Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Slight Customization? (Past Stuff)

Slight Customization? (Past Stuff) 10 years, 1 month ago #208038

Alright guys, we already have 8 pages of suggestions, and as many of you know, we have also gotten a new point shop recently, on top of a full server reset after a gmod update. I have only been taking notes on meetings really since last September, so any time before that even if I helped in a meeting I wasn’t given the responsibility to host/co-host or take notes on. That being said, below is a list of everything not overly controversial in past topics that we have agreed upon at some point or other to be added within the past few months. Some things made it in, others were waitlisted. There’s a list of about 70 other maps we never even got around to voting on cus there’s already enough, those will not be in the list below.

That being said, there are a number of things to consider. Overall, the majority vote based on Kittai’s pole offered a preference towards only some customization to the server. We do have a new point shop with a few skins, a decent amount of hats and masks, and some new stuff such as auras and taunts. I had offered limits in a different post, which again, can be discussed in a meeting.

That being said though, everything below still does exist, and I would like anyone’s opinion on what they think should take most priority to be added, if you think we should add everything, or actually go through all these suggested suggestions one by one and reconsider each in order to keep the customization to a minimal. Please give valid reasons to your responses.
*There are a number of other bugs and fixes that I am aware of that need doing, they will not be mentioned here as they should be considered on their own accord.

Rooftops Map (voted yes in 3 separate meetings)
Point shop fists (voted yes in 2 separate meetings)
Toggle off T
Time schedule
Pony’s Loyalty Program
Betting system
Pocket Sand
Jihad
Turtle Grenade
Traitor SG
Detective Camera
Add back jukebox
Adding music to end of round
Bring back launchers
T tracker
Cannibalism
Added DVIP stuff
In game voting system
Autokick afk
Neosporin
Stuff auto removes when disguised
Ammo for the huge
Door blocking rule
T SG damage increase
Hogwarts map
Bring back dolls
Samus skin
Lara Croft skin
Caledscratch (DVip only)
Text box trail
Thompson gun
WW2 map and guns
Re-add mp3/mp5/galil
Bearer of bad news
Animal crossbows
Jihad songs
Newton launcher disables jetpack
Get rid of invalid powers i.e. whip ignite
Turn pain station into bomb station

If anyone has any questions or needs clarifications on anything in the list feel free to leave a reply stating that and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Happy gaming all.

--->Pony
  • Pony
  • Legendary Member
The topic has been locked.

Re: Slight Customization? (Past Stuff) 10 years, 1 month ago #208041

The things I think should be added

Pony's loyalty program- it adds a new dynamic into the game and it gives players a reward.

Ammo for the huge- it works really well because your not just limited to 150 rounds.

Jihad- it's always fun and it's a item that most people like.

turtle grenade- there really useful and they work really well, plus not many server have turtle grenades/ head crabs

Neosporin- it's helps Ts after battles

Bring back the launchers- it's was really fun to have the launcher battles at the start of a round

Bring back the master sword for dvip- it's a nice reward for donating

Re add the CSS guns (galil,m3,mp5)

Those are properly my favourites but I think everything should be voted on in the meeting
  • Melon jack uk
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Fix the melon launchers!!
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

BEEN STAFF ON TTT SINCE MAY 2013
Last Edit: 10 years, 1 month ago by Melon jack uk.

Re: Slight Customization? (Past Stuff) 10 years, 1 month ago #208050

I know what I think doesn't matter, as it's all collaborative but I'm fine with all of them except for the ww2 guns. That would be way too custom in my opinion. I like the old guns. Reminds me of CSS. o3o :L
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: Slight Customization? (Past Stuff) 10 years, 1 month ago #208057

Rooftops

Dolls

All that DVIP stuff we already had (colored name and Master Sword)

Jihad and turtle grenade

Cannibalism

Mp3/mp5/galil

Lara Croft skin

That's honestly all I would really want back. I would be fine with some of the other stuff but I would really like to see all of this put onto the server.
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO

Re: Slight Customization? (Past Stuff) 10 years, 1 month ago #208064

Rooftops Map (voted yes in 3 separate meetings) - Yes
Point shop fists (voted yes in 2 separate meetings) - Yes
Toggle off T - Not sure why this would be needed
Time schedule – Don't know what this is. Explain please
Pony’s Loyalty Program – Also explain please.
Betting system – Sure why not.
Pocket Sand – Only if it is a T or D weapon, then yes.
Jihad - Yes
Turtle Grenade - Yes
Traitor SG - Yes
Detective Camera - Yes
Add back jukebox – No. I don't see the need for it.
Adding music to end of -Yes
Bring back launchers - Yes
T tracker – What is this?
Cannibalism -Yes
Added DVIP stuff - Yes
In game voting system – For voting on random things like maps right? Then yes.
Autokick afk - Yes
Neosporin - Yes
Stuff auto removes when disguised -Yes
Ammo for the huge - Yes
Door blocking rule -Yes
T SG damage increase -Wait till SG is added first.
Hogwarts map - Yes
Bring back dolls - Yes
Samus skin - Yes
Lara Croft skin -Yes
Caledscratch (DVip only) – Meh, only if it can be disabled if wanted.
Text box trail - Yes
Thompson gun - Yes
WW2 map and guns - Yes
Re-add mp3/mp5/galil - Yes
Bearer of bad news - Yes
Animal crossbows – Not really
Jihad songs - yes
Newton launcher disables jetpack - Yes
Get rid of invalid powers i.e. whip ignite - Yes
Turn pain station into bomb station – Yes

For the maps, I think we should have an archive of them, then pick a few and use them for a certain time. We could use 15 maps at time and switch them out every so often(like every meeting).

For the Skins, we don't have many right now. I think some variety would be nice.

For the guns, I think they should all be added. The M3/MP5/Galil should be added to the rest of the spawn weapons, while guns like the Thompson should be available in the pointshop for single use.

I can explain the rest if needed
(Also remember if something isn't as good as it was cracked up to be, it can always be removed)

-GamerG
  • GoodGame
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Lovatic

Re: Slight Customization? (Past Stuff) 10 years, 1 month ago #208069

Time Schedule:
Sypher created something close to this with his "Suggestions, where are we now?" thread. Essentially it was agreed upon that two things would be added. A changelog to show which suggestions had been added to the server, and a time schedule to show what still needed to be added with dates of release. While Sypher's thread had all that needed to be added, and what was being worked on, there was no official time schedule and no way of knowing how long it would take to have suggestions, updates, and meetings come out. The thought behind this addition would be that say there were 10 things to be added, a coder/owner could say ok by April 25th the first 3 things will be released, then April 29th another thing, and oh on May 5th is the next upcoming meeting at this time. It's basically everything we do now but with deadlines visible to all, so we don't have everyone left guessing when new stuff will come out or when changes will be made. There's a deadline set, and it must be met.

Pony's Loyalty Program:
There's so much information on this one haha. I spent half of summer planning it out.
In short I maintained it temporarily while waiting for it to get coded. Whip coded something but it was never added, and then it was put on the backburner unfortunately. I'll let you read up on everything to get the details, but basically it's a steam achievement/CoD achievement setup. You come on the server, you play the game as you usually do, but if you do something special, get a kill in a certain way, etc. you get a reward. There's 3 tiers of rewards all with varying difficulty rewards to receive. Achieving a tier would get you a certain amount of points while achieving everything got you like 100k points. I really thought this would be a great addition because it would keep people coming back to our server for not only enjoyable TTT, but something else to strive for as well, gathering as many achievement rewards as possible.

Thread: www.friendlyplayers.com/index.php?option...55067&Itemid=426
Video Explanation:
My temporary website: fployaltyprogram.wordpress.com/

What you see on that temporary website is kind of a feel of what it could have been in game. Every member to the server would have their own personal profile with awards they had won, there would be a list of all the medals with their names for people to get, and at the end of each week I would personally make a $25 donation to charity and let a random medal recipient of the week choose the country they wanted to see their loyalty to FP offer aid to.

T Tracker:
The T tracker is essentially the same thing as a radar, but instead of a blip every 30 seconds to show where every player on the map is, it's a blip every 1 second on one player in particular in order to hunt them down.

In game voting system:
No this would not be for voting on maps. Or well, not only. This would be for voting on EVERYTHING. The way I had envisioned it, just as there is an !motd popup when you join the server there is also a daily/weekly vote. We have countless suggestions every month, and I'm sure you can find comments in a number of meeting results threads stating "it's not what you want, it's what everyone wants". There's usually 5-10 people who vote on things to be added for the masses. This addon would be like an ask the audience lifeline from who wants to be a millionaire. Based on STEAM ID of people joining, each player would get one vote per voting period. So if one were to log on to the server today they could see a poll like "What T weapon would you like to see added back? A. Turtle Grenade B. Jihad C. SG D. Bomb station" If a player had already voted that week, a message would pop up instead saying thank you for voting this week, or something. Basically, it's a way to have everyone vote on what they want, so come meeting time instead of 5 players deciding, we will have the opinions of nearly 100, and hopefully many more when the server picks up in the summer.

Hope that explains stuff for you. Yes I'm aware my suggestions are almost always tedious to implement, but I do put a heck of a lot of thought and effort into them and believe they'd all be super beneficial to the TTT server.

--->Pony
  • Pony
  • Legendary Member

Re: Slight Customization? (Past Stuff) 10 years, 1 month ago #208077

I hate the vanilla aspect of FP TTT, that's why I don't play too much, I hate vanilla guns, HL2 skins(I want custom Player Models, even default), I love custom guns most, they really add diversity to the game, especially when they're are around 10 guns.
  • Craccoo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.
My Music Playlist:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS2g2EWHG...qu-0nJnBAbZs_6LK7ltu
STORYTIME!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Zackz11 wrote:
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If money is the root of all 'evil,' why do they ask for it in Church?
KreeG wrote:
[Z] Chester wrote:
I came to FP because I heard there were lots of nice people here
That's true there's a lot of nice people here including myself, Nice to meet you!

You'll laugh at 1 of these at-least:

This player is definitely set on the road to SA:
ramm004 wrote:
Both times I've been banned it's been like the court scene from Idiocracy. I literally dont want part of it anymore. I'm sure I'll see the back of this shit when I start playing the HL2RP. I'm gonna wait my ban time, blow my cash airstriking brats, then request or force a permaban on myself. At least, thats the plan right now.

Crocodile wrote:
ur like 8 only thing ur busy at is painting and learning new colours

and making macaroni necklaces

Warning: Nasty but hella funny stuff:

Re: Slight Customization? (Past Stuff) 10 years, 1 month ago #208080

Pony wrote:
(usual wall of text lol)

Thanks for the clarifications Pony
Time Schedule: Yes (as long as it can be maintained)
Loyalty Program: Yes, although should it have the name "achievement system" or similar?
T Tracker: No, it would make the game less interesting. The DNA scanner is where its at
IG Voting system: Yes (and that's what I was meaning )
  • GoodGame
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Lovatic

Re: Slight Customization? (Past Stuff) 10 years ago #208160

Pony wrote:
Time Schedule:
Sypher created something close to this with his "Suggestions, where are we now?" thread. Essentially it was agreed upon that two things would be added. A changelog to show which suggestions had been added to the server, and a time schedule to show what still needed to be added with dates of release. While Sypher's thread had all that needed to be added, and what was being worked on, there was no official time schedule and no way of knowing how long it would take to have suggestions, updates, and meetings come out. The thought behind this addition would be that say there were 10 things to be added, a coder/owner could say ok by April 25th the first 3 things will be released, then April 29th another thing, and oh on May 5th is the next upcoming meeting at this time. It's basically everything we do now but with deadlines visible to all, so we don't have everyone left guessing when new stuff will come out or when changes will be made. There's a deadline set, and it must be met.

I'd be able to keep on top of this if Kittai/Jose/Whoever communicates with me.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.
Last Edit: 10 years ago by Sypher40.

Re: Slight Customization? (Past Stuff) 10 years ago #208165

Why don't you just keep it vanilla and you'll get more players? It's such an easy solution.
  • Crocodile
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds