Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

KONY 2012!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: KONY 2012!

KONY 2012! 12 years, 1 month ago #80629

youtu.be/Y4MnpzG5Sqc Watch the vid. It speaks for itself.
  • Leon James!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
You can't sit with us!

Re: KONY 2012! 12 years, 1 month ago #80633

TL;DW
Too long, didn't watch.
  • SimonJ
  • Gold Boarder
Great shot! or AIMBOT!

Re: KONY 2012! 12 years, 1 month ago #80637

Haha i REALLY didn't want to watch, but i bet my friend $5 i would, and, well... I just got 5 more bucks;P
  • Leon James!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
You can't sit with us!

Re: KONY 2012! 12 years, 1 month ago #80649

Interesting.. KONY :3 Too long to watch.. haha

Re: KONY 2012! 12 years, 1 month ago #80650

I watched it all through, when first you start watching it, it gets more and more interesting.
  • Cave
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Cave Foster

Re: KONY 2012! 12 years, 1 month ago #80702

saw this when i was watching a random youtube video and the op comment was KONY 2012

i wondered what they ment so i researched it and ended up to this video watched it thru my breakfest and i was thinking why not kill the guy then arrest him out of all the worlds problems that i dont give 2 flying shits about this one caught my eye??? :"/ tho i still do care about some problems XD
  • Sneaky
  • Legendary Member
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by Sneaky.

Re: KONY 2012! 12 years, 1 month ago #80719

Joseph Kony, Putting the infant in infantry.
  • Tubzbuster
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: KONY 2012! 11 years, 11 months ago #92583

Don't bother. KONY 2012 and Invisible Children make a mockery of how NGO's should actually go around attempting to solve issues. Anyone who watches this and buys a bracelet or other useless donation is a paragon of young first-world slacktivism. Rather than writing an essay, allow me to post in short bursts why KONY 2012 is a sham:

- Lack of reliability. Invisible Children is a shady NGO. Whenever you make a charitable donation, take a look at where your money is actually going. Avoid organizations that put a high percentage of funds towards "administration." www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/07/107226...Donate-to-Kony-2012-

- Sovereignty. Invisible Children cannot actually do anything about the situation. NGO's cannot just kick down the door and chase after international criminals. They do not have the jurisdiction.

- Harms of slacktivism. It is erroneous to convince young westerners that problems in the developing world can be solved by throwing money at them. Instead, young people should be encouraged to learn more about the situation from unbiased sources and see if there are ways they can meaningfully contribute to their cause.

- "The African Problem." Videos such as this paint Africa as a region of perpetual turmoil and violence, populated by incompetents who can not solve things for themselves. Invisible Children's video is no more than a 2012 depiction of the White Man's Burden to civilize those who cannot save themselves.

- Ignores actual Ugandan issues. The people of Uganda are suffering more at the hands of the corrupt government than they are at Joseph Kony, who is actually in the Democratic Republic of Congo presently. When the KONY 2012 video was shown in an Ugandan village, thousands traveled to see it, but ended up throwing stones at the projector in fury that a white man was representing them in a false manner. www.wired.com/rawfile/2012/04/new-photos...y-2012-video-misses/

Lesson being: Do your research before you throw your money at a charity. Sharing a video, changing your Facebook picture, or buying a bracelet does not help anyone. Be an activist, not a slactivist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gogurt

Re: KONY 2012! 11 years, 11 months ago #92615

Extreme bump

Don't bump topics that are 2 months old
  • smee1233
  • Gold Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds