Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

repairing enchanted items isn't working with anvil
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: repairing enchanted items isn't working with anvil

repairing enchanted items isn't working with anvil 9 years, 7 months ago #220504

I don't know if this is a new issue. but every time I put in my axe + diamonds it takes my levels and gives me back my diamonds and half broken axe.

I"m wondering if there's anything I can do to make this work?
  • Sputnik_15
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: repairing enchanted items isn't working with anvil 9 years, 7 months ago #220512

Sputnik_15 wrote:
I don't know if this is a new issue. but every time I put in my axe + diamonds it takes my levels and gives me back my diamonds and half broken axe.

Are you using the vanilla anvil or the weird one added by the plugins? I would recommend the vanilla one, just make sure you have enough levels before you start. It works in stages, so repair 1 diamond at a time to prevent glitches.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.

Re: repairing enchanted items isn't working with anvil 9 years, 7 months ago #220515

Sypher40 wrote:
Sputnik_15 wrote:

Are you using the vanilla anvil or the weird one added by the plugins? I would recommend the vanilla one, just make sure you have enough levels before you start. It works in stages, so repair 1 diamond at a time to prevent glitches.

I was using the vanilla anvil. it was taking my levels and not repairing my axe. I'll try again today. and let ya know what happens

EDIT: It's still taking my levels and throwing my my used diamond and half broken axe back at me.
  • Sputnik_15
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by Sputnik_15.

Re: repairing enchanted items isn't working with anvil 9 years, 7 months ago #220533

forums.bukkit.org/threads/anvils-do-not-work.127430/

that link. looks like other people are having the same problem. OPs can do it just fine, but players can't maybe you can get some information from that. I don't know but i"m searching around.

EDIT: I mined some coal after my levels got taken away form the but and they all reappeared. so you get your levels back it seems if you get xp right after you do that. I don't know if there's a time limit or anything. but I'll try to find a way to do it.
  • Sputnik_15
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by Sputnik_15.

Re: repairing enchanted items isn't working with anvil 9 years, 7 months ago #220550

Sputnik_15 wrote:

that link. looks like other people are having the same problem. OPs can do it just fine, but players can't maybe you can get some information from that. I don't know but i"m searching around.

EDIT: I mined some coal after my levels got taken away form the but and they all reappeared. so you get your levels back it seems if you get xp right after you do that. I don't know if there's a time limit or anything. but I'll try to find a way to do it.

What version of Minecraft are you running?
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:

Pony wrote:

Re: repairing enchanted items isn't working with anvil 9 years, 7 months ago #220566

Sypher40 wrote:
Sputnik_15 wrote:

I'm running version 1.8
  • Sputnik_15
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: repairing enchanted items isn't working with anvil 9 years, 7 months ago #220567

I think the server is pretty broken with 1.8, I finally checked 1.8 on the server .but I couldent place 1.8 items they just disapeard
  • PHSneaky
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Less of a faggot now
used to be ILikeTrainz

Re: repairing enchanted items isn't working with anvil 9 years, 7 months ago #220570

Sputnik_15 wrote:
Sypher40 wrote:
Sputnik_15 wrote:

I'm running version 1.8

That's why. The server is running 1.7.10, but has a couple plugins that allow people with 1.8 to join. However, it has some weird bugs when this happens, so I suggest downgrading to 1.7.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:

Pony wrote:

Re: repairing enchanted items isn't working with anvil 9 years, 7 months ago #220573

Sypher40 wrote:
Sputnik_15 wrote:
Sypher40 wrote:
Sputnik_15 wrote:

I'm running version 1.8

That's why. The server is running 1.7.10, but has a couple plugins that allow people with 1.8 to join. However, it has some weird bugs when this happens, so I suggest downgrading to 1.7.

Okay I'll go back to 1.7

EDIT: you were spot on. back to 1.7.10 and it works wonderfully
  • Sputnik_15
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by Sputnik_15. Reason: no need to make a new post
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds