Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: All-Purpose Hands

All-Purpose Hands 15 years, 2 months ago #6113

A month ago, I posted a \"Fists\" swep which let you punch people. I've rewritten it to do 1 damage per hit, pickpocket money on secondary fire, and knock on doors with reload. How cool is that? You can pickpocket anything between 10-1000. Anyways, it's attatched (NOTE: When you click the link, it will come up with error, just in your URL adrress, remove the _ from friendlyplayers.com)

PS. While pickpocketing, you may get the lua error
weapons/hands/shared.lua:85: attempt to call method 'AddMoney' (a nil value)
THIS IS NOT A REAL ERROR!! That line contains the function to add money to the player when he succeeds in pickpocketing, it DOES work, so it's probably a bug in gmod or summin.

PPS. You aren't gauranteed to Succeed in pickpocketing, there's a 1/10 chance, and a delay before retries.

PPPS. Put in addons xD

Attachment Hands.zip not found

UPDATED LINK!!
Attachments:
Last Edit: 15 years, 2 months ago by My name sucks.

Re:All-Purpose Hands 15 years, 2 months ago #6118

Nice one mns this could be good use:)
  • Bacon
  • Gold Boarder

Re:All-Purpose Hands 15 years, 2 months ago #6119

Nice MNS xD
They should be given to Hobos only makes the class more special (and the hobos are more unwanted in shops etc. just like in real life acctauly)

EDIT:After reading max post i forgot to say something about the damage of the fist,remove it. It gets abused only anyway and i wouldnt call it the defence of the day. and the pickpocket thing is cool as long as its balanced. (doesnt ruin gameplay fun for others)
  • Zok
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: 15 years, 2 months ago by Zok.

Re:All-Purpose Hands 15 years, 2 months ago #6123

Before i joined FP i played on an RP server that had fists, and it was removed after 2 weeks, because people was random pushing people, and fighting with them, and maybe if the pickpocketing was $20 max, because if the server it ment to be as real as possible, people would not be carrying around witht them $1000

Thats just what i think, thanks max
  • Max

Re:All-Purpose Hands 15 years, 2 months ago #6124

Yeah i do agree with max a bit what would happen if someone new joined and got pickpockted straight away then people would start leaving but it's a good idea making it $10 -$20 maximun
  • Bacon
  • Gold Boarder

Re:All-Purpose Hands 15 years, 2 months ago #6127

i guess im gonna have shoot all the hobos than
  • Gannsi
  • Platinum Boarder
OMFG MINUS 30 KARMA I HAVE THE RECORD THANK U ALL THAT GAVE ME BAD RATINGS :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Re:All-Purpose Hands 15 years, 2 months ago #6139

Lemme just point out again that the fists do 1 damage, so they're not really WMDs

Re:All-Purpose Hands 15 years, 2 months ago #6181

I think what gannsi said is a perfect example of whats going to happen if we add this.

What ways can you detect if someones pickpocketing?

Does pickpocketing take a certain amount of time or is it instant?
  • Jordan
"Stuntman Mike: [as he drives] Hey, Pam, remember when I said this car was death proof? Well, that wasn't a lie. This car is 100% death proof. Only to get the benefit of it, honey, you REALLY need to be sitting in my seat.
[slams his boot to the brake and sends Pam flying face-first into the dashboard]"

This is FRIENDLY PLAYERS! 300 posts...

Re:All-Purpose Hands 15 years, 2 months ago #6201

Ways of detecting: If someone is successful they'll emit a sound saying \"Oh yeah!\" that you can hear.

It is instant, but has a 4 second cooldown

Re:All-Purpose Hands 15 years, 2 months ago #6665

Sorry for the double post.
I'm not gonna let this thread die, I just won't, I worked too hard for it, please just consider it.
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds