Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Proximity voice!?

Proximity voice!? 15 years, 3 months ago #5243

Is it possible? If you dont understand me, before you an hero it means you can only hear players around you, so like people who are at the other side of the map wont be able to hear the 11 year old screaming about a random dm at the spawn point. I know it might not help reduce lag but it would be nice to only be able to hear players who are actually near you. It may also increase the levels of actual role playing lol. Obviously we would have to leave like the chat box off proximity so players can still communicate in someway. But anyhoo it's just a thought guys
  • Jordan
"Stuntman Mike: [as he drives] Hey, Pam, remember when I said this car was death proof? Well, that wasn't a lie. This car is 100% death proof. Only to get the benefit of it, honey, you REALLY need to be sitting in my seat.
[slams his boot to the brake and sends Pam flying face-first into the dashboard]"

This is FRIENDLY PLAYERS! 300 posts...

Re:Proximity voice!? 15 years, 3 months ago #5244

On a quick side note whats with the underscores on the word \"players\"?
  • Jordan
"Stuntman Mike: [as he drives] Hey, Pam, remember when I said this car was death proof? Well, that wasn't a lie. This car is 100% death proof. Only to get the benefit of it, honey, you REALLY need to be sitting in my seat.
[slams his boot to the brake and sends Pam flying face-first into the dashboard]"

Re:Proximity voice!? 15 years, 3 months ago #5245

we'll get right on it.

Friendly Players Team
Jam
  • Jam
  • Platinum Boarder

**Real-Time Gamers Owner**

Re:Proximity voice!? 15 years, 3 months ago #5251

Great idea,we also activated that talk thing. (So only people around you could hear you with chat *and talk maybe*) Perhaps implent Cell Phones,So you can communicate with a person on long distance,i saw it on a rp server that would be wicked (if we ever activate that talk thing again)

Off Topic:Whats with the name tags of other people appearing from a 100 meter,i dont know if its still there. But remove it as fast as possible its ruining RP and the gameplay. people cant hide at all anymore. I just need to find the guys nametag to see where hes breaking in or setting up a ambush.
  • Zok
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Proximity voice!? 15 years, 3 months ago #5257

why dont you have it so theres 2 binds for talking theres talking if u need an admin just incase and if they use that for not good reasons we kick um then u have this prox voice for normal rping
  • Siblin
  • Platinum Boarder
Number 1 community, guess what im in it!

Re:Proximity voice!? 15 years, 3 months ago #5260

Zok wrote:
Great idea,we also activated that talk thing. (So only people around you could hear you with chat *and talk maybe*) Perhaps implent Cell Phones,So you can communicate with a person on long distance,i saw it on a rp server that would be wicked (if we ever activate that talk thing again)

Off Topic:Whats with the name tags of other people appearing from a 100 meter,i dont know if its still there. But remove it as fast as possible its ruining RP and the gameplay. people cant hide at all anymore. I just need to find the guys nametag to see where hes breaking in or setting up a ambush.

Yes cellphones(mobile phones) would be awesome aswell, although it may be really annoying or really hard to make because you wouldent want to keep putting peoples number in so there would have to be a phonebook on the phone or something

And yeah the name tag thing isnt good for RP.

AND awesome jam, thanks!!
  • Jordan

Re:Proximity voice!? 15 years, 3 months ago #5267

why not a list of names wen u left click with the fone?
  • Siblin
  • Platinum Boarder

Re:Proximity voice!? 15 years, 3 months ago #5284

siblin wrote:
why not a list of names wen u left click with the fone?

Yeah that would work. Well i guess we'll see what jam cooks up.
  • Jordan

Re:Proximity voice!? 15 years, 3 months ago #5288

lol hopefully if jamscooking it lets hope its not a nuke with my name on it enless ofcorse i get to set it off
  • Siblin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds