to be Super Admin, you need to use your powers.

Granted, there could've been times where you've banned people temporarily and they were unbanned but I'd still expect at least ONE perma ban but there were ZERO. Use your powers.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by Rocinante.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds