Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

[TTT] New Banning Guidelines, Staff Please Read
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: [TTT] New Banning Guidelines, Staff Please Read

[TTT] New Banning Guidelines, Staff Please Read 10 years, 3 months ago #198892

Hey all TTT staff, I’ll do my best to keep this short for the information is important and I know most of you don’t read my long posts.

As of the past two meetings we have established a new set of centralized ban lengths and guidelines to be followed, which can now be found on page two of the TTT information thread. Further, it was discussed and eventually agreed upon that there was a need to unban players in order to boost server numbers once more. I volunteered to begin on this daunting task in order to avoid a clean sweep of the ban list.

In order to avoid any trouble, I will leave out the names of staff members involved, but I can say that I have already sorted through about 200 bans and unbanned around 30 individuals so far. There are a few repeat offenders, and I’m sure I’ll be unbanning players from each staff member’s ban lists.

That being said, there are a few things that I’m looking for during this process. First, is the actual banning reason itself. Below are some examples of reasons I unbanned players for that do not work as ban reasons.
-Have fun, Bitch
-This ban is silly
-SWAG
-I can ban the owner, I feel special
I’m sure that each of these reasons either came out of the banning staff member trying to be funny, or letting emotions get the best of them. It can be assumed that these individuals were probably trolling, or disrespectful, or impersonating staff, but the reason needs to clearly state that from now on. I do urge all current staff members no matter the rank to read up on the new bans and memorize them, for even after this process is done I’ll still continue to check bans every now and then to make sure everything is being followed through on correctly, and reprimanding will be offered as needed.

Secondly, for those bans that have valid reasons, I’ve gone to take a look at ban lengths in order to check up and see that lengths related to the new centralized bans system. Below are lengths of bans that do not match the rules broken.
-39 weeks Rdm x2 and leave
-47 weeks Continuous RDM
-1 year 119 days Continuous RDM
-104 years Rdm x1 and leave
I have updated a number of bans to shorter periods since most were recent bans, but I hope you all can see the issue. A broken rule punishment deserving of a weeklong ban should not last longer than the lifetime of a guest to our server. With this new system there are really only 3-4 things that deserve permanent bans now. In terms of reasons of trolling, I left all those bans up for the time being, but once again use good judgment, a month or two should be enough for someone to cool down from a heated argument, not forever.

Thanks all for taking the time to read this, with your help in properly signifying ban reasons with the correct ban lengths hopefully as was discussed in the meeting this can help increase server rank, as well as a bit more forgiving attitude if the situation allows for it. New players to the server do not know the rules, so let them know if you notice a new karma. It can make everyone’s gaming experiences enjoyable for the most part.

Thank you and happy gaming all!

--->Pony
  • Pony
  • Legendary Member
Last Edit: 10 years, 3 months ago by Kittai.
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds