Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: .

Re: Somali Pirate ****'s Defeated. 10 years, 7 months ago #176363

ChummyXRay wrote:
Clyde wrote:
ChummyXRay wrote:
Good to hear that they've got the terrorists out of the mall.

I just don't understand what can compel people to do such horrible things. Storming into a mall and executing innocent people left and right to get revenge on a government. Just absolutely horrible.

Well sometimes that's the only method that works. Look at all the attention they're getting now.

While I'll agree that it worked, I refuse to believe mass murder is sometimes the only option to draw attention.

Sadly, this is a part of human nature. People may change over the years, but there will always be that part that wishes harm to others for no real reason.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.

Re: Somali Pirate ****'s Defeated. 10 years, 7 months ago #176372

ChummyXRay wrote:

I just don't understand what can compel people to do such horrible things. Storming into a mall and executing innocent people left and right to get revenge on a government. Just absolutely horrible.
Not everyone is as fortunate as we are. Some people live each day like it's their last, living it a day at a time. Wondering... Hoping... If they can feed themselves or their family for the day and the next and the next... And if their government will protect them. When you have such a corrupt and misshapen as the Somali Government. This is really their only option. When NO one listens to their outcries, this is the only way. Not only that, the kids that are BORN into this and had no choice, are really fighting because that's the only thing they know, so there really isn't a cause anymore. Go watch that new movie about Somali pirates with Tom Hanks that's coming out(unless it's already out xD).
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by Rocinante.

Re: Somali Pirate ****'s Defeated. 10 years, 7 months ago #176383

• Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Dare To Zlatan
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by .....

Re: Somali Pirate ****'s Defeated. 10 years, 7 months ago #176384

Professor TTz wrote:
ChummyXRay wrote:

Not everyone is as fortunate as we are. Some people live each day like it's their last, living it a day at a time. Wondering... Hoping... If they can feed themselves or their family for the day and the next and the next... And if their government will protect them. When you have such a corrupt and misshapen as the Somali Government. This is really their only option. When NO one listens to their outcries, this is the only way. Not only that, the kids that are BORN into this and had no choice, are really fighting because that's the only thing they know, so there really isn't a cause anymore. Go watch that new movie about Somali pirates with Tom Hanks that's coming out(unless it's already out xD).

I know I'm extremely fortunate to live the life I do and every day I try to be grateful for it.

My problem with this is that not all of these people were unfortunate or forced into this life. If I am remembering correctly at least three of the terrorists that took part in this attack were from the United States. They chose to leave their life and become killers all in the name of their faith. I believe another one of the attackers was from Britain as well. The Mujahideen who took part in this atrocious act were not all unfortunate individuals fighting to provide for their family. These people went into this mall and gunned down innocent people to spite a government that took action against a terrorist group.
  • ChummyXRay
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by ChummyXRay.

Re: Somali Pirate ****'s Defeated. 10 years, 7 months ago #176385

The British and Americans on site were the ones killed; they were not terrorists.

The Al-Shabaab attacked the mail as a way of revenge on Kenya for placing soldiers in Somalia but at the same time they were targeting only non Muslims allowing Muslims to leave.
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Dare To Zlatan

Re: Somali Pirate ****'s Defeated. 10 years, 7 months ago #176386

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2430324...airobi-massacre.html Krugerman12 wrote:
The British and Americans on site were the ones killed; they were not terrorists.

The Al-Shabaab attacked the mail as a way of revenge on Kenya for placing soldiers in Somalia but at the same time they were targeting only non Muslims allowing Muslims to leave.

I'll have to find the article when I get home since I'm on my phone at school.

I read that three of the terrorists that took part in the attack were teens from Missouri and another state that went to train in a s
Somali camp. They quoted one of the boys saying that the training ground was "the real Disneyland" and he urged others to join him.

Edit: The boys were from Minnesota. Here is the link as well www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2430324...airobi-massacre.html
  • ChummyXRay
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by ChummyXRay.

Re: Somali Pirate ****'s Defeated. 10 years, 7 months ago #176392

ChummyXRay wrote:
Professor TTz wrote:
ChummyXRay wrote:

g

I know I'm extremely fortunate to live the life I do and every day I try to be grateful for it.

My problem with this is that not all of these people were unfortunate or forced into this life. If I am remembering correctly at least three of the terrorists that took part in this attack were from the United States. They chose to leave their life and become killers all in the name of their faith. I believe another one of the attackers was from Britain as well. The Mujahideen who took part in this atrocious act were not all unfortunate individuals fighting to provide for their family. These people went into this mall and gunned down innocent people to spite a government that took action against a terrorist group.
I just typed out a huge thing replying to this but accidentally deleted it. Basically, it's the same on the US/UK end. We've done equally if not worse things to people because they either don't have the same faith as we do, or have a different political system as we do, etc. (Massacre at Wounded Knee, Trail of Tears, Our involvement in the Vietnamese/Korean War). While I do think it is terrible what they did, I can't blame them. Especially when Western Modernization is practically destroying their way of life. They're doing it for something they believe in to be true and righteous. When slavery was still legal in the U.S., people didn't think wrongly of it. They didn't question their morals, they went and did it anyways. Same with Racism, people didn't think of calling black people racial slurs, they did it because that's what they felt was "normal" and right. Morality and wrongdoing is all subjective. There really is no such thing as right and wrong (from an Atheists standpoint, such as myself). It's all cultural.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by Rocinante.

Re: Somali Pirate ****'s Defeated. 10 years, 7 months ago #176394

Professor TTz wrote:
ChummyXRay wrote:
Professor TTz wrote:
ChummyXRay wrote:

g

I just typed out a huge thing replying to this but accidentally deleted it. Basically, it's the same on the US/UK end. We've done equally if not worse things to people because they either don't have the same faith as we do, or have a different political system as we do, etc. (Massacre at Wounded Knee, Trail of Tears, Our involvement in the Vietnamese/Korean War). While I do think it is terrible what they did, I can't blame them. Especially when Western Modernization is practically destroying their way of life. They're doing it for something they believe in to be true and righteous. When slavery was still legal in the U.S., people didn't think wrongly of it. They didn't question their morals, they went and did it anyways. Same with Racism, people didn't think of calling black people racial slurs, they did it because that's what they felt was "normal" and right. Morality and wrongdoing is all subjective. There really is no such thing as right and wrong (from an Atheists standpoint, such as myself). It's all cultural.

Now that I can both respect and understand. You are right in saying that they are doing what they believe is not only necessary but right as well. Just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean it is anymore right or wrong.

Thank you for being willing to discuss this and enlighten me to a certain degree. That goes to everyone that has participated in the discussion.
  • ChummyXRay
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Somali Pirate ****'s Defeated. 10 years, 7 months ago #176395

Krugerman12 wrote:

That's exactly the movie I'm talking about, but it didn't have the exact quote(s) I was looking for:

Skip to 1:47 and listen from then on what the guy says. He says he has gone too far, and when Tom Hanks tells him that there has to be some other way besides violence, he responds "Maybe in America... Maybe in America."

This implies that he really doesn't have any other choice. THAT is the lifestyle he has.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: Somali Pirate ****'s Defeated. 10 years, 7 months ago #176401

ChummyXRay wrote:
Professor TTz wrote:
ChummyXRay wrote:
Professor TTz wrote:
ChummyXRay wrote:

g

Now that I can both respect and understand. You are right in saying that they are doing what they believe is not only necessary but right as well. Just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean it is anymore right or wrong.

Thank you for being willing to discuss this and enlighten me to a certain degree. That goes to everyone that has participated in the discussion.
Think of it how parents drill things into kids heads not to do something bad again. The first few times, they'll calmly tell them to not to it or they'll get in trouble. After a while, they'll get sick of it and starting yelling at them, hoping they'll finally get it. Then, after a long time of them just doing it over and over again, they'll start spanking them or verbally abusing them. All the pirates want is their voices to be heard because they truly need help(at least in the Somali case, don't know the reasoning in the mall one). Once they get to the point where violence is the only option, it becomes so ingrained in their brain that it's impossible to change their lifestyle, like I said, kids are BORN into it. The Somali pirate wars have been going on for a VERY long time. It's how they live, and survive. However wrong and weird it is to us, to them, it's normal, they don't see anything wrong with it. They haven't had the education or good parenting to know that it's wrong.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling

H. P. Lovecraft
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds