Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Information About 1.8
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Information About 1.8

Information About 1.8 9 years, 7 months ago #220425

Hello All! I know many of you have been waiting for the server to update to 1.8 to enjoy all the new features that it has to offer.

Currently the server has been updated to provide compatibility with 1.8 clients which is why you are able to connect and see the 1.8 items in the creative world (placing these items will not work). However this is just a band-aid until the server type we use releases their 1.8 version and none of 1.8's content will be available until that update is made.

One of the major parts of this update is the new world generation types and we could be like most servers and either 1) Do nothing about this and keep the 1.7 world or 2) Wipe the old world and make a new one. We will not be taking either one of those routes, instead we will be generating a new world and placing that on the server and allowing you to warp between these worlds through a gate in the Admin Shop.

Stay tuned as I have been checking daily to see when a stable version of the server releases for 1.8. I am also aware of Nether Portals no longer lighting and I am in the process of figuring out why that is.
  • SilentAmmo
  • Legendary Member
  • public void lagServer(int amount)
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by SilentAmmo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CookieGamblerz

Re: Information About 1.8 9 years, 7 months ago #220475

You made a good choice by making a 1.8 world.
Make sure to update this when a stable Bukkit version is made
  • Geralt
  • Banned
  • Diamond VIP
  • Playing FPMC since 1901
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

Re: Information About 1.8 9 years, 7 months ago #220485

Yesh Yesh Yesh!

Hopefully in the future 1.8 will be for our 1.7 worlds. Armor Stands & Sea Dungeon Adventures!

Thank you!!!!

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: Information About 1.8 9 years, 7 months ago #220497

1.8 Has a lack of plugin support at this point in time, so I would suggest not to upgrade until Bukkit gets their shit together.
  • Spanish
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds