Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Honest thoughts on the new pointshop
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Honest thoughts on the new pointshop

Honest thoughts on the new pointshop 10 years, 1 month ago #207936

Like the title says, I'm not really sure how I feel about it. There are in my opinion, way too much stuff now. It is nowhere near as simplistic as it was before and feels too custom:

Auras
Taunts
Craploads of Skins

Not only that, practically all the new suggestions in the TTT suggestions thread are nothing but skins or hats for the pointshop. That worries me. It's becoming what people didn't want it to be. Too custom. All the skins and hats and trails and auras and yadda yadda yadda will just add the FDL list which is what we didn't want in the first place. A few hats, trails and skins are fine but all this other stuff is unneeded and just detracts from the gameplay. All I see anyways is people complaining about the taunts. I'm not saying I don't want the new pointshop, but we're adding a lot of crap that really isn't needed and what everyone was complaining about from before. I honestly think we should've WAITED till' the meeting to vote on this before implementing it and see how it was before we went full force adding it.

That's just my two cents on it, agree or disagree... Tis' your own choice.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The topic has been locked.

Re: Honest thoughts on the new pointshop 10 years, 1 month ago #207939

Personally love the taunts, nothing says arsehole like adding insult to injury when killing someone.
  • Rake
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • A Minge's Nightmare!

Re: Honest thoughts on the new pointshop 10 years, 1 month ago #207940

I don't really mind it besides the taunts get annoying when spammed, and the auras look ugly and distracting. It's not like we're adding game changing things. It's all cosmetic, and a way to display to other players how much effort you've put into the server. As long as things are relatively hard to get so people have to actually work to get items, I'm fine with it.

As I said in the suggestion thread though, it would be nice if we actually talked about what should be in the pointshop.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
Last Edit: 10 years, 1 month ago by Slyther.

Re: Honest thoughts on the new pointshop 10 years, 1 month ago #207950

Personally, I think its pretty cool, especially the taunts (I know you love it when I block doors <3 Hehehehehe). Though, I do agree with what you are saying but I still think its woth it... But maybe because down on a few of the crappy taunts no-one uses because they're just... well, crappy.

Grim <3
  • cringe name
  • Expert Boarder
kill me please

Re: Honest thoughts on the new pointshop 10 years, 1 month ago #207971

As far as the pointshop itself goes, I really like it. Its elegant like windows 8(or windows phone 8). Its animations are fluid and the menus make sense(except for the jump pack). My only gripes with it are that the thumbnails take their time to load, and the 'Give Points" tabs aren't labeled("Cancel" and Accept"). Those aren't really "game breaking", and are pretty minor, so not much to worry about. For a new pointshop, it is really good.

For the Items, I personally don't care. There is a "quite a few of them", but I had no issues downloading them on my slow connections(6down/.7up and 1down/.3up). The only thing I want is being able to earn the points easier. Since I mostly mess around, Its taken me forever to earn my points(I have 2400ish and have only purchased one trail). Maybe we could make more points per kill or give points after a certain amount of time(like we had)?

-GamerG
  • GoodGame
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Lovatic

Re: Honest thoughts on the new pointshop 10 years, 1 month ago #207979

Eh its alright. I wish we had our old player models though. Also the auras are kinda annoying and taunts (when spammed) are sooooo freaking annoying.
  • Xeratous
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Do people still come on here? TTT When LMAO

Re: Honest thoughts on the new pointshop 10 years, 1 month ago #207982

Taunts are fun usually fun when in a closet filled with dead bodys and praising walmart
  • dgm
  • Platinum Boarder
  • dank daddy memer
rip signature

Re: Honest thoughts on the new pointshop 10 years, 1 month ago #207983

Jailbreak never had the pointshop installed.....
  • TimeLord Solar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I found the green weiner

[/url]

Re: Honest thoughts on the new pointshop 10 years, 1 month ago #207985

TimeLord Xen wrote:
Jailbreak never had the pointshop installed.....

What do you mean? I was on JB a few days ago and they had it, and I remember Emp came onto TTT with a shitload of items and points he earned from JB.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.

Re: Honest thoughts on the new pointshop 10 years, 1 month ago #207988

I like it, but I feel we might start losing our unique vanillaness due to it. I loved the old one because all the skins were from source games.
  • King Kenny
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Retired
Anal is how boys are created

Who really is Chute?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds