Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

My cover of My heart will go on :)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: My cover of My heart will go on :)

My cover of My heart will go on :) 12 years, 11 months ago #56139

Hello, I just wanted to share my keyboard cover of My heart will go on.

• Wisteria
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: My cover of My heart will go on :) 12 years, 11 months ago #56140

Nice =D. I used to be able to play some mozart and Fur Elise on the piano about 5-6 years ago. Havent touched a piano since.

Keep it up

Bob
  • Bob Bonsall
  • Platinum Boarder

Had to remove my second screenshot as some noob told me it wasnt child friendly :'(

Had to remove my third screenshot due to privacy.

Damn i'm a rule breaker

Re: My cover of My heart will go on :) 12 years, 11 months ago #56143

Firstly, moved to correct section (Friendly media)

And now on topic, that's not bad playing if you're a beginner. If I may make a suggestion? If you are using the pedal then you need to take your foot off of it every half bar or so because otherwise you end up with all the notes echoing into a horrible dissonant mess.

If it's your keyboard echo/reverb which is probably more likely then you need to turn it down or turn it off.

Apart from that it's pretty good. Did you work it out by ear or play sheet music? How long have you been playing?

I've been playing Piano since 2006 and I have no idea how "good" I am. My piano teacher thinks I'm pretty good. I'm currently playing and almost note perfect and I can play except the really fast bits at the end.

Other things I've played:

Learning to play this at the moment... it's hard ;(

W!PeOuT

EDIT: After looking around I found something else. This is a really good cover so if you wanted to improve your technique watch this guy and how he changes dynamic (Volume) and puts Rubato (slowing down at parts of the music and then speeding up).

These are all very subtle things but it what turns a bunch of notes into a piece of "music". All music that's interesting has emotion so if you are playing an instrument then you have to put the same emotion (or even your own emotion) into it.
  • W!PeOuT
  • Platinum Boarder
Former Admin on: JB [Rank B], Surf [Rank SA + TC] and many other servers before that. Former Global moderator on forums.

Steam: Jimtheatomicasby
(steamcommunity.com/id/atomicasby)

I can be good at surf... take a look:

http://www.pingtest.net/result/27892969.png
Last Edit: 12 years, 11 months ago by W!PeOuT.

Re: My cover of My heart will go on :) 12 years, 11 months ago #56144

W!PeOuT wrote:
Firstly, moved to correct section (Friendly media)

And now on topic, that's not bad playing if you're a beginner. If I may make a suggestion? If you are using the pedal then you need to take your foot off of it every half bar or so because otherwise you end up with all the notes echoing into a horrible dissonant mess.

If it's your keyboard echo/reverb which is probably more likely then you need to turn it down or turn it off.

Apart from that it's pretty good. Did you work it out by ear or play sheet music? How long have you been playing?

W!PeOuT (Playing Piano since 2006 and I'm about grade 8 ish)

Personally I think i'm something between beginner-amateur, but I just wanted to play something a bit easier.
I'll be uploading more videos in the future
And about the echoing, I don't have any pedal (i'll buy a new keyboard with pedal), and the headset was accidentally plugged into the Sustain, that explains the echoing
I learned the song about 2 years ago by sheet music (I started taking piano lessons 2007 but I quitted later), and then it has just been in my mind

Thanks
  • Wisteria
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: My cover of My heart will go on :) 12 years, 11 months ago #56148

@Wisteria

Nice playing

@Wipeout

Let us hear some off your music then.
  • Veritas
  • Platinum Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goosey

Re: My cover of My heart will go on :) 12 years, 11 months ago #56151

@Wipeout

Let us hear some off your music then.

No way. I never show photos of me nor do I play for other people. I really don't like "performing" and I only perform in orchestras playing my other instrument (double bass) and even then I'm REALLY uncomfortable and I won't play if I know it's being filmed.
  • W!PeOuT
  • Platinum Boarder
Former Admin on: JB [Rank B], Surf [Rank SA + TC] and many other servers before that. Former Global moderator on forums.

Steam: Jimtheatomicasby
(steamcommunity.com/id/atomicasby)

I can be good at surf... take a look:

http://www.pingtest.net/result/27892969.png

Re: My cover of My heart will go on :) 12 years, 11 months ago #56154

Tits or gtfo

=D
  • Bob Bonsall
  • Platinum Boarder

Had to remove my second screenshot as some noob told me it wasnt child friendly :'(

Had to remove my third screenshot due to privacy.

Damn i'm a rule breaker
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aequitas

Re: My cover of My heart will go on :) 12 years, 11 months ago #56157

Plz try play this....

We had to study it for our GCSE Music but i really like it.
  • Mr Biggles
  • Platinum Boarder

WOOOO OVER 100 KARMA!!!!!

click on add friend then add me on r_168 if you want to!

Mr Biggles!

OLD LAPTOP RESULTS BELOW!!!..........................................NEW LAPTOPS RESULTS!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds