Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Frozenglory Trusted app

Re: Frozenglory Trusted app 10 years, 1 month ago #207933

Frozenglory wrote:

2.no voice changers (smegal which he wasnt punished for it till i ask for him to be)
He was never punished because he was never using a voice changer. He was doing an accent, like if I were to do an mike tyson accent or a mario from super mario bros accent. That's not a voice changer. A voice changer is something that actually alters your voice. If he's doing it himself, he shouldn't be punished for it. No one found it annoying when I was on or demanded for him to be muted.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The topic has been locked.

Re: Frozenglory Trusted app 10 years, 1 month ago #207941

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Frozenglory wrote:

2.no voice changers (smegal which he wasnt punished for it till i ask for him to be)
He was never punished because he was never using a voice changer. He was doing an accent, like if I were to do an mike tyson accent or a mario from super mario bros accent. That's not a voice changer. A voice changer is something that actually alters your voice. If he's doing it himself, he shouldn't be punished for it. No one found it annoying when I was on or demanded for him to be muted.

Honestly, I agree with frozen. My personal definition of "Voice Changer" is purposely making your voice sound different than what it typically is. I'm fine with bad accents, as they're just done as a quick joke and usually end in less than a minute, but changing the pitch as drastically as he does, as well as being nearly impossible to understand and never seeming to stop, is too much. If you remember, the one time you were on and this happened, I did say we should talk to him as I did find it annoying, but you just said this exact same thing, so I just let it go cause I didn't want to argue and there were only two other people on who didn't mind. Later, when you weren't on and when Frozen met him, I figured I'd be stuck dealing with it again, until Frozen said it was bothering him too, which should be enough to just politely ask someone to cool it, which was done.

I personally do agree we need to take voice chat a little bit more seriously as a whole. Not go all dictator and gag every other person, but more and more often it's become a problem with people talking excessively and over each other.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
Last Edit: 10 years, 1 month ago by Slyther.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoodGame

Re: Frozenglory Trusted app 10 years, 1 month ago #208052

Slyther wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Frozenglory wrote:

Honestly, I agree with frozen. My personal definition of "Voice Changer" is purposely making your voice sound different than what it typically is. I'm fine with bad accents, as they're just done as a quick joke and usually end in less than a minute, but changing the pitch as drastically as he does, as well as being nearly impossible to understand and never seeming to stop, is too much. If you remember, the one time you were on and this happened, I did say we should talk to him as I did find it annoying, but you just said this exact same thing, so I just let it go cause I didn't want to argue and there were only two other people on who didn't mind. Later, when you weren't on and when Frozen met him, I figured I'd be stuck dealing with it again, until Frozen said it was bothering him too, which should be enough to just politely ask someone to cool it, which was done.

I personally do agree we need to take voice chat a little bit more seriously as a whole. Not go all dictator and gag every other person, but more and more often it's become a problem with people talking excessively and over each other.
Well I'll agree to disagree. This is where my point came in about the server being too serious. Everyone gets super annoyed and 'mad' at any possible sign of someone doing something that's even remotely close to breaking the rules.

It really wasn't that bad, which is why I don't get it when people get annoyed because not only did he barely even talk to begin with, but his accent wasn't even that abnormal, and was a pretty shitty gollum accent at that. I can't really speak when it came to him being on when I wasn't, but I know that when I was on, he barely spoke in accent. I've played with him before when neither of you have been on and no one else had a problem with him. But if it does truly annoy you, then I'm not opposed to him being gagged. I just think people are starting to get too antsy and on-edge. Wanting people to get punished for minor, petty occurrences that are few and far between.

I'm not saying we should be lax on people abusing voice chat, we definitely should, I just don't see what he was doing as abusing it.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slyther

Re: Frozenglory Trusted app 10 years, 1 month ago #208101

+Support! Wow, your always on top of rule breakers, when you accidentally broke a rule, you flipped out on yourself. I joined the server with him screaming, "OH NO, OH NO, I BROKE A RULE, I HAVE TO BE PUNISHED!" You said this dead serious. Your funny and get along well with players, and you definitely deserve a staff position!
  • Craccoo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.
My Music Playlist:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS2g2EWHG...qu-0nJnBAbZs_6LK7ltu
STORYTIME!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Zackz11 wrote:
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If money is the root of all 'evil,' why do they ask for it in Church?
KreeG wrote:
[Z] Chester wrote:
I came to FP because I heard there were lots of nice people here
That's true there's a lot of nice people here including myself, Nice to meet you!

You'll laugh at 1 of these at-least:

This player is definitely set on the road to SA:
ramm004 wrote:
Both times I've been banned it's been like the court scene from Idiocracy. I literally dont want part of it anymore. I'm sure I'll see the back of this shit when I start playing the HL2RP. I'm gonna wait my ban time, blow my cash airstriking brats, then request or force a permaban on myself. At least, thats the plan right now.

Crocodile wrote:
ur like 8 only thing ur busy at is painting and learning new colours

and making macaroni necklaces

Warning: Nasty but hella funny stuff:

Re: Frozenglory Trusted app 10 years, 1 month ago #208112

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Slyther wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Frozenglory wrote:

Well I'll agree to disagree. This is where my point came in about the server being too serious. Everyone gets super annoyed and 'mad' at any possible sign of someone doing something that's even remotely close to breaking the rules.

It really wasn't that bad, which is why I don't get it when people get annoyed because not only did he barely even talk to begin with, but his accent wasn't even that abnormal, and was a pretty shitty gollum accent at that. I can't really speak when it came to him being on when I wasn't, but I know that when I was on, he barely spoke in accent. I've played with him before when neither of you have been on and no one else had a problem with him. But if it does truly annoy you, then I'm not opposed to him being gagged. I just think people are starting to get too antsy and on-edge. Wanting people to get punished for minor, petty occurrences that are few and far between.

I'm not saying we should be lax on people abusing voice chat, we definitely should, I just don't see what he was doing as abusing it.

No one ever has a problem with my Jamel "Welcome to my Schtore" voice...
also, Frozen, most of the time that we don't jump on mic spammers is if it was only like 2 seconds of spam, such as a song lyric or something. We usually get onto people if they start actually singing (such as Trekie sometimes) but we tend to let the really small stuff go (we still hit the people who blare music pretty fast) most of the time when I go to gag a mic spammer they have stopped before I could even type "micspam" in the reason box
Last Edit: 10 years, 1 month ago by JimmyJamesKirk.

Re: Frozenglory Trusted app 10 years ago #208115

+support frozen used to be a great admin, frozen also in forces rules.
  • Melon jack uk
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Fix the melon launchers!!

BEEN STAFF ON TTT SINCE MAY 2013
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds