Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Playstation 4
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Playstation 4

Re: Playstation 4 11 years, 2 months ago #125122

Haha you watch once the new xbox is annouched its gonna scar playstation for life
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Dare To Zlatan
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

Re: Playstation 4 11 years, 2 months ago #125126

Iv'e always been a console gamer, not just a console gamer but a Playstation console gamer. I am going to get the PS4 and I'm really looking forward to the new Infamous. It looks great! I will never let go of PC gaming though <3
  • Sniper4Life
  • Platinum Boarder
  • One of the worst snipers to date.
"I shall call him Squishy and he will be my Squishy"

Favorite face ----->

Re: Playstation 4 11 years, 2 months ago #125161

Probably going to buy one
  • AviatorMaster
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • 777-200LR ^

Re: Playstation 4 11 years, 2 months ago #125172

Let me put this out here from a developer stand point. I've been a very close follower of the entire industry. I do not want to say I do not choose sides and saying you own both does not mean you are neutral. I'll be honest I lean more towards the PlayStation in terms of it's power and I love their first party developers (Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, etc. I think what should also be noted here is that Indie Devs also prefer the PlayStation when it comes in terms of what the machine can do. Insomniac Games for instance.) I grew up on primarily PlayStation although, my first consoles were the NES and SNES.

From someone who knows the inner workings of the games that go onto the platform, I'm really excited for the PlayStation 4. They abandoned their cell processor that ran the PS3. Now this sucks if you are a consumer who does not normally go out buy titles on a regular basis and your collection spawns from time over the years because this means you will not be able to play PS3 games on the PS4. However the tradeoff for their 8 Core processor (Anyone know the Ghz?) is that the architecture is familiar for devs because modern computers all run on this same type of CPU setup. Which translates to easy to make games for, which means quicker title releases, more title releases, higher quality title releases, and ports between PC and PS4 should run a lot smoother.

Now for those of us on PC we know that ports go both ways. It's a more secure market with consoles when it comes to pirating so, a lot of people will start there and release it on PC down the road. This generally means someone is going to get the short stick. Now that they are going to be running on a "normal" CPU, these ports should be a lot less painful for both parties.

8 seems to be a magic number here because it is also the number gigs they will be running for their RAM. Instead of using two separate types of RAM they will be using a type of shared RAM (has a term, cannot remember at the moment). This is 8Gbs of GDDR5, or the type of RAM used in video cards. GDDR5 is essentially the same as DDR3, the main difference here is that data for a video card has to come out in parallel for everything to look right. This is a good move on Sony's end as I do not believe current games use more than 2-3GB of RAM at most (Minecraft will use more, however Minecraft was made in Java which is a terrible decision to begin with. It would run a lot smoother if it was running in it's own engine and save them a lot of time.). That number climbs very slowly so this will provide a good amount of longevity to the machine. It should be noted that Sony is not the first to actually do this, the XBox did have this last gen and worked out pretty well.

The famous DualShock controller is back. Let me just tell everyone who hates the DualShock controller now that if you hate the DualShock and make the claim that 360's controller is far superior, that you should probably ease up on the copious amounts of crack you must be smoking. The DualShock is the grandchild of the former best controller from the NES. If I remember right Sony and Nintendo actually developed the original PlayStation controller which later became the DualShock when it incorporated two analog sticks and rumble. Since then is has been the model for controllers to come, including the 360's. The thumbstick is not swapped with the D-Pad "because it is better for FPS.", which does not even make sense. Normally you want something symmetrical like the human body. It was done to prevent being sued. Now with the DualShock 4. I like the color bar thing to indicate player, it is going to be much easier to locate your controller when playing with friends; the tracking with the new Stereoscopic PlayStation Eye should also make gameplay interesting. I do not like the touchpad, it widens the controller and I don't see it being used too much in actual games.

EDIT: For those who are not keeping track at home. Start and Select have been replaced with Share and Options. Also the touchpad is clickable, similar to how you press down on an analogue stick.

The shown titles, look phenomenal. KillZone looks great and Infamous should have a great story. Watchdogs will probably be the most interesting out of all of them. A title from the PS3 that many of us have come to love is the LittleBigPlanet series. While MediaMolecule was at the meeting, they will not be making an LBP3. It has been rumoured that Sumo Digital (Creators of the great disappointments that were Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and the puzzle game Dead Space Ignition) is developing the next installment of the series. In other words, do not expect anything.

A place where PlayStation lacked in the last generation was the social aspect. This was mainly due to RAM constraints. They went with small amounts of RAM that were really quick so there was not really room to do anything else and the cell processor got in the way as well. While they still made it more social than it was previously from release, it was not nearly as good as what the XBox was offering. Granted PSN (SEN?)is free which balances that out bit. The new sharing/streaming/connection for the PS4 looks great and I cannot wait to dive in. There is a share button on the controller to streamline the process.

A great feature that I like is the sleep mode for the console. Not only is an actual sleep function awesome but, it doubles as a system wide freeze mode. It pauses everything so upon waking you can continue from exactly where you left off.

I will be purchasing this one. The new Xbox will be interesting. I don't know if they will be able to top the new features in the PlayStation but, then again I am biased and still eager to see what they produce.
  • SilentAmmo
  • Legendary Member
  • public void lagServer(int amount)
Last Edit: 11 years, 2 months ago by SilentAmmo. Reason: Addition info
The following user(s) said Thank You: GruesPrey

Re: Playstation 4 11 years, 2 months ago #125199

Would've been nice if they actually shown the thing and not just it's controller.
  • Rake
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • A Minge's Nightmare!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds