• Page:

TOPIC: Viz's Member Application 2

Viz's Member Application 2 8 years, 9 months ago #229984

Steam Name: Viz

RP Name: Mr Viz

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24310737

Steam Profile link:

Current Gametracker Profile:

www.gametracker.com/server_info/play.fri...p_players/?query=viz <-- Various aliases I have gone under, not all

www.gametracker.com/player/Viz/play.friendlyplayers.com:27015/ <-- Current profile

(Not all of these are me, the ones called Viz and Vizurez are. I have played the server under many different Steam names, most of which I do not remember and am unable to provide gametracker profiles for them. My current alias, however, is Viz.)

I am From: United Kingdom

Member of the Steam Group?: Yes.

Time spent on the server: 300-500+ (Community member for 4 years, can't accurately say how long I have played in total on the server)

Time spent in FP: I've played Friendly Players on and off for around 4 years now.

Do you use a Microphone?: Always.

Why You?:

I believe I would be a good candidate to join the Friendly Players staff team as I have been a relatively active member on FP for around 4 years now, and I have over this time become fond of the community.
Only recently did I find out about the FP Reboot, however as soon as I was told I came on to have a look, and I almost immediately became hooked on playing the server again.

Over the course of the 4 years I have been active on Friendly Players, I have met many friends and played various servers, my favorite of which was the DarkRP, although closely followed behind by the HL2RP server, of which I gathered around 100+ hours on, as well as being an active administrator for my time on that server.

Although many of the members now may not remember me from the past, I always made my best efforts to help out the newer players on the server by teaching them the basics of DarkRP, although not a difficult gamemode to understand, it can still be confusing to a majority of players - especially those joining Friendly Players for the first time; I for one know that when I joined for the first time I was extremely confused by the XP system - now I try my best to educate newer players on how the XP system works, how they can make money, and help with anything else they need.

Aside from helping new players, I do my best to report those who are breaking the rules as soon as possible as to maintain the flow of roleplay on the server - although I try to ensure that the person breaking the rules understands what they are doing wrong, and make it clear to them how they can avoid breaking these rules in the future. Sometimes people don't even realize they are breaking the rules, and they are punished and don't understand what they have done wrong - which usually ends up in the player leaving the server and never coming back; this is why I ensure that the player understands what they have done wrong.

With the FP reboot and the strange lack of players alongside it, it doesn't feel right for FP to have such a small playerbase, at least in the UK timezone. There are usually less than 20 players on the server at one time it seems, which means that a lot of the brilliant features FP has to offer aren't able to work due to the player limitation that is present with the reboot. Although I cannot completely fix this issue, I have done my best to get as many new players to join the server, and have so far managed to get a lot of my in real life friends to join Friendly Players, the majority of which have become active community members.

I have been trying to help out people with issues that they are experiencing on the server, whether it be missing textures, problems with lag, problems with crashing or other such issues. Over the 5 or so years that I have played GMod I believe that I have learned enough to be able to effectively help people with issues as I have experienced many of these issues myself in the past and have learned how to fix them.

My activity on the server has been consistent over the past two weeks or so, playing at least 3 hours per day with the exception of Thursday. In total, I have accumulated around 45 hours on the server over the past week and a half, and have likely spent around 500 hours in FP in total, although I cannot prove this due to various name changes. I assume this as I have 3340 hours in GMod, and for the first two years I primarily played on Friendly Players DarkRP.

In conclusion, I believe that I am applicable for this role as I have played FP for over 4 years now and have grown to love the community - as well as understand the mechanics and features of the DarkRP server.
I constantly try to help out new players by showing them the ropes, giving them some money to start off with as well as a printer master if I have one available.
I want to give something back and help out with the server by moderating it and helping out in any way I can, as Friendly Players has given me so many hours of entertainment, and has helped me to meet a lot of awesome people.

Thank you for reading and considering my application,
Viz.
  • Viz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
The topic has been locked.

Re: Viz's Member Application 2 8 years, 9 months ago #229985

You are a nice guy and have helped me with a lot of things i think you would be a good member +support
Last Edit: 8 years, 9 months ago by Sgt.Slaughter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viz

Re: Viz's Member Application 2 8 years, 9 months ago #229986

Helped me out a lot on the server to help me get started. Always helps new players on the server too. overall nice guy 9.5/10 deserves it.
  • Dan
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Viz's Member Application 2 8 years, 9 months ago #229987

Great player! Always on, very cooperative and fun to talk to. I reccommend Viz for a position as a Member, he truly deserves it. Being as dedicated as he is, I'm genuinely suprised no one has already gave him his deserving rank.

+SUPPORT
  • Wu Zi Mu
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Viz's Member Application 2 8 years, 9 months ago #229988

Dan wrote:
Helped me out a lot on the server to help me get started. Always helps new players on the server too. overall nice guy 9.5/10 deserves it.

He should help you build bases.

+support
  • Miley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

Re: Viz's Member Application 2 8 years, 9 months ago #229993

+support Nice guy and always willing to help people out with issues they might have. I think you'd be a great help to the server.

Re: Viz's Member Application 2 8 years, 9 months ago #229995

why not
  • Hellsdevil
  • Legendary Member
  • MrJ0K3RZ: you are the definition of autism

FP Community Ambassador

Re: Viz's Member Application 2 8 years, 9 months ago #229997

its pretty much all been said already but viz is a great guy always willing and wanting to help and there has been an influx of new players recently i'm sure viz has taught them valuable stuff like not to sell their printers to me for 5k etc

If I could sum you up in one word it would be Organic

+support
  • Dracrater
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Viz's Member Application 2 8 years, 9 months ago #229998

+Viz
  • EMP
  • Site Administrator
  • Diamond VIP
  • Ambassador />
					</li>

<li class=
  • FP Owner/Developer

Add me on Steam!

Last Edit: 8 years, 9 months ago by EMP.

Re: Viz's Member Application 2 8 years, 9 months ago #230009

+support I see you on everyday, you dont break rules and i think you would make a good staff member
  • Ella
  • Gold Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Ambassador />
					</li>

<li class=

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds