Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

[Forum Game] EMP!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: [Forum Game] EMP!

Re: [Forum Game] EMP! 10 years, 3 months ago #198096

I would just kill my shelf sinc elivign without electricity will be impossible for me T_T

Re: [Forum Game] EMP! 10 years, 3 months ago #198141

Molly wrote:
Blitzkrieg_HOSS wrote:
Well I don't really know what I would do myself, but I would know what some of our enemies would do. For example North Korea would probably attempt to start an occupation along our coastal regions to stop any foreign aid so they can takeover the USA. Or terrorist cells would start emerging all over America causing even more civil unrest.
So yeah an EMP blast would destroy America.

Sorry for the double post, but I feel the need to respond to this. Yes, North Korea could attack while all our systems are down. But think about this; We are a 1st world country, we have a million defense systems, running on electricity. But we have ships all around the world waiting for attack commands, we have stations in most countries, we have allies who can be reached from these stations. Our government is very powerful, do you think for one second they wouldn't have some sort of backup? I doubt our Allies would leave us as sitting ducks, because we help run the world with our money, and goods to trade.

Nah, North Korea wouldn't be able to do shit. They could barely send a missile past Japan, if at all. If there's anyone we'd have to worry about, it'd be the middle east(mostly Pakistan, as they have nukes), China, and Russia. And even if we did have a very powerful army, an EMP doesn't just disable electronics, it for the most part completely destroys them, we'd be out of power nationwide for quite a while. It can also lead to fires and lightning strikes, if it's powerful enough. However, 1 EMP wouldn't be able to reach the entire country, so it'd take multiple to completely blacken the US. And odds are, it'd reach past our borders into Canada or Mexico, so whichever country did it to them as well, would have them to deal with as well.

We wouldn't be completely screwed though, as we have Canada, the UK, France, and Australia just to name a few allies that would help us. The government has definite plans when it comes to something like an EMP, as seen with FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency): www.lrc.fema.gov/downloads/attack_env_4.pdf . So it's not like we'd be in the dark and there'd be no one there.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 10 years, 3 months ago by Rocinante.

Re: [Forum Game] EMP! 10 years, 3 months ago #198202

I would eat a pear and read a book..
  • Hellsdevil
  • Legendary Member
  • MrJ0K3RZ: you are the definition of autism
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

FP Community Ambassador
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds