Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Have you experienced Game Transfer Phenomena?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Have you experienced Game Transfer Phenomena?

Have you experienced Game Transfer Phenomena? 11 years, 11 months ago #97112

Game Transfer Phenomena (GTP) is the transfer of video game experiences to the real world; like hearing, seeing or doing things in real life as in the video game. You are welcome to participate in the survey, there you can read other players experiences and check if you have experienced GTP and what types.

I am doing this research as part of my PhD but the results will be published in my blog.

It takes approximately 10 minutes to complete the survey. Participants should be 18 year or older.

www.gametransferphenomena.com/survey.html

The purpose of my project is to clarify and demystify players phenomenological experiences in order to maximize the benefits of interactive media, as well as to understand automatic mental, physiological and behaviour processes that can be relevant in different areas of the sciences.
You are welcome to visit my website where you can find more information about the GTP project, join my Facebook group and check out my blog.

Check out this video about the first Game Transfer Phenomena study

www.gametransferphenomena.com

Angelica

Re: Have you experienced Game Transfer Phenomena? 11 years, 11 months ago #97113

I believe I filled out the survey, answered pretty much all of it truthfully.

A very nice project this, many times I've experienced a situation and put game logic into it.
  • Rake
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • A Minge's Nightmare!
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

Re: Have you experienced Game Transfer Phenomena? 11 years, 11 months ago #97137

Happens very often
  • King Kenny
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Retired
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Anal is how boys are created

Who really is Chute?

Re: Have you experienced Game Transfer Phenomena? 11 years, 11 months ago #97147

Yes i have ive imagined health bars over other peoples head
  • Sneaky
  • Legendary Member

Re: Have you experienced Game Transfer Phenomena? 11 years, 11 months ago #97148

Filled ,mine out. Most of those things other than the use of drugs happen all the time to sometimes.
  • copcia77
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Have you experienced Game Transfer Phenomena? 11 years, 11 months ago #97284

Just about to fill out that survey, haven't quite looked at it yet although I appoligize if I'm about to repeat things I may put on the survey;.

I never even thought about this as a possibility; the idea of having reality be altered visually or even meta-physically by video games and other interactive media. I would think that a capable mind would be able to differentiate the two, no matter how much time they had spent playing the game.

I may have had one experience though; I play a game called Sequence, a DDR sort of RPG game where in combat the music notes you hit fall down to the bottom of a grid. When I took a screenshot of the game to try to show it to my friends, I saw the music notes falling down even though the image was a .jpg.

I couldn't say I actually do anything differently due to interactive media, other than make references for social reasons among fellow nerds and friends.
  • Gogurt
  • Senior Boarder
As seen on TV.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds