Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

An E3 summary post
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: An E3 summary post

An E3 summary post 10 years, 11 months ago #148495

E3 is a video games convention where all the big companies present their shiny new things. In this thread, I will be attempting to summarize the conferences of the "big 5" companies - Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, Sony and Nintendo (Nintendo Direct). If you want the full conferences, I will be adding them as links are updated.

Microsoft

Microsoft have announced the price of the Xbox One, set to be released at a retail cost of $499, 499€ and £429 for November 2013. Announced exclusives for the Xbox One are Halo (No numbers; just Halo) for a 2014 release, Killer Instinct (a revival of an old Rare franchise), Forza 5, Quantum Break and Titanfall (miltary shooter combined with mechs). Other games announced for Xbox One release are Ryse: Son of Rome (third person action game set in Ancient Rome), Sunset Overdrive (a stylized third-person action game with free-running), Minecraft (because why not), Dead Rising 3, The Witcher 3 and Battlefield 4.

Also announced was a new Xbox 360, said to be smaller and quieter than current models and available "today". Games were also announced for the 360 were Metal Gear Solid V, Dark Souls II, World of Tanks (F2P) and Max The Curse of Brotherhood (a cartoony platformer).

Full Microsoft conference:
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Electronic Arts

From the EA Sports branch of EA, the continued yearly releases of NBA Live, FIFA, Madden and UFC were shown with various celebrity appearances. Dragon Age 3: Inquisitor was announce for a Fall 2014 release, along with more footage of Titanfall and Battlefield 4, with commander mode in Battlefield 4 returning. A new Need for Speed has been announced called Need for Speed: Rivals, along with a NFS film.

From the Popcap side of EA, Peggle 2 has been announced for a 2013 release, along with PvZ: Garden Warfare. This is a third-person tower defense variant of Plants vs Zombies with co-op.

Finally, two teaser trailers have been released for a next gen Star Wars: Battlefront and a sequel to Mirrors Edge.

Full EA Conference (starts 25 minutes into the video):

Ubisoft

Splinter Cell: Blacklist has been set a release date of August 20th, while Rayman Legends has a September 3rd release. South Park: The Stick of Truth (RPG) has another trailer (no announced release), along with the announcement of Mighty Quest (Diablo-esque game where users design the "levels"). The Crew, a seemingly openworld motorgame has been announced for an early 2014 release, with both 4-player co-op and competitive features. Trailers for Watch Dogs, Just Dance 2014 and a new Raving Rabbids TV show were shown. A preview of Trials Fusion was also shown (2.5D motorbike racer). Finally, some more trailer footage of Assassins Creed 4 was shown, along with Tom Clancys The Division. From what I can gather, The Division will be an MMORPG combined with Third-person cover shooting. Seems well polished from the gameplay.

Full Ubisoft conference:

Sony

The PS4 was officially unveiled with a retail price of $399, €399 and £349 for "the holiday season". The PS4 will support used games and does not have compulsary always online DRM for the system. Playstation Plus seems to now be a requirement for online play. Exclusives for PS4 are The Order: 1866 (New IP), Infamous: Second Son and The Witness (also PC release). Diablo 3, NBA 2k14, The Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III and Mad Max will also get releases on the PS4. Indie games being released for the PS4 include Don't Starve, Transistor, Octodad: Deadliest Catch and Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New N' Tasty.

For the Playstation 3, games previewed included The Last of Us, Batman Arkham Origins and Beyond: Two Souls. Some ports were also announced for the Vita, such as Flower and The Walking Dead.

Full Sony conference:

Nintendo

Due to the main focus being on Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo held a "Nintendo Direct" (a stream seperate to E3) showing games to be released on the Wii U. Exclusives announced in the video included Super Mario 3D World, a HD remastering of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Mario Kart 8, a new Donkey Kong title, The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and a new Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS. Cross-platform titles to be released on the Wii U include Batman: Arkham Origins, Watch Dogs, ACIV: Black Flag, Rayman: Legends and the upcoming Splinter Cell. Titles to be released on Nintendos eShop include Ducktales Remastered and Oddworld: New 'N' Tasty.

For the Nintendo 3DS, trailers were released after the Nintendo Direct for a sequel to Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (turn-based RPG) and a successor to Yoshi's Island.

Full Nintendo Direct video:
  • GruesPrey
  • Expert Boarder
  • Good day, Sir or Madam.
Last Edit: 10 years, 11 months ago by GruesPrey.

Re: An E3 summary post 10 years, 11 months ago #148496

Ryse: Son of Rome (third person action game set in Ancient Rome)

Sounds like something I'd enjoy. I love Roman history and one of my favorite games is Rome: Total War.
  • King Kenny
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Retired
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Anal is how boys are created

Who really is Chute?

Re: An E3 summary post 10 years, 11 months ago #148497

Thank you very much for this update! I wouldn't have know it was today if not for you. And reading your MS summary. Wow. Just wow. They're doing it fucking wrong, it's killing me. MS is ... Was such a good gaming company and brought loads of fun entertainment to our lives.. But they're the PS3 of 2013.. It's a $100 less than the PS3 started out right? And look what happened. It took a good 2 years until they're back on track.. Feel bad for MS.. If the PS4 is $400 at the most i'll take it. $350 is probably the best price right now but I doubt it.. I'm pretty sure it's going to be set for $450.. But at least the PS4's going to have a decent conference and is actually on games.. Again thanks bro.

Re: An E3 summary post 10 years, 11 months ago #148498

An they didn't show any Cod Ghost? I know that the CoD team made an live action gameplay livestream yesterday.. But no multiplayer what so ever?

Re: An E3 summary post 10 years, 11 months ago #148499

MrCuddlesXXX69 wrote:
An they didn't show any Cod Ghost? I know that the CoD team made an live action gameplay livestream yesterday.. But no multiplayer what so ever?

No coverage of Call of Duty was shown. Perhaps its best to wait until the Sony conference. If it isn't shown there, then I honestly have no idea.
  • GruesPrey
  • Expert Boarder

Re: An E3 summary post 10 years, 11 months ago #148606

They just announced the price on the PS4. It is $399, a hundred bucks cheaper than the Xbox One.

I think Sony is just getting back at people for dogging on the price of the PS3 when it was released.
But anways, I'm hyped!
  • JayHawk
  • Legendary Member
  • Mr. PoopHead

Re: An E3 summary post 10 years, 11 months ago #148609

A new Star Wars: Battlefront sounds cool.
  • King Kenny
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Retired
Anal is how boys are created

Who really is Chute?

Re: An E3 summary post 10 years, 11 months ago #148610

Well COD Ghosts will be released on other xbox consoles so it is not exclusive.
  • *Rogue*
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: An E3 summary post 10 years, 11 months ago #148620

As a xbox gamer since the original launched I feel betrayed by microsoft, they had the last console war won and then they do all this bullshit in the name of money losing this war without the console even being released, fuck drm, no used games and their fucking 24 hour online check bullshit, it saddens me so much to leave xbox but they just had to go fuck everything up.

Well fucking done microsoft, I know what Im doing with my money and its certainly not spending it on this joke of a console... Im going to take my money and upgrade my pc and never look fucking back. ( and why the fuck does capcom make dr3 a xbox one exclusive)

O and its good to finally see a new battlefront.
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Dare To Zlatan

Re: An E3 summary post 10 years, 11 months ago #148674

In my opinion, Sony has released a console that has greater specs than Microsofts, will have better support for indie games and has a better subscription service. Also, the Playstation 4 is cheaper than the Xbox One by $100. If I had to choose, I'd be queueing for a PS4.
  • GruesPrey
  • Expert Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds