Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

What about a tekkit server?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

Poll: Get a tekkit server

Yes get one. 14 63.6%
No stupid idea 7 31.8%
Replace with current. 1 4.5%
Total number of voters:22 ( Artezza Clocket Theharibokid Sniper4Life Rake Jose Leon James! SemiVoltage .... MrJ0K3RZ Domo fwoble Wraithz XxFallenSniperxX copcia77 Wilson yair.grenade Mez JayHawk meme1004 tomw1234 )
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Page:

TOPIC: What about a tekkit server?

Re: What about a tekkit server? 11 years, 6 months ago #113578

I honestly love Tekkit and the way that things work on it, but the only real servers that I've gotten into were ones that I had lag issues with, like your home hosted server Jose. If there was an official FP Tekkit server I could see myself spending many hours on it gathering resources and upgrading all of the cool gadgets that comes with the mod.

If you do decide to get a Tekkit server let me know and I'll be willing to help out testing if everything works out, anyways... to anyone who hasn't played Tekkit before I highly recommend it because it's a great fun addicting mod!
  • MrJ0K3RZ
  • Banned
  • Diamond VIP
  • Moose Farming Since 1901
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Contact Information
Add me on steam!
Add me on Skype!
Last Edit: 11 years, 6 months ago by MrJ0K3RZ.

Re: What about a tekkit server? 11 years, 6 months ago #113588

I play Technic Pack all the time, as a matter of fact I have about 15 un uploaded videos ready for youtube, but I want enough for a bg series right away, a Tekkit server would be the greatest Idea, Tekkit actually has about 6 more mods than Technic if I remember correctly, AND suprisingly enough Framerate is supposedly higher than single player. I say its worth the few extra dollars a month.
  • copcia77
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: What about a tekkit server? 11 years, 6 months ago #113615

No.
Tekkit has way too much stuff, and I have a panic attack when I try to use it.
Its way too complicated and confusing AND ITS JUST TOO MUCH FOR MY SIMPLE MIND ;n;
  • Skyking240
  • Platinum Boarder
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Add me on Steam!
This one's for you, FP.

Thanks for deleting my entire signature.

Re: What about a tekkit server? 11 years, 6 months ago #113617

The neat thing about Tekkit is that the mods don't change the gameplay, they add to it. You don't have to learn all the mods and use them. You can play normally. The mods are there for people who want to do more things than what vanilla minecraft has to offer.
And honestly, if you are really feeling overwhelmed about all of the mods, just learn them one at a time. Maybe spend a couple of days using one mod and then when you feel comfortable, learn about another. That's how I learned how to use Industrial Craft, BuildCraft, RedPower, Equivalent Exchange, etc.
  • JayHawk
  • Legendary Member
  • Mr. PoopHead

Re: What about a tekkit server? 11 years, 6 months ago #113681

Tekkit is a really big mod. It consists of many other mods. So updating would be a hoe. I think we should wait until Minecraft 1.4 comes out (Halloween day) and wait until Tekkit gets updated.
  • Sniper4Life
  • Platinum Boarder
  • One of the worst snipers to date.
"I shall call him Squishy and he will be my Squishy"

Favorite face ----->

Re: What about a tekkit server? 11 years, 6 months ago #113722

Sniper4Life wrote:
Tekkit is a really big mod. It consists of many other mods. So updating would be a hoe. I think we should wait until Minecraft 1.4 comes out (Halloween day) and wait until Tekkit gets updated.

So, im assuming you mean installing the mods when you say updating. You dont have to do that. It has a seperate client for tekkit, so you can still have normal Minecraft on 1.4 but play tekkit without having to downgrade all the time. And the tekkit updates are not really too much of a problem unless you really want something in a newer version of Minecraft. Also, for anyone who thinks tekkit is hard to learn, there is a very helpful wiki on all of tekkit to help you out with each mod.
thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tekkit_Wiki
  • Artezza
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: What about a tekkit server? 11 years, 6 months ago #113737

Updating the server won't be an issue, if theres an update that comes out, they update all of the mods, before the updated clients are released.
  • Jose
  • Former Owner
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your CSGO Master

Re: What about a tekkit server? 11 years, 6 months ago #113749

Skyking240 wrote:
No.
Tekkit has way too much stuff, and I have a panic attack when I try to use it.
Its way too complicated and confusing AND ITS JUST TOO MUCH FOR MY SIMPLE MIND ;n;

That's what the fun of tekkit is about! You learn how to do these complicated things and make glorious creations

Re: What about a tekkit server? 11 years, 5 months ago #114987

i think thats a grab idea! i absolutely live tekkit but it becomes hard to find a server for tekkie that isn't stupidly laggy! Question: Will times like the mining laser be banned because it isn't tekkie with ought things like mining lasers and destruction catalysts. maybe there could be a special trusted group of people that have played for a while and only want the items for legitimate mining reasons.
  • fwoble
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds