Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Another suggestion for rp staff (not desperate)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another suggestion for rp staff (not desperate)

Another suggestion for rp staff (not desperate) 8 years, 11 months ago #228957

I think something that could help rp staff manage things better would be a kind of record for punishments on people. So say like someone froze someone that would go on their record. And if they left during their punishment that would go on their record along with what their punishment was for that. I think that would help with some minor issues such as someone coming on that left like 2 months ago who had a 5 minute freeze, you really have no idea to do. If this doesn't strike you as anything you wanna do just go ahead and delete it. But I think it would be a good idea to be able to track players' past punishments. It would help organize just a little bit and would make it so that you can watch players with worse track record than those who have great records to help out.
Thanks for reading
-Kzulu (the scrublord)
P.S. If this does not strike you as anything you want to even look at as I said just go ahead and delete it.
  • Kzulu
  • Expert Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
The topic has been locked.

Re: Another suggestion for rp staff (not desperate) 8 years, 11 months ago #228959

There aren't records in RP? What the hell. This is 2015 this should already be a thing. Should be by Steam ID

Re: Another suggestion for rp staff (not desperate) 8 years, 11 months ago #228960

I don't see the point of having a record of a freeze that is over a week old. I feel like a notepad for staff to write in constant rule breakers would be easier.
  • Sally Skobo
  • Forum Administrator
  • Diamond VIP
  • Ambassador />
					</li>

<li class=
  • The Shy One
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
The Birth of Colour!

Re: Another suggestion for rp staff (not desperate) 8 years, 11 months ago #228961

Just gonna say TTT has something similar, and it is sort of nice to be able to look at the records. For example, if someone has so many punishments in a certain timeframe, it's valid grounds for a ban for constant minging. This way also everyone's on the same page about if a certain player has been misbehaving much recently, as well as potential evidence for abusing power.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xeratous

Re: Another suggestion for rp staff (not desperate) 8 years, 11 months ago #228962

We already have a system that records all punishments. Just so you know as a staff member you can just suggest things during the meetings or inform a higher staff of your suggestion if you cannot attend the meetings yourself.

- Lerroy
  • Lerroy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • #KeepFpChristian
The respect of those you respect is worth more than the applause of the multitude. - Arnold Glasow

Re: Another suggestion for rp staff (not desperate) 8 years, 11 months ago #228963

Ah, I didn't mean the logging system there is right now. As that only shows stuff as long as you have been, if there is another one I assume I am unable to access it which is totally fine. Ultimately though it was as slyther said, it would be nice to be able to have a constant record of someones history because if they were everyday coming on and minging or just minging when a different staff member was on the word would never get around. However, I do see your point sally that there is little to no reason to keep record of a freeze that is a week old. But overall multiple freezes and then leaves can really add up and make a person altogether less trustworthy. In my opinion it makes it much easier just to have that record so you can make sure of everything, I understand if it was just a basic freeze that they sat through that it would disappear but a constant log of at the very least punishments and then them leaving would help others keep track of what is going down. I understand that I could just make that suggestion at the meeting but I like hearing other people's opinions before I show up and start talking about it.
Thanks for reading
-|FP| Kzulu
  • Kzulu
  • Expert Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Another suggestion for rp staff (not desperate) 8 years, 11 months ago #228965

Ah, I did not know that Viking, that is very helpful. I will keep this in mind, though I still believe that to be a little bit restricting. My opinion may be wrong but I think like if you clicked on their name in tab for any like member or up or whatever and up, they could press this button that shows them all punishments that they have evaded or something like that. Not saying this is totally correct and it would make sense just to ask a super admin but sometimes you do not have access to a super admin or even an admin. Doesn't have to be every single friggin log back to the start of time, just could be those punishments that they have evaded and in a more extreme case all of their punishment you could ask a superadmin about.
  • Kzulu
  • Expert Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Another suggestion for rp staff (not desperate) 8 years, 11 months ago #228982

Did you not read what Viking and Lerroy said? We already have a system that logs punishments. Why would we waste our time making another system? That would be pointless. I'll just give all staff members access to the logs.
  • EMP
  • Site Administrator
  • Diamond VIP
  • Ambassador />
					</li>

<li class=
  • FP Owner/Developer

Add me on Steam!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds