Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

new css server.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: new css server.

Re: new css server. 13 years, 3 months ago #45522

don't pay for tf2 FP has css and gmod server so take CSS (deathrun )
  • Martinovdz
  • Platinum Boarder
Steam: marti_007

Re: new css server. 13 years, 3 months ago #45534

that's what she said..

Why would it die? And.. spammed at start wtf? who spammed a server with ip here?
  • Martinovdz
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: new css server. 13 years, 3 months ago #45535

TF2 server. please <3
  • Bigronnie3
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: new css server. 13 years, 3 months ago #45537

Yes, and invites will make them come faster too, they will play more on it, add it to their favourites and it will slowly start populating itself.
  • Martinovdz
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: new css server. 13 years, 3 months ago #45543

W!Pe0uT, your server ain't that empty actually, you can't expect that people play much during the week but... in the weekends i think it's always populated by somebody. (not always that much people, but people join if they see some people are playing on it.)

Yes but the usual 5 people is hardly populated and besides it's not much of a zombie escape server when it's less than 15 people which is all the time at the moment.

And besides, he doesn't have to spend that much on a server because he would get not that many slots as you. I think 18 - 24 should be enough and that doesn't cost as much as your server W!Pe

Umm yes but as I said before a zombie escape server needs more than 20 slots to be any good and I was told that anything less than 32 and there would be no point. Besides things really start improving after about 20 people so 18 is defiantly too low...

Servers only die because people don't play it..

You can't expect to get a server, and it will instantly be popular. The owners themselfs need to play untill it becomes a stable number of people allways on.

Very true Jay but let's be realisitic here. I have been playing the server for a while now. It was working for a while and then all of a sudden it just died. It's been updated twice and has a new mod installed on it but people aren't playing it. I tried getting more admins but that didn't work so what now? My january exams start this Friday and I do not have time to run the server and go on it all the time. Frankly if it weren't for sepi it wouldn't exist right now.

If someone see's 1 person on, they'll join the server. Someone will see 2 people on.. and join.. it continues up like that.

Actually this effect only starts around the 3 person mark. I know when I'm looking at server lists I never really join anything with less than 5 people but that's just me.

For example I once tried to populate by actually sitting in the ZE server for about an hour waiting and listening to music and inviting people on steam. After that I gave up and the next day I came back with about 4 people and within about an hour there was 20+ people on.

Besides people don't think like this. It's perfect common sense but most people just don't see an empty server and say "I'm gonna populate that" they're sooner gonna bugger off to JB or GMOD because they always have people on unless it's 3 AM.

I'm all for a TF2 server. FP always could branch out into other games and we already have tonnes of CSS servers so we don't need anymore...

W!PeOuT
  • W!PeOuT
  • Platinum Boarder
Former Admin on: JB [Rank B], Surf [Rank SA + TC] and many other servers before that. Former Global moderator on forums.

Steam: Jimtheatomicasby
(steamcommunity.com/id/atomicasby)

I can be good at surf... take a look:

http://www.pingtest.net/result/27892969.png

Re: new css server. 13 years, 3 months ago #45549

explain more about tf2 please. I don't have the game, and I don't know which type of game it is (shooting, building etc.)
  • Markus.
  • Gold Boarder
steam name: marken43
xbox live gamertag: markusmmm

Re: new css server. 13 years, 3 months ago #45550

if you get a TF2 server i will love you forever and ever <3<3<3
  • Bigronnie3
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: new css server. 13 years, 3 months ago #45554

E.g; If there is already a Soldier you can't go soldier unless all classes have at least 1 player.

That is a bad idea because imagine how many medics and engineers you'd have comapared to the demo, solider classes which are the main offensive classes. Support classes are always less in number for a reason.

W!PeOuT
  • W!PeOuT
  • Platinum Boarder
Former Admin on: JB [Rank B], Surf [Rank SA + TC] and many other servers before that. Former Global moderator on forums.

Steam: Jimtheatomicasby
(steamcommunity.com/id/atomicasby)

I can be good at surf... take a look:

http://www.pingtest.net/result/27892969.png

Re: new css server. 13 years, 3 months ago #45574

TF2 is brilliant. EVERN BETTER WITH NO LAGG!!!
p.s neo, afk mod, peeps should move to spec after 2 mins max not 10!! and that vid is super old,that even be4 i bought the game with was at start 2009. the updates ae brill and better weps
  • Mr Biggles
  • Platinum Boarder

WOOOO OVER 100 KARMA!!!!!

click on add friend then add me on r_168 if you want to!

Mr Biggles!

OLD LAPTOP RESULTS BELOW!!!..........................................NEW LAPTOPS RESULTS!!

Re: new css server. 13 years, 3 months ago #45649

what is it going to be
  • yakuza
  • Platinum Boarder
No3

Admin on JB and PP
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds