Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: LEARN THE RULES

LEARN THE RULES 15 years ago #10151

i know this is not a major part of rp but cmon learn the rules u cannot kill someone or even stun them for \"standing infront of the pd\" u can if they attempt entering the pd so jord FUCKING LEARN THE RULES B4 U JOIN THE SERVER
  • Siblin
  • Platinum Boarder
Number 1 community, guess what im in it!

Re:LEARN THE RULES 15 years ago #10154

I think this needs to be in the Report forum?
  • Tomeron
  • Senior Boarder

Re:LEARN THE RULES 15 years ago #10166

siblin wrote:
i know this is not a major part of rp but cmon learn the rules u cannot kill someone or even stun them for \"standing infront of the pd\" u can if they attempt entering the pd so jord FUCKING LEARN THE RULES B4 U JOIN THE SERVER

LMAO! First of all calm dpwn siblin, no need to swear. You were asked multiple times to remove yourself from the front of the Police Department and failed to comply. I realized that if i had of arrested you it would have resulted in you going apeshite however when you was killed you decided to make a hobo home right infront of the door(pathetic and unfriendly or what!?).

Siblin although you have been a douchebag lately I had reasons for my actions,

Had this of happend in a combine controlled city you would have been executed(ingame obviously)

And seceondly THERE IS A SIGN NEAR ONE OF THE PD DOORS THAT SAYS \"No loitering\"!!!
  • Jordan
"Stuntman Mike: [as he drives] Hey, Pam, remember when I said this car was death proof? Well, that wasn't a lie. This car is 100% death proof. Only to get the benefit of it, honey, you REALLY need to be sitting in my seat.
[slams his boot to the brake and sends Pam flying face-first into the dashboard]"

This is FRIENDLY PLAYERS! 300 posts...

Re:LEARN THE RULES 15 years ago #10171

Jordan, while I don't know the entire story, and I don't even play on the FP RP server (however I'm an admin of another RP server), I must remind you - the way it works on most servers, is that you can't kill someone, as a cop, for doing anything, unless there's a threat to your life.

Meaning, if a guy is breaking the law, you may NOT kill me, but only ARREST him. IF he pulls out a gun and starts shooting you, only then you can kill him.
If you thought he would go \"apeshite\" after arresting him, what made you think killing him wouldn't cause exactly the same?

I don't know the entire story, but so far it seems siblin didn't do anything bad and yet you killed him.
  • Tomeron
  • Senior Boarder

Re:LEARN THE RULES 15 years ago #10177

Tomeron wrote:
Jordan, while I don't know the entire story, and I don't even play on the FP RP server (however I'm an admin of another RP server), I must remind you - the way it works on most servers, is that you can't kill someone, as a cop, for doing anything, unless there's a threat to your life.

Meaning, if a guy is breaking the law, you may NOT kill me, but only ARREST him. IF he pulls out a gun and starts shooting you, only then you can kill him.
If you thought he would go \"apeshite\" after arresting him, what made you think killing him wouldn't cause exactly the same?

I don't know the entire story, but so far it seems siblin didn't do anything bad and yet you killed him.

Ah noted il just arrest him in the future;)

And theres a sign on the PD that says no loitering.

No matter how small or how petty the order is it must be carried out!

Remember in the begining of halflife 2? \"Pick up that can!\" I rest my case...
  • Jordan
"Stuntman Mike: [as he drives] Hey, Pam, remember when I said this car was death proof? Well, that wasn't a lie. This car is 100% death proof. Only to get the benefit of it, honey, you REALLY need to be sitting in my seat.
[slams his boot to the brake and sends Pam flying face-first into the dashboard]"

Last Edit: 15 years ago by Jordan.

Re:LEARN THE RULES 15 years ago #10181

If the story was true then Jordan had the right to remove Siblin infront of PD.
And of course you should try other means before going to violence.

Also to Tomeron (Im trying to balance this out) On the server a arrest is more of a punishment then a kill.
It sounds stupid and its bad rp, i fully agree on that.

Kill=Respawns and loses items
Arrest=Gets stuck for 3 minutes and loses items

But with the current rp system we have that is how it goes.
Currently we are trying to add a special script to turn it the other way around (Hopefully we can get it done)
  • Zok
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: 15 years ago by Zok.

Re:LEARN THE RULES 15 years ago #10203

BTW I think I should mention I was the mayor and I did say in ooc something *dont remember the exact words* about don't harm the hobo's because I love them and so on. I saw him sitting in front of the PD and i didnt mind him there.
  • Kira
  • Expert Boarder
Well Light, you are far more ruthless than a shinigami.

Re:LEARN THE RULES 15 years ago #10222

Zok, true, getting killed is usually a \"better option\" than getting arrested, however it is not RP-ish at all.
I can give many other examples of how something can be done differently, but is not because it is against RP rules.

@Zero - I don't think that if the mayor says \"don't kill the hobos\", the cops aren't allowed to kill hobos. If someone is breaking a town rule, the cops can arrest him, and I think that he can't get \"immunity\" from the mayor
  • Tomeron
  • Senior Boarder

Re:LEARN THE RULES 15 years ago #10265

Thanks Zok and i did ask him to move a couple of times but he wouldn't go.

And Kira he made a home right infront of the door just to annoy me but like Tomeron said the mayor/administrator cant give hobos immunity and the really wouldnt feel compassion for hobos because administrators are usally supposed to be rather like dictators. If their not then they wouldn't be influenced by the combine.
  • Jordan

Re:LEARN THE RULES 15 years ago #10286

I wasn't giving immunity. The cops kept killin themfor stupid shit so that's what I ment.
  • Kira
  • Expert Boarder
Well Light, you are far more ruthless than a shinigami.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds